P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

It would be a disaster if I lived there.  All the strays would be in the house and we'd be relegated to the shed.😉

Sis

LOL,don't want to be in the doghouse.

Lovely lady we know with 2 old dogs of her own has offered to have him for the 10 days our family are here.Grandson is scared of dogs and he does bite a bit (the dog not the grandson).

• Haha 1

As the forecast is dry for the next two days, I emptied the shed today,  with the exception of the freezer, which is in the far corner, and painted the floor. Very nice it looks too, but it will take a while to dry.

A little later Lady W asked what we were having for dinner ."M&S quiche " I said. (Posh, aren't  we!). "Where is it?" She asked. "In the freezer" said I, suddenly realising my sheer nincompoopery. 

Anyone out there with arms six feet long?

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

It would be a disaster if I lived there.  All the strays would be in the house and we'd be relegated to the shed.😉

Sis

16 minutes ago, wowzz said:

As the forecast is dry for the next two days, I emptied the shed today,  with the exception of the freezer, which is in the far corner, and painted the floor. Very nice it looks too, but it will take a while to dry.

A little later Lady W asked what we were having for dinner ."M&S quiche " I said. (Posh, aren't  we!). "Where is it?" She asked. "In the freezer" said I, suddenly realising my sheer nincompoopery. 

Avril , could you pass Wowzz the quiche whilst your in there please, it's just next to the ice cream thank you .:classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well, the PM/Prof Whitty press conference today wasn’t very positive for cruising restarting, was it?  Obvs it didn’t actually mention cruising but we’re rowing back on so many small freedoms we’ve either been enjoying for a few weeks or were anticipating resuming soon ...

Reports of sardine-can like conditions on coast-bound trains today 😕

It’s such a dilemma.  It’s such a shame.  Personally I would accept the additional small risk to myself to allow everyone to be able to live more normally but that’s not the choice.  It’s not just restricted to ourselves.  Everyone who gets infected endangers everyone else.  The whole population is at risk to some degree; some like health and care workers have a much higher risk whilst continuing to work - and being trussed up in uncomfortable protective gear.

I still think the best advice I heard was way back at the start of this - “The best way not to get Covid is to behave as though you had it”.  

oh for a decent instant test

oh for a vaccine!

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, kalos said:

Avril , could you pass Wowzz the quiche whilst your in there please, it's just next to the ice cream thank you .:classic_smile:

If she's squatting in Wowzz's shed she's stuck to the floor.

• Haha 2

I can't believe the stupidity of some people, there are now reports of covid cases in Stone (just a few miles from us) linked to a few evenings 2 weeks ago when crowds packed pubs and beer gardens in the town, around 600 people have been tested after 11 confirmed cases.  Why would you go into a pub that was already packed and if it was empty when you went in why would you stay when it started to get crowded ? do these people think that they have some kind of immunity ?

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I can't believe the stupidity of some people, there are now reports of covid cases in Stone (just a few miles from us) linked to a few evenings 2 weeks ago when crowds packed pubs and beer gardens in the town, around 600 people have been tested after 11 confirmed cases.  Why would you go into a pub that was already packed and if it was empty when you went in why would you stay when it started to get crowded ? do these people think that they have some kind of immunity ?

It was mainly young people I believe and young people are invincible. It goes with the territory. Statistically, they’re pretty safe from this, though, and they know it.

I’d guess that the more responsible ones with older relatives and contacts will have been more careful, but in many cases there’s not a lot of love lost between the generations.  Some argue, with some justification, that older generations have left them with a damaged planet and don’t seem keen to do much about it. I’m talking in generalities though.

That pub, according to reports, looks to have had little regard for the rules and may end up losing its license.

We normally go out when we can be fairly sure that it's going to be quiet.

This morning, we went out quite early and walked to our nearby medium sized shopping centre - it's about two and a half miles away.  Costa reopened this week, so we had our first Costa coffees since March. Then we went into the Body Shop as I needed some hair conditioner. Everywhere was very quiet, so footfall doesn't seem to be returning to the shops just yet. Mask wearing was almost 100% too. 

It's not good for the shop keepers, but it is pleasurable walking around without crowds.  

I see there are changes to lockdown guidance last night and today.  It's become very complex.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Thanks a bunch kalos😜. Who do think I am, Mr Tickle? I'm only 5' 2". A proper shorthouse. Anyway it's nice and cool sat in here. Tell wowzz his quiche was nice if a little hard. Now for dessert, ooh frozen raspberries and ice cream, lovely. Bye for now kalos , I'm still dining😆😉

Avril 

• Haha 1

Possibly the most significant thing you'll hear today from Prof Whitty:

"We have probably reached the limits of what we can do in terms of opening up as a society... The idea that we can open up everything is clearly wrong. Choices will need to be made."

😢

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

They do Josy that's the trouble. Boris said lockdown is easing but be careful, wear a mask and keep to social distancing. What they heard was go and have fun, normal service resumed and covid is no more. 

Avril 

On 7/30/2020 at 8:11 AM, Josy1953 said:

Usual cat behaviour then   😹😹

Mmmmm they have now decided that our bedroom is better than theirs ........ will let them off today though as it is baking hot here so anywhere cool is what they need. Think we will be sleeping on the beach ...

Not sure if I mentioned that a heron has moved in to the area .......... guessing Harry followed us to Wales !!!!!!

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Some argue, with some justification, that older generations have left them with a damaged planet and don’t seem keen to do much about it. I’m talking in generalities though.

Oh Harry. If I wasn't in such a happy frame of mind today...........😉 

Avril 

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Oh Harry. If I wasn't in such a happy frame of mind today...........😉 

Avril 

Sorry, Avril.  It’s a very common view amongst the young though.  Better to be aware of it than not though.

I’m certainly not suggesting a debate though. Not here. Both sides have their own views and some good arguments.  😉

Harry

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

It could have been worse Wowzz, you could have painted yourself into the corner of the shed and still been there now with your M&S quiche... 

Andy 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Well a beautiful end to a beautiful day. Torrential rain and thunderstorms 

Avril 

Well that's two things that I think that were wrong Wowzz.

If this storm missed you then you were lucky .We have a river of rain running down our street .

On the bright side Avril you don't need to water any plants in your garden tonight .:classic_smile:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

If this storm missed you then you were lucky .We have a river of rain running down our street .

On the bright side Avril you don't need to water any plants in your garden tonight .:classic_smile:

Too late kalos. Frank already did while I was getting dinner ready😂

Avril 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, kalos said:

Lots of thunder rolling around, and a few large spots of rain, but nothing too  serious.

Fortunately the wine cellar (well an IKEA cube) is in the house, so all is well ! 

Going to watch an episode or two of "Queer Eye", as there is no plot to follow! 

• Like 1

We looked after our baby grandson for 5 hours this morning and he was so good, no crying at all, I was so relieved!
Then we went to Leeds Castle for a lovely afternoon tea on a shady terrace overlooking the castle.
ea9add3ba0defcf301b61e02231b6149.jpgf183225e0208899d492d5bd45d2325a2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Possibly the most significant thing you'll hear today from Prof Whitty:

"We have probably reached the limits of what we can do in terms of opening up as a society... The idea that we can open up everything is clearly wrong. Choices will need to be made."

😢

I noticed that comment too.

it says to me that this is the best it’s going to get for quite a while, which is an unsettling thought.

• Like 2