P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Yes, sorry, my initial reply was curt and came over as rude. I was under a bit of time pressure, but that is no excuse.

My intention was to direct readers to the thread that was already full of posts discussing the new cancellations, and had been very busy for the previous 3 hours or so.

So once again my apologies, and I consider myself truly on the naughty step.

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Yes, sorry, my initial reply was curt and came over as rude. I was under a bit of time pressure, but that is no excuse.

My intention was to direct readers to the thread that was already full of posts discussing the new cancellations, and had been very busy for the previous 3 hours or so.

Don’t give it a second thought, Wowzz.  You’re one of the good guys. 😇

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DamianG said:

Hey Graham, has Sunderland relocated to avoid restrictions?

Now the 10pm curfew makes sense !  Get them all in bed early and do a moonlight flit with an entire city.

The Geordies will be pleased as they never really liked living next door to the Mackems anyway.

I hope Graham and Pauline and all the others enjoy their new location on the west coast.

Anyone know where Carlisle has moved to now ?? :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

That's the biggest problem with the written word wowzz, sometimes words don't come across how they were mean't. I knew you didn't mean to be curt, that's not who you are😘

Avril

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Autumn must be on the way. Just bulk cooked and mashed an enormous quantity of carrot & swede, ready for the freezer.

What is your technique for peeling swede? In recent years, I've found them just about impossible.

Who'd have thought we'd be discussing this on CC...

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

What is your technique for peeling swede? In recent years, I've found them just about impossible.

Who'd have thought we'd be discussing this on CC...

I cut the swede into quarters, and then peel each quarter using a heavy duty Le Creuset peeler.

Don't you just love how this thread meanders all over the place!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Now the 10pm curfew makes sense !  Get them all in bed early and do a moonlight flit with an entire city.

The Geordies will be pleased as they never really liked living next door to the Mackems anyway.

I hope Graham and Pauline and all the others enjoy their new location on the west coast.

Anyone know where Carlisle has moved to now ?? :classic_unsure:

I would be happy if they moved Chesterfield closer to the coast!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Autumn must be on the way. Just bulk cooked and mashed an enormous quantity of carrot & swede, ready for the freezer.

I've been busy collecting and freezing raspberries ready ready for making jam later on. I've had a glut of tomatoes this year, so I've made up 14 batches of pasta sauce for the freezer too. A busy time for us gardeners now.

Avril

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Parsnip & swede bake is a favourite in our house. I usually have a few in the freezer.

When I top a cottage pie I always mash together potato, sweet potato, parsnip and swede or turnip. Much tastier and healthier.

Avril

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ann141 said:

That's given me an idea, could they move Southampton further North in time for our next cruise? I don't mind if it is only temporary while we go and come back 😀

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, ann141 said:

You can't get much further away, I have heard it said that Chesterfield is in the geographical center of England.

My Grandson was home from hospital yesterday, off to see him this afternoon, obviously keeping our distance

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Now there’s the basis for another discussion.  Leaving Scotland aside, as obviously north, where’s the line drawn delineating north and south?

Watford (obviously) - that's what everyone used to tell me when I went to work in London.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ann141 said:

7 minutes ago, DamianG said:

That's given me an idea, could they move Southampton further North in time for our next cruise? I don't mind if it is only temporary while we go and come back 😀

That's sorted then ,swap Southampton with Chesterfield !  

Hold on a minute ,careful what you wish for ! :classic_unsure:

Docking ships in Southampton would be a nightmare .:classic_wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

You can't get much further away, I have heard it said that Chesterfield is in the geographical center of England.

My Grandson was home from hospital yesterday, off to see him this afternoon, obviously keeping our distance

Excellent, Bloodaxe. How is he feeling?