P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Well we aren't too far from you tonight then over here in Llanddulas. We can see the bay from here so we are waving to you. I am beginning to think you are stalking us though 🤔 😉  and would you believe that there is a heron!!!!!!!!

We’re here primarily to visit my parents in Abergele as my mum has had an eye operation today. Just a reflective time, 12 months ago to the date we were on our favourite “C” a cruise ship in Bar Harbor, Maine, USA and now we’re in what we are getting to be known for, another “C” caravan!

C1CD09D7-DE01-4F7D-B040-3EFC0A6BA6FB.jpeg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, kalos said:

As you say Wowzz we were a different generation or just plain mad .Good times eh

Just to add,  back in 1970, my Dad lent me his Singer Gazelle,  so I and 3 mates could drive to the Bath Pop Festival.

3 days of  sitting on a wet hill with ditches for loos! I fell asleep and missed Pink Floyd.

And that festival led to  Glastonbury - complete with yurts, vegan catering, showers,  portaloos, mobile phones etc .

Different times!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I can see them now. He seems perky enough. Another good deed done bro. Well done😊

Sis

Imagine having a dislocated hip and walking around for weeks until the muscles and tendons healed around it.Doesn't bear thinking about.It was a miracle that the lady from Rome walked past and offered to take him.We don't even live on any route that would take her past our house normally.Cheers,bro.

8 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Keeps you on your toes though doesn't it? 🙂

I don't peel them whole. I cut it into smaller chunks first. I find it easier to peel smaller pieces.

Avril

Can't get parsnips here,we bring them over for our Brazilian neighbour,she loves them.They call them yellow carrots in Brazil.Her Calabrian husband hates them.Italians are set in their ways regarding trying different foods.Bro.

• Like 1

Good morning all, it’s our 33rd wedding anniversary today( I was a child bride 😉) John is working though so we’re having Sunday lunch out tomorrow at a local restaurant- much more our style now to a Saturday night out! Coincidentally it’s the restaurant where I had my hen night 😃.

• Like 11

Talking of times past, I was talking to a friend recently about my Dad driving me an hour to my Bank’s head office for an interview. Neither of us knew the town and there were no mobile phones then but we found each other afterwards and I remember no drama! Knowing my Dad he probably just hung around outside for the hour I was in there!!

He is so patient and laid back my Dad, I remember school trips were always late getting back and all my friends were saying their Dad would be going mental at the school gates waiting. I knew he’d been fine though, ‘can’t be helped’ he’d say 😊 My mum, waiting at home would be getting frantic though ! Now people can’t cope without their mobile phones!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

Talking of times past, I was talking to a friend recently about my Dad driving me an hour to my Bank’s head office for an interview. Neither of us knew the town and there were no mobile phones then but we found each other afterwards and I remember no drama! Knowing my Dad he probably just hung around outside for the hour I was in there!!

He is so patient and laid back my Dad, I remember school trips were always late getting back and all my friends were saying their Dad would be going mental at the school gates waiting. I knew he’d been fine though, ‘can’t be helped’ he’d say 😊 My mum, waiting at home would be getting frantic though ! Now people can’t cope without their mobile phones!

How nice. I’m sure he’d love that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

Avril

Whatever it takes!!😴😴

I use my bread knife,and carve as you would a pineapple, then slice and put in the bin!

Hate the stuff!

Only joking, like you, mix with carrot and sweet potato as a mash, also add horseradish or french mustard, depending on what I am cooking.

Also goes well with Haggis.

Hi there Mercury. Having a good holiday? Nice that you've found some time to join in our riveting discussions. I'll bet you've missed them😊

Hmm, I add a little french mustard sometimes as well, garlic pepper or cheese too, but horseradish, Oh No. Awful, much too hot for me. Dad was a big fan of it and ate it with anything savoury. I'll take your word for the haggis though😝.  Nice to hear from you and enjoy the rest of your break, and your wine 😵😁

Avril

• Like 3

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Good morning all, it’s our 33rd wedding anniversary today( I was a child bride 😉) John is working though so we’re having Sunday lunch out tomorrow at a local restaurant- much more our style now to a Saturday night out! Coincidentally it’s the restaurant where I had my hen night 😃.

Many congratulations to you both and have a lovely lunch tomorrow. I assume it will be a little different than your hen night😉

Avril

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

Graham

Thank you, getting used to escaping, unfortunately not happy with peoples idea of distancing and using masks correctly.

Have played 3 games of golf this week, nice to be able to walk in the fresh air

Preston is on the west coast, we are on the east coast in the same situation, first time at our lodge, here this year.

Love it!

Not surprised by the latest pause, Sorry that you are already in the situation, in which I fear we are all heading.

Needs to be done !

Thank you keep safe!

Pleased to hear you are well and had 3 rounds of golf.

My customers are independent convenience stores and most customers are not wearing masks and neither are the owners so I will go back to telesales from home.

Those of us who have adhered to guidance are being penalised because of the actions of some who aren't taking the virus seriously.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Happy 33rd wedding anniversary Sue and John.

Hope you have a lovely day and nice meal tomorrow.

Graham.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Imagine having a dislocated hip and walking around for weeks until the muscles and tendons healed around it.Doesn't bear thinking about.It was a miracle that the lady from Rome walked past and offered to take him.We don't even live on any route that would take her past our house normally.Cheers,bro.

Poor little thing. You always seem to be lucky in rehoming your waifs and strays. There must be flashing sign over you home. Hope you enjoyed your meal out yesterday. The last before you leave?  Well not your actual last meal, but you know what I mean😁

Sis

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your meal out tomorrow

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Poor little thing. You always seem to be lucky in rehoming your waifs and strays. There must be flashing sign over you home. Hope you enjoyed your meal out yesterday. The last before you leave?  Well not your actual last meal, but you know what I mean😁

Sis

LOL,my oh says never again.It's all the tears and stress when you let them go.Probably go for a last Italian pizza on Monday.Cheers,bro.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Congratulations to you both, have a lovely weekend.

• Like 2

Happy Anniversary 

💒 

• Like 2

Happy anniversary.  It will be our 40th in November but our cruise to celebrate has been cancelled.

• Like 1

Aah thanks for the good wishes everyone 😊.

@Adawn47 there was a funny story from my hen night, although rather a tame one! A friend at work decided to wind me up and every time I walked in a room she was whispering and immediately went quiet when I walked in. She knew the last thing I wanted was a stripper. Anyway on the night a stripper gram walked past our table to a different group!! Oh the relief ! My friend couldn’t believe her luck and said my face was a picture when he walked in 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your lunch out tomorrow 😊

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Happy anniversary.  It will be our 40th in November but our cruise to celebrate has been cancelled.

Thank you, it’s so sad isn’t it. We had cruises for our 25th and 30th anniversaries but had them in June and July! The cruise we’ve had cancelled this October was for John’s 60th and I wish we’d booked something for the summer now as we’ve booked for Devon instead and the way things are going I’m worried that will be cancelled too. Ho hum, nothing we can do now...

• Like 1

I'm having a jittery day today, can't settle to anything. Son is going up to London soon to meet a friend for a meal out and then going to a pub to watch the football later. I'd rather he didn't go but keeping my mouth shut, well reasonably shut anyway. I think I'll be following him around the house for the next little while cleaning everything he touches. He is very sensible and has stuck rigidly to the rules but is getting pretty stir crazy not going to London every day.

Also can't get my mind off all the talk of more restrictions being announced next week, we're supposed to be going to Devon for a week in two weeks time with our daughter, son-in-law and baby grandson, I have a feeling that it either won't go ahead or we'll be going on our own, but we'll have to see what is announced. I know there's worse things than a cancelled week away but I think it's the uncertainty of the whole pandemic situation that is making me feel unsettled today.....a rare 'off-day'.

• Like 9

I felt town was a little quieter this morning - we just walk through the wide, pedestrianised main shopping street on the way back from our walk; I wasn’t shopping.  We went out for a quick, single course, supper last night (pup on my lap) as we both have the feeling things may get tighter.  We’re still only using outside tables when we eat/drink.  Hope they don’t vanish but ...

And so, a small but heartfelt rant.  What was all the pain of the hard lockdown March/April all about?  Why did we patiently cope with all the problems then, only to be looking at hard times ahead now?

Enjoy your day everybody, in whatever way is good for you.  Stay safe.  Remember the best way not to get Covid is to behave as if you have it

• Like 5