P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

40 minutes ago, DamianG said:

I'm really sorry to hear you're feeling a bit down, I know how you feel after a tough day yesterday followed by a difficult night's sleep and I've was up earlier than usual as well (6am).

After a great start to our wedding anniversay day it started to turn sour when I was rejected for another job. I took this one harder than usual as I was given false hope during the interview when they actually said to me that I had more experience than other staff they'd recently hired. Then to top that I had to go rescue my usually fit and well father who's become ill and was stranded on the landing floor and unable to get back up to go back to bed. 

Anyway today's a new day for me, back to the job search then out to get some shopping for mum and dad shortly.

I really hope the day picks up for you and look forward to your interesting and cheerful comments when you're feeling more like your usual self.

So sorry to hear that, really hoping that the right job comes along for you very soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Here's a nice bit of pure escapism to cheer people up - on Channel 5, which has changed and improved enormously since being sold by the awful Richard Desmond (see Robert Jenrick) and was voted 2020 Channel of the Year by the Royal Television Society:

All Creatures Great and Small  - beautifully remade.

About three episodes in, well reviewed,  and available on My 5 to catch up. 

Been watching it and agree with you. The only disappointment for me is the new Tristan - not in the same league as Peter Davison IMHO. The others are as good, if not better, than the original cast.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Just to jump on the 'down in the dumps' theme, today is a difficult day for us. 

Not only is it the 7th anniversary of Michelle's dear Mums passing, it is also 6 years to the day that Michelle was diagnosed with Cancer and given 6 months to live.. 

Today we have the hat trick.. 

We will be virtually attending 'Grandad' Georges funeral. He was my sister in laws father and a big part of the girls childhood and our family. 

He was 98, so by the time his children, grandchildren and great grandchildren attend, the 30 soon fills up, but at least we have the technology to pay our respects from afar. 

A long walk along the beach is in order to reflect and be thankful. 

Andy 

Thinking of you and your wife on your difficult day today. Michelle must be a fighter, she sounds like an amazing lady.

My eyes are at risk of leaking again now.

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Been watching it and agree with you. The only disappointment for me is the new Tristan - not in the same league as Peter Davison IMHO. The others are as good, if not better, than the original cast.

Absolutely agree with you on Tristan. The only disappointment in the casting.  Seems to come across as too arrogant, and lacking Davison’s natural charm, but to be fair to the actor, maybe that’s the way he’s been asked to play it.

39 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Not only is it the 7th anniversary of Michelle's dear Mums passing, it is also 6 years to the day that Michelle was diagnosed with Cancer and given 6 months to live.. 

We will be virtually attending 'Grandad' Georges funeral. He was my sister in laws father and a big part of the girls childhood and our family. 

He was 98, so by the time his children, grandchildren and great grandchildren attend, the 30 soon fills up, but at least we have the technology to pay our respects from afar. 

Andy 

A difficult day for you both, Andy.  Hope it goes well for you all, insofar as funerals can, and that you get dry weather for that contemplative walk.

Harry

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I remember numerous interviews when I was made to feel I was in with a good chance which came to nothing.

Over the years I conducted hundreds of interviews. I always tried to ensure that each candidate left the interview feeling that they had given as good an impression of themselves as possible.  Inevitably that made it disappointing for them when a rejection letter was received.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All Creatures great and small is my Wife's all time favorite program, so far she has not watched the remake, she says she will only be disappointed.

Some years ago we were on a cruise round trip to Hawaii from San Diego..

One morning we were having a coffee and a American lady came over to us..

She said to my Wife I just love your accent it reminds me of all creature vert and small.

We explained that we did live in Yorkshire but not actually in the Dales.

51 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Absolutely agree with you on Tristan. The only disappointment in the casting.  Seems to come across as too arrogant, and lacking Davison’s natural charm, but to be fair to the actor, maybe that’s the way he’s been asked to play it.

Not as good looking, either...🙂

30 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

All Creatures great and small is my Wife's all time favorite program, so far she has not watched the remake, she says she will only be disappointed.

She said to my Wife I just love your accent it reminds me of all creature vert and small.

I think she might like it (except for the disappointment of Tristan) - the chap playing Siegfried has just about managed to live up to the Robert Hardy version and the new Helen is (IMHO) an improvement.

How is your grandson getting on?

I too wish everyone an easier time soon.   I send best wishes for birthdays and anniversaries.  In a nutshell best wishes and thoughts to all. xx   This part of the forum has certainly excelled itself hasn't it.   Its a haven.

We doing a second viewing for a bungalow today.  I loved it....but wonder if we are too "senior" for all the kerfuffle of moving! 🤥☺️

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

I think she might like it (except for the disappointment of Tristan) - the chap playing Siegfried has just about managed to live up to the Robert Hardy version and the new Helen is (IMHO) an improvement.

How is your grandson getting on?

I have tried to persuade her to watch it so far without success.

We saw our Grandson in the garden again yesterday,  before the weather changed.

He is making progress but still having quite a lot of pain, it will obviously take some time.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DamianG said:

I'm really sorry to hear you're feeling a bit down, I know how you feel after a tough day yesterday followed by a difficult night's sleep and I've was up earlier than usual as well (6am).

After a great start to our wedding anniversay day it started to turn sour when I was rejected for another job. I took this one harder than usual as I was given false hope during the interview when they actually said to me that I had more experience than other staff they'd recently hired. Then to top that I had to go rescue my usually fit and well father who's become ill and was stranded on the landing floor and unable to get back up to go back to bed. 

Anyway today's a new day for me, back to the job search then out to get some shopping for mum and dad shortly.

I really hope the day picks up for you and look forward to your interesting and cheerful comments when you're feeling more like your usual self.

We never know what the day will bring do we?  I had a good day yesterday and felt fine. Unfortunately the lady that went to bed wasn'l the same one that woke up in the early hours and I can't explain it.

I'm sorry you're anniversary didn't turn out how you'd hoped, and that your dad makes a speedy recovery. Keep a positive outlook in the job search, the one for you is out there.

Avril

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I too wish everyone an easier time soon.   I send best wishes for birthdays and anniversaries.  In a nutshell best wishes and thoughts to all. xx   This part of the forum has certainly excelled itself hasn't it.   Its a haven.

We doing a second viewing for a bungalow today.  I loved it....but wonder if we are too "senior" for all the kerfuffle of moving! 🤥☺️

If you love the bungalow and you are certain it's what you want  I would go for it.

Paulines mam shared our cabin on Ventura for her 90th birthday 8 years ago and lived to 96 so you are never too old.

Good luck.

Graham.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

He is making progress but still having quite a lot of pain, it will obviously take some time.

Sorry to hear he is still in pain and hope he continues to make good progress and the pain goes.

Graham.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

We have lived in a Bungalow for most of our lives, the first home we bought was a Bungalow when we were in our 20s.

Have tried moving to a house but could never settle, we have lived in our present Bungalow with a large garden for almost 40 years.

Go for it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

It's certainly become my haven and has meant I can look and sound cheerful for my family on the odd occasion I feel a bit down. Perhaps this is the week when it all dawned upon us - more stringent rules and winter approaching, with the possibility of another lockdown.

Go for the move - I put my property on the market two days ago, just over a year after my husband died. It, plus the garden, are going to be too big to manage in a few years and I have to be practical. I've never moved on my own before without someone to bat ideas around with and it's a tad terrifying, but I'm trying to grit my teeth and get on with it before a decision is forced upon me.

Good luck!

• Like 9

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

I'm keep re-reading your post Andy and I'm lost for words. Just know that I will be thinking about you both today. x

Avril

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

It must be only just over a week since he had major surgery, so it will take a while for the poor boy to feel better, plus the Crohn's won't have magically gone away, so he has that to contend with as well. Poor lad, but he's very lucky to have you as a grandad.🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm keep re-reading your post Andy and I'm lost for words. Just know that I will be thinking about you both today. x

Avril

Same here. 

Is it national watery-eye day today, or is there some late pollen floating around? Sniff.😪

• Like 5

5 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, raining in Kent today but it’s my day off and hubby is off too so I’ve booked a slot for Scotney Castle for 11am when hopefully it should be dry.

No sun expected here Avril, but I hope your mood is improving, I can imagine there’s a lot of people feeling down today after yesterday’s announcements. 
I’m ok with what’s been announced so far but hoping against hope the no mixing of households doesn’t happen too soon as that will devastate me.

Here in Manchester we’ve not been able to meet anyone in our houses or gardens from any other household since end of July and it is now getting very wearing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bloodaxe said:

Tellb yor wife to give the new series a try, I was a big fan of the old series and had doubts about whether to watch the new version because I was worried about being disappointed but I am loving the new series other than Tristran.

• Like 2