P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Yeah that wasn’t for me. 
30 mins of my life I’ll never get back. 

I was watching it for a tour of the ship really as naming and the bottle thing etc doesn’t really interest me but I wanted to see inside. 

suppose gotta wait another 12 weeks for someone to go on her. 

• Like 3

Just now, AndyMichelle said:

It's got me right in the mood for cruising again. 

Anyone know if the buffet is open.. 😊

Andy 

Me too, could be tempted by a seacation if they extend into October!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vampiress88 said:

Yeah that wasn’t for me. 
30 mins of my life I’ll never get back. 

I was watching it for a tour of the ship really as naming and the bottle thing etc doesn’t really interest me but I wanted to see inside. 

suppose gotta wait another 12 weeks for someone to go on her. 

It was fine, only 30 minutes! Would have liked to see inside though

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

It was nice to look at the count and see over 18,000 people had joined - was expecting a bit more but not a lot they can do really. I bet they were glad it was a short ceremony as it looked perishing cold

It was exclusive don’t forget 😉 Even though I saw people on Facebook posting links 😡

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

It was nice to look at the count and see over 18,000 people had joined - was expecting a bit more but not a lot they can do really. I bet they were glad it was a short ceremony as it looked perishing cold

I meant the light show really, but agree with what you say.  I thought something may have been from the ship.

• Like 1

I was disappointed, I would have preferred a daytime launch or as they chose an evening launch there should have been fireworks.  Perhaps I was spoiled by the Britannia launch, we were invited down to Southampton to watch it.  We went on board for a guided tour of the ship before having a lovely lunch on board and we were given a little goodie bag each which I have kept with the lunch menu as a souvenir.  

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Josy1953 said:

I was disappointed, I would have preferred a daytime launch or as they chose an evening launch there should have been fireworks.  Perhaps I was spoiled by the Britannia launch, we were invited down to Southampton to watch it.  We went on board for a guided tour of the ship before having a lovely lunch on board and we were given a little goodie bag each which I have kept with the lunch menu as a souvenir.  

That must have been brilliant!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

It was nicely done, but I was hoping  to see what the ship looks like inside 

There seems to be a lot more released on YouTube about Iona now been watching stuff before the naming ceremony and one video showed Iona inside and I must admit I love the atrium and marble stairs but I’m not liking the soft furnishings and chairs looks a bit 60 style sometimes and uncomfortable of what I saw .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tring said:

I meant the light show really, but agree with what you say.  I thought something may have been from the ship.

I think the light show must have been round Gary.

They might have fireworks etc for the maiden?

• Like 4

Just whetted our appetite for our 7th August cruise.  We were on the original first sailing (which wasn't the official maiden), but now can't wait to be onboard.    We were promised Tony Hadley, Gabrielle and Jason Donovan the first time but hopefully this time Gary might be tempted to join us .....

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Me too, could be tempted by a seacation if they extend into October!

Perhaps ' proper ' cruises by then. Christmas and New year to the Canaries looks good.

3 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

That must have been brilliant!

It was, a once in a lifetime experience I think.

We also did the maiden voyage on Britannia and have the commemorative Wedgwood cups and saucers stored in the loft which we found hilarious because David is a Wedgwood pensioner so we have Wedgwood china as our everyday crockery.

• Like 3

I must admit I found it a bit underwhelming. I also though we may get to see a bit of the interior which seems to be a closely guarded secret. The official stream I watched indicated just over 11,200 people viewing, which doesn’t seem very many. Looking forward to setting foot on her at the end of November though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I must admit I found it a bit underwhelming. I also though we may get to see a bit of the interior which seems to be a closely guarded secret. The official stream I watched indicated just over 11,200 people viewing, which doesn’t seem very many. Looking forward to setting foot on her at the end of November though. 

Perhaps she isn't actually finished yet and they haven't told 😉

On Youtube it came up with 18,200 watching for us

21 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

There seems to be a lot more released on YouTube about Iona now been watching stuff before the naming ceremony and one video showed Iona inside and I must admit I love the atrium and marble stairs but I’m not liking the soft furnishings and chairs looks a bit 60 style sometimes and uncomfortable of what I saw .

I can’t find anything on YouTube 😔

There has been an inside tour of Iona on Youtube for a few weeks.  The colours did look a little bland, but may look great 'in the flesh' so to speak.  The music accompanying the inside tour was rather like a dirge.  It didn't inspire me.

Looking forward to finding out in September... can't wait!!!

1 minute ago, indiana123 said:

There has been an inside tour of Iona on Youtube for a few weeks.  The colours did look a little bland, but may look great 'in the flesh' so to speak.  The music accompanying the inside tour was rather like a dirge.  It didn't inspire me.

Do you know what YouTube account we can look up to see the inside tour?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, indiana123 said:

All the tours I have seen on YouTube or elsewhere have only been the computer renders, not actual on board footage.  Have you got a link to an onboard one?

6 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

only one I’ve seen is a few seconds of the sky deck and the atrium. 

2 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I was disappointed, possibly because of all the hype ? Cider not Champagne! When is a ship christened/named with cider?

At least the bottle broke and that is supposed to be a good sign.

I always wonder what would happen if the bottle doesn't break ! Cringe

26 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I was disappointed, possibly because of all the hype ? Cider not Champagne! When is a ship christened/named with cider?

But how much did Carnival get for advertising it?  Quite a nice little advert included before the official naming.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1