P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Well done John  - must admit I could remember the song and tune, but had to look up the group.

They were session singers put together by Tony Macauley and Barry Mason, the writers and producers of the song, the lead singer was a guy called Tony Burrows.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Avril, that's awful!  I suppose Cleethorpes is a bit far for a day out? Wowzz and I know a great place......😁

It's not that bad of a run Harry, for us the average time is 1 hour ten minutes so very handy for a day at the coast .

When we had the Caravan there a mate of mine lived in Cudworth Barnsley and if his Mrs had gone to their van with

the kids during the holidays ,taking the family's car , he would ask could I drop by and pick him up from his house.

The travel time from Cudworth to the coast was  only around the hour and half mark from his doorstep to the van .

The best travel time was a couple who bought a van .They lived down the back of Freshney place market in Grimsby ,they would lock up their house and spend weeks at the van .They said it felt a million miles away from home even though they were only 15 minutes away .

Edited by kalos
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

My OH parboils them, then sprinkled with olive oil and oregano and baked in oven.Courgette and aubergine chips cooked in the oven are lovely also.

Oh hello again. I wondered where you'd disappeared to 😊, I was a little concerned. The courgette and aubergine chips sound lovely, I'm going to give them a try. I have a large rosemary bush growing in the garden so I'm going to give your version of chips a try too.

Sis 

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Edison Lighthouse, one of many one hit wonders.

I saw them live in some villiage hall near Shrewsbury in about 1971. Can't remember much ( 1968-1972 being a bit fuzzy).🤔

Edited by zap99
Spellchecl
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Cruiserjules said:

We have just come back from a last-minute three night caravan break in Paignton.

We've done very little except walk, read, sleep and eat!   Excellent precautions on the fairly large site, felt very safe and we spent the afternoon yesterday sitting out on the balcony of the restaurant, with one of the Carnival ships on the horizon, eating scampi and chips from a box,  washed down with a draught beer.  Saturday morning was the first morning I've woken up since lockdown, without my first thought being about the virus.

Didn't want to come home.

My friend has just come back from a week in Paignton in a self catering apartment with a balcony. Looked lovely and I’m quite envious as my week away is booked for October. I know I’m going to worry about local lockdowns and the weather! We’ve got a sea view from our cottage though.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Oh hello again. I wondered where you'd disappeared to 😊, I was a little concerned. The courgette and aubergine chips sound lovely, I'm going to give them a try. I have a large rosemary bush growing in the garden so I'm going to give your version of chips a try too.

Sis 

Hi,just chilling out watching in mostly.We brought a load of Atora over with us veg and non veg and the fat and calorie content are the same,pretty high.Tonight my OH  is doing baked dumplings with olive oil replacing the suet.Chicken and gammon joint to accompany.Remember that banana cake,she used olive oil in that instead of butter I think.We've got a bumper harvest of cherry toms now so have been reciprocating our neighbours generosity.When our friends sold their house last week they gave us loads of household items and what we didn't want we left outside our gate.I think a lady behind us took them cos next day her daughter came round with a bag full of fresh eggs from her chooks,brilliant eh.Cheers,will stay in touch more,lol,Bro.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

I do know that "love grows where my Rosemary goes".

10 points to the first one to name the group - no Google! 

One of the first singles I ever bought! I'm humming the tune now

Must admit feeling a bit down about everything now, I don’t like not knowing things! I like to plan! Mostly I’m missing my grandson who my daughter in law to be has suggested won’t be coming to me until social distancing is gone completely and that seems ages away 😞 I asked them over this Sunday but they have plans - they did say they’d pop in on their way home.

I’ve arranged for a friend to come round and have a coffee in my garden Thursday so that should cheer me up.

3 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Must admit feeling a bit down about everything now, I don’t like not knowing things! I like to plan! Mostly I’m missing my grandson who my daughter in law to be has suggested won’t be coming to me until social distancing is gone completely and that seems ages away 😞 I asked them over this Sunday but they have plans - they did say they’d pop in on their way home.

I’ve arranged for a friend to come round and have a coffee in my garden Thursday so that should cheer me up.

My OH is 65 on the 9th Aug and her daughter,hubby and 2 kids are flying over to see us 2 days later.Her son wanted to come over a week earlier with the 9 month granddaughter but his Mrs wouldn't have it .I guess some people are more paranoid than others.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Bazrat said:

Try using an air fryer makes brilliant chips which just a spray of oil

Trouble is you cannot do deep fried haddock in my special home made batter in an air fryer so its an electric deep fat fryer for me.

My friend has just come back from a week in Paignton in a self catering apartment with a balcony. Looked lovely and I’m quite envious as my week away is booked for October. I know I’m going to worry about local lockdowns and the weather! We’ve got a sea view from our cottage though.

As long as we aren’t stopped by local lockdowns we have a week in North Devon in October, sea view from the apartment. We’re planning on wrapping up warm if necessary and taking long walks on the beach and coastal path, I am so looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hi,just chilling out watching in mostly.We brought a load of Atora over with us veg and non veg and the fat and calorie content are the same,pretty high.Tonight my OH  is doing baked dumplings with olive oil replacing the suet.Chicken and gammon joint to accompany.Remember that banana cake,she used olive oil in that instead of butter I think.We've got a bumper harvest of cherry toms now so have been reciprocating our neighbours generosity.When our friends sold their house last week they gave us loads of household items and what we didn't want we left outside our gate.I think a lady behind us took them cos next day her daughter came round with a bag full of fresh eggs from her chooks,brilliant eh.Cheers,will stay in touch more,lol,Bro.

Glad to hear you're both ok. Sounds like a good life over there. I'm envious, I wouldn't want to come back here, ever. It used to be like that here years ago when I was young and lived in Staines. Good neighbours who looked out for each other. I'm afraid my tomatoes aren't ready for picking yet, but won't be long now. Then I'll be freezing loads of homemade pasta sauces with all the excess. Look after yourself. 

Sis

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Glad to hear you're both ok. Sounds like a good life over there. I'm envious, I wouldn't want to come back here, ever. It used to be like that here years ago when I was young and lived in Staines. Good neighbours who looked out for each other. I'm afraid my tomatoes aren't ready for picking yet, but won't be long now. Then I'll be freezing loads of homemade pasta sauces with all the excess. Look after yourself. 

Sis

We're flying back for 4 weeks at the end of Sept for a MSC cruise from Barcelona.We've rescheduled that till next Oct.Hiring a car now for 4 weeks for 600quid and seeing all the family.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Trouble is you cannot do deep fried haddock in my special home made batter in an air fryer so its an electric deep fat fryer for me.

Actually if you chill the batter dip the fish in it than pop it into the air fryer easy done.

no idea what will happen but prepared for you to chance it 🤪

11 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

No wonder you had to scarper to Italy Brian... 

You would get lynched for even mentioning Oregano on chips in Hornchurch... Salt & vinegar, full stop.. 

What has Japanese paper folding got to do with chips anyway? 😊

Andy 

Sorry mate,GOYI.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Sue that's awful. Why can't she make a family bubble.

We have one now so life feels rather normal. Had our youngest grandchild to the park today.

35 minutes ago, happy v said:

Sue that's awful. Why can't she make a family bubble.

We have one now so life feels rather normal. Had our youngest grandchild to the park today.

You can only have a bubble if there’s one adult on their own. We have seen them in our garden and went for a family picnic on our son’s birthday. We were going for a picnic on daughter in law to be’s birthday last  week but it rained hard so it got cancelled. She has a big family with lots of sisters so I feel we can’t monopolise them every Sunday! Our son works Saturdays. 
It was just lovely knowing I had him for several hours at least one day a week and now I’m lucky to see him for an hour once a fortnight 😔

7 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

You can only have a bubble if there’s one adult on their own. We have seen them in our garden and went for a family picnic on our son’s birthday. We were going for a picnic on daughter in law to be’s birthday last  week but it rained hard so it got cancelled. She has a big family with lots of sisters so I feel we can’t monopolise them every Sunday! Our son works Saturdays. 
It was just lovely knowing I had him for several hours at least one day a week and now I’m lucky to see him for an hour once a fortnight 😔

That's so sad, because they grow up so quickly.

16 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I know we are meant to obey the rules,  but things have now got to the stage that all this bubble nonsense has got out of hand. Go to a pub, sit at one table, and all your family members, friends etc, can sit at tables either side of you. 

My Mum is now happy as Larry  - she's off to the M&S cafe  everyday to meet up with her friends.  Is it right,  I dont know,  but I'm not going to argue with a bunch of 90 year olds! 

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1