P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

I don’t agree with this. 
website states below 

Face – Whilst we highly recommend that guests wear masks on board, they are only required in the theatre, cinema, or if you visit the medical centre. Your mask must cover your nose and mouth and be of a good quality (ideally medical grade). Re-usable masks should be washed regularly, and visors and face shields aren’t accepted as a substitute for a face mask.

Off the ship, masks are required during embarkation, disembarkation and when using tender boats. Some destinations may also require you to wear masks when ashore and we recommend taking one with you whenever you disembark the ship.”

Our protocols are subject to change, and may do so on your cruise, as we continue to work with our experts and with government bodies across all the destinations we visit to ensure all of our practices evolve in line with latest advice.  You’ll find the latest information on these pages, and if you’ve booked we’ll let you know of any changes before your cruise.

now I get things change and I’m all for sticking to the rules but if I get a letter in my cabin I will not be happy. I specifically waited till this was on the website to book. I didn’t want to go if masks were still in place as to be honest I just don’t get how I can sit eating very close to people without a mask but can’t walk past people without one. 
they have stated that if their policy changes they will tell me- and that’s fine if they tell me on the boat but if they are still not updating their website to this effect then I actually feel like I’ve been mis sold. 

It cannot be one rule on the website for sales and another on board. 

So if there are lots of positive cases on board you would be prefer that you and your family wander around the ship breathing in virus particles ?

How have you been mis-sold ?

Did P&O say anywhere that they guaranteed that you would not need to wear masks ?

Regardless of where you go at the moment things are likely to change at any time in response to changing levels of covid.  Sharon does say that she believes that the letter was probably due to the high number of cases in the previous cruise.  

It is near impossible to stop the spread of the virus in confined area such as a ship but masks do help to reduce spread of the virus.

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

So if there are lots of positive cases on board you would be prefer that you and your family wander around the ship breathing in virus particles ?

How have you been mis-sold ?

Did P&O say anywhere that they guaranteed that you would not need to wear masks ?

Regardless of where you go at the moment things are likely to change at any time in response to changing levels of covid.  Sharon does say that she believes that the letter was probably due to the high number of cases in the previous cruise.  

It is near impossible to stop the spread of the virus in confined area such as a ship but masks do help to reduce spread of the virus.

How is it safe for me to sit in a packed bar spending money drinking and be safe from covid but it’s not ok to walk between venues. I see those as the same risk. 
mis sold in the way that I have bought the cruise based on the information. 
I’ve already said I’m happy to follow rules and understand things change. But if it changes then they should make us aware before travelling. Not when we are on the ship. They should also update their website. These are things they are setting out themselves yet they don’t follow their own website. 

3 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Our protocols are subject to change, and may do so on your cruise,

I have taken part of what you posted (copy &pasted ) So to be fair they did forewarn you .

Cross that bridge when you get to it , no good stressing , your cruise will soon be here .

Enjoy it :classic_smile:

• Like 6

3 hours ago, mickey1959 said:

Great start to our Easter. Came home from work and both tested positive!!

Good job we didn't have plans.

If it helps Mr Presto and I tested positive 2 weeks ago and though it has been like a very long drawn out heavy cold type flu we have both been ok. Very tired still but it could have been far worse. Know many others who have had symptoms like a heavy cold or mild flu . Take care and hope you are ok 👍 

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, kalos said:

I have taken part of what you posted (copy &pasted ) So to be fair they did forewarn you .

Cross that bridge when you get to it , no good stressing , your cruise will soon be here .

Enjoy it :classic_smile:

yes they do but they also say they will update the website and forewarn us especially if ours isn’t the first that they are doing this on. 
not going to stress. If it happens it will and I will take it up then. 
just annoys me greatly that they like to make it a clear as mud saying one thing and doing another. 

29 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

If it helps Mr Presto and I tested positive 2 weeks ago and though it has been like a very long drawn out heavy cold type flu we have both been ok. Very tired still but it could have been far worse. Know many others who have had symptoms like a heavy cold or mild flu . Take care and hope you are ok 👍 

We both got it. About 10 days from positive test, back to negative. For both of us it was like a mild/medium cold. Annoying, but no difference to previous colds. Best not to get it, but not bad enough to worry too much about catching it again. Hope all currently catching it only get those type of symptoms.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We both got it. About 10 days from positive test, back to negative. For both of us it was like a mild/medium cold. Annoying, but no difference to previous colds. Best not to get it, but not bad enough to worry too much about catching it again. Hope all currently catching it only get those type of symptoms.

Have to say took us about 13 days negative but think it took more out of is than we realised.  OK  but more like post flu tiredness. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Have to say took us about 13 days negative but think it took more out of is than we realised.  OK  but more like post flu tiredness. 

We have noticed that lots of folk have coughs, both here and at the hotel in Lanzarote. It makes you wonder how many of those have had, or still have it. No more holidays booked until the end of May. I am sure it is serious for some, but..........

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We have noticed that lots of folk have coughs, both here and at the hotel in Lanzarote. It makes you wonder how many of those have had, or still have it. No more holidays booked until the end of May. I am sure it is serious for some, but..........

Who knows any more? Glad to be in our static caravan tonight. We have always felt safe here since July 2020 and it has been the best decision we have made in terms of holidays and breaks . 

• Like 9

Had a lovely day with 5 of my grandchildren, starting with brunch, homemade waffles and toppings, then onto play indoors golf 18 holes ( I won ) didn’t mean too but a hole in one helped, then on to the amusement park to waste some money on Bournemouth pier then onto dinner and then a walk through the Bournemouth gardens for a ice cream before taking them all home, absolutely shattered now but made a date for next week to take them to the pictures with the other 2 grandchildren that missed out today .

I hope all that are feeling poorly now a quick recovery and soon back on their feet .

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Who knows any more? Glad to be in our static caravan tonight. We have always felt safe here since July 2020 and it has been the best decision we have made in terms of holidays and breaks . 

I couldn’t agree more with you and feel privileged that we have been able to have access to a place by the sea whenever we want. 

• Like 1

Just now, pete14 said:

I couldn’t agree more with you and feel privileged that we have been able to have access to a place by the sea whenever we want. 

And made new friends .... even though they like herons  ..... 😀

• Like 2

Mrs W and I gave both tested positive.  

Felt a bit under the weather the last couple of days of our cruise, so kept ourselves to ourselves.

I had a sore throat for 48 hours, but no other symptoms,  other than being a bit lack lustre.

Mrs W had a chesty cough,  which has now gone, but her taste buds have gone awol. 

Overall, we've had worse colds, but accept that we have been fortunate.  

My feeling is  that however many tests are carried out prior to embarkation,  Covid will always be present on board. Mask wearing makes no real difference, and isolating people in cabins is shutting the stable door long after the horse has bolted. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Zap - meant to ask - did you finally fly from LGW or LHR ?

Excellent evening out, great meal at Cote Brasserie and then we very much enjoyed Cluedo stage play at the theatre, we opted to wear our masks throughout the performance although many were not. 

Good to be out at theatre again we have missed going, next visit in June for The Da Vinci Code. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

How is it safe for me to sit in a packed bar spending money drinking and be safe from covid but it’s not ok to walk between venues. I see those as the same risk. 
mis sold in the way that I have bought the cruise based on the information. 
I’ve already said I’m happy to follow rules and understand things change. But if it changes then they should make us aware before travelling. Not when we are on the ship. They should also update their website. These are things they are setting out themselves yet they don’t follow their own website. 

Will be good to hear of others experience over the coming weeks as I'm the same as you - we almost cancelled our cruise for July on Ventura even with the rules as stated on the website so any tightening of those rules would be a blow for us. 

I think what would be mis-selling if they say one thing on the website but as soon as you get on board it's a  different rule - if its happening all the time. You can understand it if things change half-way through a cruise or a one-off situation. What you don't want is if the sales pitch isn't matching the reality cruise after cruise.

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

Felt a bit under the weather the last couple of days of our cruise, so kept ourselves to ourselves.

I had a sore throat for 48 hours, but no other symptoms,  other than being a bit lack lustre.

Mrs W had a chesty cough,  which has now gone, but her taste buds have gone awol. 

My feeling is  that however many tests are carried out prior to embarkation,  Covid will always be present on board. Mask wearing makes no real difference, and isolating people in cabins is shutting the stable door long after the horse has bolted. 

So sorry wowzz you both have got the virus, hopefully you both don’t feel to unwell for to long and back on the road to recovery.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JDB78 said:

Will be good to hear of others experience over the coming weeks as I'm the same as you - we almost cancelled our cruise for July on Ventura even with the rules as stated on the website so any tightening of those rules would be a blow for us. 

I think what would be mis-selling if they say one thing on the website but as soon as you get on board it's a  different rule - if its happening all the time. You can understand it if things change half-way through a cruise or a one-off situation. What you don't want is if the sales pitch isn't matching the reality cruise after cruise.

yes that’s exactly what I meant by mis selling. That they cannot keep telling people on board to wear the masks while walking every cruise but not reflecting this on the website. 

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

I agree with you wowzz. Hope you and mrs feel better soon. Never nice to feel poorly. Especially when it’s both of you. 

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Sorry to hear that you both tested positive Wowzz.

I hope you are both well again quickly.

Graham.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Had a lovely day with 5 of my grandchildren, starting with brunch, homemade waffles and toppings, then onto play indoors golf 18 holes ( I won ) didn’t mean too but a hole in one helped, then on to the amusement park to waste some money on Bournemouth pier then onto dinner and then a walk through the Bournemouth gardens for a ice cream before taking them all home, absolutely shattered now but made a date for next week to take them to the pictures with the other 2 grandchildren that missed out today .

I hope all that are feeling poorly now a quick recovery and soon back on their feet .

Sounds like a perfect day

Michelle

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Sorry to hear this. Hope you are both not too ill and make a quick recovery 

Michelle

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Sorry to hear that you are both ill, I hope that you are both soon feeling better.

• Like 2