P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Spot of hunting and grouse shooting for me today - pleased to see these are both exempted from the Rule of Six. 

1 hour ago, AnnieC said:

I (genuinely) have a family of grouse living in my back garden, plus many pheasant visitors. Can I invite 30 people round, 

You could invite Harry round to yours and with your other 30 guests armed with a loaded shot guns and go down town for a hour for a drink in a pub but take a brace of grouse with you to be on the safe side .

If possible take a fox as well.I think any passing police patrols should be happy with that .

Once back home ,keep the noise down as you would not want your neighbours "shopping " you for holding a rave .

We just have to be sensible about this, don't we ? :classic_unsure::classic_wink:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

Yes back to books. I have heard today that the Roy Grace series I mentioned earlier by Peter James has started filming today for his crime series for ITV starting with his first two books Dead Simple and Looking Good Dead. Can't wait!!

That sounds like something we would enjoy. I hope they keep faithfully to the book though, I've been disappointed before when a book has been adapted to the screen. Totally unlike the original. 

Typing this reply has made me realise that there has been one TV series that stayed to the book. Agatha Christie's Poirot with David Suchet. His portrayal of Poirot was exactly as written, even down to his walk. A great character actor.

Avril

• Like 2

Just got back from my 5 yearly check up at the surgery. The good news is that I've got the body of a healthy 90 year old, which is a bit worrying as I'll only reach 68 on Saturday!

As an aside, does anyone ever answer the questions about their alcohol intake honestly?

Edited by wowzz

BREAKING NEWS ...

Police enforce their new powers as they try to break up a 

gang of seven in Barnsley town centre today ...:classic_unsure: :classic_ohmy:

1689620786_group6.jpg.1c8f4cee1baa716ed03becd6dd789bf3.jpg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ann141 said:

I enjoy reading but like you, I prefer to people watch when on the beach or lying on a sunbed.I am easily distracted so tend to read in our cabin or somewhere quiet.

I hope you are continuing to improve after your operation

Thank you Ann ,I am recovering very well after the op I have been eating normal solid foods now for a week and not having any pain what’s so ever for the first time in years !!

I did lose 10lb in weight after the operation but I think it’s starting to go back on 😤

• Like 7

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Just got back from my 5 yearly check up at the surgery. The good news is that I've got the body of a healthy 90 year old, which is a bit worrying as I'll only reach 68 on Saturday!

As an aside, does anyone ever answer the questions about their alcohol intake honestly?

Of course I do😇.

And back in the real world I think most people probably underestimate rather than being deliberately dishonest. I also think most GPS are probably aware of that fact.

12 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Lunch on the beach yraterday.Courgette and prawn pasta with flower thrown in.Hot but most of the Italians went home at the end of August.20200911_111733.thumb.jpg.38028680f45460ebac1cd9cf02d1dd86.jpgIMG-20200911-WA0001.thumb.jpg.fa89635d936ff9af2856bf7b2e168cfa.jpg

Can I say that I am consumed with jealousy. I have forgotten what the sun looks like and haven’t had my annual fix of good Italian food.

Never mind months of rain, frost, ice and snow to look forward to.☹️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

my alcohol consumption since March. I can London Pride, 6 bottles London Pride, 1 G&T 😇

Bit worried about the 30 thousand gallons of tea though 😱

Edited by davecttr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Alcohol intake?  Sure. 

I went with some work colleagues to a health check facility a few years back and we were asked about that.  One of our number quite honestly said he drank no more than 21 units, which was fine at the time.  Reassuring response from the nurse that it was a perfectly acceptable amount for an average week.

You can guess the response: "A week? I meant every day."  And he was serious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

Yes. I honestly do😇 

Avril

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Of course I do😇.

And back in the real world I think most people probably underestimate rather than being deliberately dishonest. I also think most GPS are probably aware of that fact.

Then why ask the question if they know they won't get an honest answer, what's the point?

Avril

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

That sounds like something we would enjoy. I hope they keep faithfully to the book though, I've been disappointed before when a book has been adapted to the screen. Totally unlike the original. 

Typing this reply has made me realise that there has been one TV series that stayed to the book. Agatha Christie's Poirot with David Suchet. His portrayal of Poirot was exactly as written, even down to his walk. A great character actor.

Avril

I had lunch once with a local to Brighton Businessman who was mentioned in one of the books. He said Peter James questioned him in minute detail to ensure authenticity. Good stories as as I now know very accurate.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Yes. I honestly do😇 

Avril

Me too. I normally don't have anything, but a few glasses on holiday. When the Doc hears my answer his doesn't really believe me. What's the point of telling fibs. Spellcheck is getting a bit spooky. It wanted to change anything to " an urge". Lucky I spotted that as it would have change the meaning of the post a bit.😆

Edited by zap99
Spellcheck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Our new passports arrived this afternoon. I think they're rather nice. I've read several reports saying that they're flimsy with poor quality paper and printing etc. I don't find them so. It's the first passport photo I've had where I don't look like the Bride of Frankenstein.   Doesn't look like me at all🤣

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Our new passports arrived this afternoon. I think they're rather nice. I've read several reports saying that they're flimsy with poor quality paper and printing etc. I don't find them so. It's the first passport photo I've had where I don't look like the Bride of Frankenstein.   Doesn't look like me at all🤣

Avril

Well if it doesn't look like you and hopefully nothing like me ...We could share it :classic_unsure::classic_wink:

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Why do everyone's passport photos make them look like they've  just returned from the taxidermist? 😳

Avril

I still have the ones I had taken back in 1967 for my first ever passport, which are reasonably passable. Everything subsequent to that has been an utter disaster.😮

Do you think anyone would notice if I used them?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Then why ask the question if they know they won't get an honest answer, what's the point?

Avril

According to a GP friend, they multiply by 4 (or more, should the evidence require it). I now say I have a small shandy once a year.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Totally agree he was spot on!