P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

32 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Went through Llanddulas today after visiting my parents in Abergele on our way to Conwy  after driving past Gwrych Castle and seeing the cranes up which are in the process of building the presentation area for Ant & Dec for I’m a Celebrity. Apparently the farm animals have been moved as that area is to be used for vans and trailers for the show. 

You went past us then .... had a beautiful day here. Had a walk along Colwyn Bay and Rhos front. The waves were smashing up ... just stunning. Now chilling with a glass or 2 looking out on to Kinmel Bay from the caravan. Hope all is well with your parents. Will try to post a photo of the view.

20200919_125431.jpg

20200919_111458.jpg

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Went through Llanddulas today after visiting my parents in Abergele on our way to Conwy  after driving past Gwrych Castle and seeing the cranes up which are in the process of building the presentation area for Ant & Dec for I’m a Celebrity. Apparently the farm animals have been moved as that area is to be used for vans and trailers for the show. 

Glass in hand and Rhyl over there looks lovely tonight 😊 

20200919_164402.jpg

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

So we’re not on a cruise ship, but at least we have a sea view immediately behind the caravan. 

2024F735-00EC-4463-B311-78D9EFA8D470.jpeg

64AF6A4B-D86A-47A8-8EA5-F23504CCE262.jpeg

CE90B178-806D-4592-9491-A9279FF892E2.jpeg

D38BE307-98E6-4DD4-BA1B-B092E2518B61.jpeg

4B4FA241-ED8A-40BE-80A2-4F7E2CFF8527.jpeg

Is that a caravan or a lodge it is beautiful and looks huge. I can see us in the distance... far right rows of white things on the edge of the sea and hill. That's us. Am waving to you . if I knew how to do it would put a ring around our caravan.....

Edited by Presto2

16 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Is that a caravan or a lodge it is beautiful and looks huge. I can see us in the distance... far right rows of white things on the edge of the sea and hill. That's us. Am waving to you . if I knew how to do it would put a ring around our caravan.....

It does say on the side that it is a ‘Platinum Lodge’

• Like 1

My son is a thoughtful lad and has just sent me a photo of the bar where he's watching the football, it's almost empty, everyone is spaced out very well, I can relax now! 

He said where he is in London, near Kings Cross, is a little busier than he was expecting but no where near normal levels of busyness.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

My son is a thoughtful lad and has just sent me a photo of the bar where he's watching the football, it's almost empty, everyone is spaced out very well, I can relax now! 

He said where he is in London, near Kings Cross, is a little busier than he was expecting but no where near normal levels of busyness.

What a lovely son you have.

Just to cheer you up, may I say you look FAR too young to have a son old enough to go into bars.😊

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

What a lovely son you have.

Just to cheer you up, may I say you look FAR too young to have a son old enough to go into bars.😊

That's very kind of you, thank you ☺️ Sadly I am definitely old enough, I'm 52 and my children are all in their 20's. The photo was taken last year so not totally up-to-date.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

My Mum in my day would have gone mad if someone had told her  I was" well spaced out":classic_wacko:

Thankfully in these covid times it means your lad is doing the right thing .:classic_smile:

Glad to hear your relaxing again :classic_wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

That's very kind of you, thank you ☺️ Sadly I am definitely old enough, I'm 52 and my children are all in their 20's. The photo was taken last year so not totally up-to-date.

Well, you certainly look incredible for your age (and v. lovely, of course). I need some tips!😉

• Like 1

We’re looking forward to our caravan week in October too.  Not quite Eastern Med, as it should have been (Jean was booked on that one too, I think) but the change of scene will be a treat.

Cruise to Caravan - there seems to be a lot of it about!  We’re still vaguely thinking of buying our own van but ... no rush 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kalos said:

My Mum in my day would have gone mad if someone had told her  I was" well spaced out":classic_wacko:

Thankfully in these covid times it means your lad is doing the right thing .:classic_smile:

Glad to hear your relaxing again :classic_wink:

Yes, I could have worded that differently 😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

October 10th for ours, so we should have reasonable protection through to the end of February.

September 29th for me.

I had a Pneumonia jab a couple of weeks ago when I had a diabetes blood test which was requested by the cardiac team.

Fortunately my blood test was normal.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

That was nice of him to put your mind at ease.

I hope his team won, I'm happy because Sunderland won today.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Yes, we're due to go 3rd-10th Oct. We rent an apartment at Westward Ho! not the prettiest village but we love the beach there and the coastal walks. There is only a promenade between the apartment balcony and the sea, beautiful views of the beach, sea and Lundy Island.

Thank you to everyone for your kind replies, much appreciated!

My daughter has been here this morning with the baby which bucked me up, plus I've been browsing handbags online, always helps! ☺️ She says if there's another lockdown they're moving in but her husband works night shifts so I can't see that working, I THINK she was joking.

3rd- 10th is when we are due to go too 😁 Last time I was in North Devon we had a few hours in Westward Ho! and I think I know the apartments you mean, I said to John they looked like a good place to stay! We are hopefully staying in Lynton.

Edited by P&O SUE

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

We’re looking forward to our caravan week in October too.  Not quite Eastern Med, as it should have been (Jean was booked on that one too, I think) but the change of scene will be a treat.

Cruise to Caravan - there seems to be a lot of it about!  We’re still vaguely thinking of buying our own van but ... no rush 

We have been saying that for years and have  to say with we had done it years ago

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

We have moved our trip to late October because dog has injured himself.  Can't wait to see it all.

Hope your dog is well on the mend now Jean and glad you may well be getting away.  If my trip is cancelled I don’t think it will be possible to re -arrange work- wise.