P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Just now, AndyMichelle said:

We are going to try to pop to Southwold on Thursday. 

We go up to Norfolk to visit my brothers grave and travel back down the coast. 

I will look out for Jabba... 

Andy 

Walton-on-the-Naze to Southwold.  Talk about contrasts! 

Visiting the pier?  Aldeburgh has the best fish and chips though.........🐡

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

We are going to try to pop to Southwold on Thursday. 

We go up to Norfolk to visit my brothers grave and travel back down the coast. 

I will look out for Jabba... 

Andy 

Andy

We have been to Gorleston, Lowerstoft and Southwold this week all very busy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

I tended to prefer the ones with cash prizes!. 

My favourite though, was the horse racing game, where you and the other competitors rolled balls up a slope and they fell into various holes,  and depending on the value of the hole, your "horse"  would surge ahead.

Simple pleasures!

Me too. Especially when they, very occasionally, kept paying out pennies.

I remember the horseracing game on Clacton Pier, and the Clowns you fed with ping pong balls.  Was there one at Walton too?

Best, though, was the dodgems - cheaper at Walton, like most of the rides.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Andy.. we love pie and mash, and a local pub delivered during lockdown, but why do "experts" turn the pies upside down. Don't understand!!  I always ask His Lordship but I never get a straight answer🙃

Michelle asked the same question today as I immediately spun them upside down... Not really sure why though. 

Andy 

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

So much news again to catch up on and I only missed a day! 
Beautiful sunny day here too in sunny Kent. After I finished work at 1pm John and I went for a walk at a local park (Capstone for the locals!) It was really lovely. Making the most of it as the weather is turning tomorrow...

BB505073-5168-4245-A5B2-B123A088BD50.jpeg

I recognise those steps 🙂

Looks like our trips to Devon can still go ahead.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DamianG said:

Our 19th wedding anniversary today & the weather is just as good as it was on this day back in 2001. We usually have a meal out but we're still keeping ourselves to ourselves for the most part and money is tight anyway so it's a McDonalds drive through breakfast to celebrate (and before anyone comments it was Michelle's choice).

IMG_1167.JPG

Happy Anniversary to you and your wife. I hope you have had a good day

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Andy.. we love pie and mash, and a local pub delivered during lockdown, but why do "experts" turn the pies upside down. Don't understand!!  I always ask His Lordship but I never get a straight answer🙃

That's the reason. I didn't realise the pies were upside down, I thought they weren't cooked properly😕

Avril

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

That's the reason. I didn't realise the pies were upside down, I thought they weren't cooked properly😕

Avril

I can't see the point in them doing it... to my mind instead of the tops being nice and crusty they go all soggy and they don't look so appetising upside down either.   Strange 🤥☺️

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, indiana123 said:

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Michelle asked the same question today as I immediately spun them upside down... Not really sure why though. 

Andy 

I'm no James Martin  but the pies upside down do make sense to me .

A baked pie has a dry top/lid but if you put the lid downwards it's now soaking up some of that lovely liqour.:classic_smile:

Maybe that's why we have beans on toast and not toast on beans :classic_unsure::classic_wink:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

A baked pie has a dry top/lid but if you put the lid downwards it's now soaking up some of that lovely liqour.:classic_smile:

Maybe that's why we have beans on toast and not toast on beans :classic_unsure::classic_wink:

Up here in Gods own County the only thing to have with your pies are mushy peas, gravy and brown sauce, none o' this garlic flavoured parsley liquor(ice).😇

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Up here in Gods own County the only thing to have with your pies are mushy peas, gravy and brown sauce, none o' this garlic flavoured parsley liquor(ice).😇

With a few crispy chips on the side if you're peckish. Not forgetting the sliced onions and cucumber in vinegar, Frank's favourite.

Avril

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

No kalos, you're not😉 A meat pie has a lovely crisp brown crust. The only reason I can see for turning it over to make it soggy is if you have no teeth☹️

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Walton-on-the-Naze to Southwold.  Talk about contrasts! 

Visiting the pier?  Aldeburgh has the best fish and chips though.........🐡

But much more expensive.  No Yuppies in Walton!

6 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

These kind of foods are underrated in my opinion. I enjoy offal dishes, eat haggis regularly and have not found a fishy thing I did not enjoy yet.

I also enjoy a lot of veggie and vegan foods too. Variety is the spice of life.

Back in the 60's when I was a teenager. Asking a young Lady out for a Wimpy after the pub had more success than asking her " fancy a bowl of jellied eels?". 🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Total change of subject.

After today's announcements, can someone please tell me why you are allowed to have 30 people at a funeral,  and only 15 at at a wedding? 

Peer group credited research findings only.

And then, why standing behind someone in a queue to order a coffee is fatal? Again,  facts please. 

I don't mind restrictions,  but this is just stupid! 

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1

And another total change of subject, and completely in the wrong place, but I guess its a general question about booking for any line (but I am talking about Cunard).  If I am fancying one of the cruises they are going to release in a few day what is the best/easiest way to book, can you usually get through on the phones on the morning bookings open, use the internet, other?  I would normally use a TA, but in these times, would prefer to book direct. TIA

2 minutes ago, davemorton said:

And another total change of subject, and completely in the wrong place, but I guess its a general question about booking for any line (but I am talking about Cunard).  If I am fancying one of the cruises they are going to release in a few day what is the best/easiest way to book, can you usually get through on the phones on the morning bookings open, use the internet, other?  I would normally use a TA, but in these times, would prefer to book direct. TIA

On line is always easiest. No need to talk to anyone.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, zap99 said:

Back in the 60's when I was a teenager. Asking a young Lady out for a Wimpy after the pub had more success than asking her " fancy a bowl of jellied eels?". 🤣

I bet it did 😀

I used to love the lime milkshakes they did in Wimpy. It all felt very new and sophisticated with the red booths, shakes and burgers. They used to do a donut dessert as well, the brown derby I think?