Jump to content

P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Interesting, I will need to try it sometime. I would never have thought to put a pie with parsley sauce but don’t knock it until you try it.

My Dad used to make proper parsley sauce with Conger eels.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

I like eels as a cold dish but I have never tried the water. We live and learn.

 

I imagine the original tasted a bit like a fish soup.

With a hint of old bike wheels and prams from the Thames.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning early birds. I didn't think anyone would be posting yet. I've been up since 3.45am, couldn't sleep, I don't know why. I'm feeling a bit down this morning, maybe my mood will lift as the sky brightens.

Avril

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Up here in Gods own County the only thing to have with your pies are mushy peas, gravy and brown sauce, none o' this garlic flavoured parsley liquor(ice).😇

Too true John and the mushy peas are non negotiable but I have been known to swap the gravy for a curry sauce 

if I was feeling exoitic :classic_smile:

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

No kalos, you're not😉 A meat pie has a lovely crisp brown crust. The only reason I can see for turning it over to make it soggy is if you have no teeth☹️

Avril

 

They don't last long enough to go soggy.You flip them over to open them up to pour in the chillie vinegar,bit like roast hedgehog.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brian1 said:

They don't last long enough to go soggy.You flip them over to open them up to pour in the chillie vinegar,bit like roast hedgehog.

I've not even had breakfast yet!!

Sis

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, brian1 said:

They don't last long enough to go soggy.You flip them over to open them up to pour in the chillie vinegar,bit like roast hedgehog.

As vegeterian, I never understood all these new trends in meat beating. How can a meat sandwich be crispy and soggy at the same time? I might suppose it will depent on the type of meat you are using. If its beef - it will be soggy for sure. If its anything else..I guess it will be quite dry 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning early birds. I didn't think anyone would be posting yet. I've been up since 3.45am, couldn't sleep, I don't know why. I'm feeling a bit down this morning, maybe my mood will lift as the sky brightens.

Avril

Then along comes Roger to cheer you up...🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites


Good morning to you to Avril , I also been awake since 4 as I had a bit of a leg spasm that normally last for a hour but this one wasn’t to bad . I have a busy day today cooking french onion soup , and lemon posit with short bread biscuits for tomorrows dinner night , main course being fillet steak and dauphinois potatoes and stuffed mushrooms, it will be my in-laws 65 wedding anniversary so having them around mine for dinner rather than go out with them much safer 

 

I hope you’re day gets brighter in a little while just like the sky 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

As vegeterian, I never understood all these new trends in meat beating. How can a meat sandwich be crispy and soggy at the same time? I might suppose it will depent on the type of meat you are using. If its beef - it will be soggy for sure. If its anything else..I guess it will be quite dry 

It's not a sandwich using bread, It's a pie using a pastry crust.

Avril

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

As vegeterian, I never understood all these new trends in meat beating. How can a meat sandwich be crispy and soggy at the same time? I might suppose it will depent on the type of meat you are using. If its beef - it will be soggy for sure. If its anything else..I guess it will be quite dry 

Give me some time,I'll try and decipher that later.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wowzz said:

can someone please tell me why you are allowed to have 30 people at a funeral,  and only 15 at at a wedding? 

 

Probably the same reason you can now have six people in your five a side football team .:classic_unsure:

What you need to remember Wowzz is that " A Sitch In  Time Saves  Nine "  :classic_wacko: Could save your life that .:classic_wink:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I've not even had breakfast yet!!

Sis

While I've got your attention sis,regarding homemade booze.They sell 95% alcohol here,mainly for making Lemoncello.Our friends have asked us to bring 3 lts back on the Leshuttle.I wonder if this is legal with your moonshining experience,cheers,bro.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, brian1 said:

While I've got your attention sis,regarding homemade booze.They sell 95% alcohol here,mainly for making Lemoncello.Our friends have asked us to bring 3 lts back on the Leshuttle.I wonder if this is legal with your moonshining experience,cheers,bro.

I love Limoncello, always bring some back when we visit Italy.

Taking into consideration the fact that I've only had about 4hrs sleep, you've completely lost me with the 'moonshine experience'bro.😟

Or are you really Roger

Sis

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

39 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning early birds. I didn't think anyone would be posting yet. I've been up since 3.45am, couldn't sleep, I don't know why. I'm feeling a bit down this morning, maybe my mood will lift as the sky brightens.

Avril

Good Morning Avril, I'm sure your day is getting better by now ,I hope so :classic_smile:

 

This should "Beef" up your day ...:classic_wink::classic_biggrin:

 

 

26 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

As vegetarian, I never understood  If its beef - it will be soggy for sure. 

 

20 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Give me some time,I'll try and decipher that later.

 

Do you think that Beef Dripping makes beef ... nah !... I will leave this one with you Brian .:classic_smile:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning all, raining in Kent today but it’s my day off and hubby is off too so I’ve booked a slot for Scotney Castle for 11am when hopefully it should be dry.

No sun expected here Avril, but I hope your mood is improving, I can imagine there’s a lot of people feeling down today after yesterday’s announcements. 
I’m ok with what’s been announced so far but hoping against hope the no mixing of households doesn’t happen too soon as that will devastate me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I recognise those steps 🙂

Looks like our trips to Devon can still go ahead.

 


So far, so good but I’m not 100% sure yet! I’m keeping everything crossed nothing changes for at least 2 weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:


Good morning to you to Avril , I also been awake since 4 as I had a bit of a leg spasm that normally last for a hour but this one wasn’t to bad . I have a busy day today cooking french onion soup , and lemon posit with short bread biscuits for tomorrows dinner night , main course being fillet steak and dauphinois potatoes and stuffed mushrooms, it will be my in-laws 65 wedding anniversary so having them around mine for dinner rather than go out with them much safer 

 

I hope you’re day gets brighter in a little while just like the sky 🙂


That sounds delicious. Hope they enjoy it and you all  have a lovely evening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

I love Limoncello, always bring some back when we visit Italy.

Taking into consideration the fact that I've only had about 4hrs sleep, you've completely lost me with the 'moonshine experience'bro.😟

Or are you really Roger

Sis

Sorry sis,I didn't realise you were a bit down.We're an hour ahead of you so a bit more awake.Hope the day gets better for you,bro.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kalos said:

 

Really !  up here in the north we use a spoon :classic_wink:

Yeah I know you like to stir things up a bit.I used to love Conger eel when I was a kid,lovely white fleshy meat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:


I’m ok with what’s been announced so far but hoping against hope the no mixing of households doesn’t happen too soon as that will devastate me.

I feel the same.

 

After my wobbly day on Saturday I had a full on melt down Sunday evening/Monday knowing a likely announcement was coming and being convinced it was a mini lockdown of sorts with a ban on mixing households.  Cried my weight in tears I think 🙄 Back to usual self afterwards to the enormous relief of my family who didn't know quite what to do with me other than try to drown me with cups of tea 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2020
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...