P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning early birds. I didn't think anyone would be posting yet. I've been up since 3.45am, couldn't sleep, I don't know why. I'm feeling a bit down this morning, maybe my mood will lift as the sky brightens.

Avril

It's so miserable not sleeping, I really hope you feel brighter as the day progresses.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I feel the same.

After my wobbly day on Saturday I had a full on melt down Sunday evening/Monday knowing a likely announcement was coming and being convinced it was a mini lockdown of sorts with a ban on mixing households.  Cried my weight in tears I think 🙄 Back to usual self afterwards to the enormous relief of my family who didn't know quite what to do with me other than try to drown me with cups of tea 😂

I was refreshing my phone constantly Monday looking for news!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I feel the same.

After my wobbly day on Saturday I had a full on melt down Sunday evening/Monday knowing a likely announcement was coming and being convinced it was a mini lockdown of sorts with a ban on mixing households.  Cried my weight in tears I think 🙄 Back to usual self afterwards to the enormous relief of my family who didn't know quite what to do with me other than try to drown me with cups of tea 😂

So do I.

Don't care what else they tell us to do, but the thought of not seeing family, and just mumbling away to myself, fills me with dread. Makes us all realise what's really important (if we didn't already).

Tea!!?? What were they thinking??😮 Wine/gin/whatever Avril is concocting (delete as appropriate).

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning to you to Avril , I also been awake since 4 as I had a bit of a leg spasm that normally last for a hour but this one wasn’t to bad . I have a busy day today cooking french onion soup , and lemon posit with short bread biscuits for tomorrows dinner night , main course being fillet steak and dauphinois potatoes and stuffed mushrooms, it will be my in-laws 65 wedding anniversary so having them around mine for dinner rather than go out with them much safer 

I hope you’re day gets brighter in a little while just like the sky 🙂

Happy 65th wedding anniversary to your in-laws and hopefully you all have a nice time together today.

Graham.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning to you to Avril , I also been awake since 4 as I had a bit of a leg spasm that normally last for a hour but this one wasn’t to bad . I have a busy day today cooking french onion soup , and lemon posit with short bread biscuits for tomorrows dinner night , main course being fillet steak and dauphinois potatoes and stuffed mushrooms, it will be my in-laws 65 wedding anniversary so having them around mine for dinner rather than go out with them much safer 

I hope you’re day gets brighter in a little while just like the sky 🙂

Sounds lovely. Shame about the 6 people rule, or we could all have toddled round to help you demolish it.😅

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning early birds. I didn't think anyone would be posting yet. I've been up since 3.45am, couldn't sleep, I don't know why. I'm feeling a bit down this morning, maybe my mood will lift as the sky brightens.

Avril

Probably after Boris announced further lockdown restrictions lasting 6 months.

Lastnight I had arthritis foot pain so haven't slept well either.

• Like 3

... and the pup woke me at 4am for a wee-wee

Been a whole lot of lost sleep among forum-eers today.  Ho hum

Yesterdays PM broadcast didn’t help 🤡 

Am I the only one who remembers being urged to “get back out there” only a month ago?  Yet apparently the surge is infection is down to us. 🤔. And there are people not sticking to the rules ...  How many shouted “Cummings” at the TV at that stage?

That all leaves me quite pessimistic about the next year or so.  Not necessarily for my own health but certainly for the country as a whole.  People are likely to get very down as the winter draws in with no respite in view.

Oh - sorry - not a ray of sunshine today.  Look on the bright side everyone and cherish what you have ; try not to fret about what you can’t have just now

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

So do I.

Don't care what else they tell us to do, but the thought of not seeing family, and just mumbling away to myself, fills me with dread. Makes us all realise what's really important (if we didn't already).

Tea!!?? What were they thinking??😮 Wine/gin/whatever Avril is concocting (delete as appropriate).

Oh gosh, then the hot flushes would have started and I would have been a hot and beetroot red, crying mess instead of just a crying mess! 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I'm really sorry to hear you're feeling a bit down, I know how you feel after a tough day yesterday followed by a difficult night's sleep and I've was up earlier than usual as well (6am).

After a great start to our wedding anniversay day it started to turn sour when I was rejected for another job. I took this one harder than usual as I was given false hope during the interview when they actually said to me that I had more experience than other staff they'd recently hired. Then to top that I had to go rescue my usually fit and well father who's become ill and was stranded on the landing floor and unable to get back up to go back to bed. 

Anyway today's a new day for me, back to the job search then out to get some shopping for mum and dad shortly.

I really hope the day picks up for you and look forward to your interesting and cheerful comments when you're feeling more like your usual self.

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

I bet it did 😀

I used to love the lime milkshakes they did in Wimpy. It all felt very new and sophisticated with the red booths, shakes and burgers. They used to do a donut dessert as well, the brown derby I think?

My girlfriend's favourite pudding was a brown derby. Thank you Wimpy . November is our 45th anniversary ❤️

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

... and the pup woke me at 4am for a wee-wee

Been a whole lot of lost sleep among forum-eers today.  Ho hum

Yesterdays PM broadcast didn’t help 🤡 

Am I the only one who remembers being urged to “get back out there” only a month ago?  Yet apparently the surge is infection is down to us. 🤔. And there are people not sticking to the rules ...  How many shouted “Cummings” at the TV at that stage?

That all leaves me quite pessimistic about the next year or so.  Not necessarily for my own health but certainly for the country as a whole.  People are likely to get very down as the winter draws in with no respite in view.

Oh - sorry - not a ray of sunshine today.  Look on the bright side everyone and cherish what you have ; try not to fret about what you can’t have just now

Sounds like a unilateral poor night's sleep for many of the regulars on here!

As for the broadcast I found this summary which explains everything on Twitter:

With the R above one a stitch in time saves nine so we have the rule of six and three for a pound. It’s fifteen for a wedding and two for the show and the pub shuts at ten but you get nothing for a pair (not in this game) and it’s all our fault because we eight out.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, AndyMichelle said:

Wimpy... Now you are talking. 

I wonder where I can get a bender in a bun these days.. 🤔

Andy 

There is a Wimpy in Southsea. I had that thought, but didn't see it on the menu. Nuff said on that subject.😂

• Haha 1

Here's a nice bit of pure escapism to cheer people up - on Channel 5, which has changed and improved enormously since being sold by the awful Richard Desmond (see Robert Jenrick) and was voted 2020 Channel of the Year by the Royal Television Society:

All Creatures Great and Small  - beautifully remade.

About three episodes in, well reviewed,  and available on My 5 to catch up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Hope you're feeling better Graham.

Thanks Damian.

I remember numerous interviews when I was made to feel I was in with a good chance which came to nothing.

It might be useful sending an email thanking them for the interview and ask them for feedback to help you for your next interview.

I once got a phone call offering me a job as they said they made a mistake with the person they chose.

At least you are getting interviews so stay positive and I'm certain you will be successful soon.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello guys, I just want to join as well as I turned 30 this year and I want to wish to all having anniversaries this year to have a great year. Just be happy that we made it all the way here and have an opportunity to talk here on the forum right now! You guys are awesome 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Just to jump on the 'down in the dumps' theme, today is a difficult day for us. 

Not only is it the 7th anniversary of Michelle's dear Mums passing, it is also 6 years to the day that Michelle was diagnosed with Cancer and given 6 months to live.. 

Today we have the hat trick.. 

We will be virtually attending 'Grandad' Georges funeral. He was my sister in laws father and a big part of the girls childhood and our family. 

He was 98, so by the time his children, grandchildren and great grandchildren attend, the 30 soon fills up, but at least we have the technology to pay our respects from afar. 

A long walk along the beach is in order to reflect and be thankful. 

Andy 

• Like 15

2 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Hello guys, I just want to join as well as I turned 30 this year and I want to wish to all having anniversaries this year to have a great year. Just be happy that we made it all the way here and have an opportunity to talk here on the forum right now! You guys are awesome 

Thanks Roger.

I hope you had a great 30th birthday.

Stay safe as those covid19 numbers in the US look frightening.

Graham.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Nice to hear from you Roger, happy birthday. 

Andy 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Just to jump on the 'down in the dumps' theme, today is a difficult day for us. 

Not only is it the 7th anniversary of Michelle's dear Mums passing, it is also 6 years to the day that Michelle was diagnosed with Cancer and given 6 months to live.. 

Today we have the hat trick.. 

We will be virtually attending 'Grandad' Georges funeral. He was my sister in laws father and a big part of the girls childhood and our family. 

He was 98, so by the time his children, grandchildren and great grandchildren attend, the 30 soon fills up, but at least we have the technology to pay our respects from afar. 

A long walk along the beach is in order to reflect and be thankful. 

Andy 

Andy we were both upset to hear your news for today.

Getting that news 6 years ago about Michelle must have shattered you both and it is fantastic Michelle is still here and hopefully she is here for many more years to come.

Take care.

Graham & Pauline x.

• Like 8

Damian I’m sorry your wedding anniversary didn’t get off to a good start , hope your father recovers quickly and keep your chin up for a job I’m sure one will come along soon just for you .😉

graham hope your arthritis in your foot is a lot better now 😌

Andy and Michelle it really is a tough day for you two today but has you say a long walk on the beach together will do you the world of good and enjoy each other’s company and be blessed you have each other 🥰

sandra 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1