P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

We are fortunate to have come together as a caring, considerate group who support and help each other. 

I didn't post for sympathy, but just because I needed to unload a bit as need to be strong today for Michelle and knew you lovely people wouldn't mind. 

Genuinely, from the bottom of my heart, thank you all for the kind words and support, you really are the best. 

Andy xx

Alexa just played this in our kitchen:

I ain't lookin' for praise or pity
I ain't comin' 'round searchin' for a crutch
I just want someone to talk to
And a little of that human touch

Human Touch by Bruce Springsteen, 71 today.

It made me think of your post, good on ya Andy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Alexa just played this in our kitchen:

I ain't lookin' for praise or pity
I ain't comin' 'round searchin' for a crutch
I just want someone to talk to
And a little of that human touch

Human Touch by Bruce Springsteen, 71 today.

It made me think of your post, good on ya Andy.

It’s also Floella Benjamim’s 71st birthday today

Lady Benjamin, I guess, as she is a member of the House of Lords

Anyone remember Play School and Play Away?  Let’s look through the round window

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Host Sharon. Do you think you could keep a thread like this open even when things get back to normal?

It has been extremely popular and gives a place to be “off topic”.

I think a lot of posters have really valued the chance to get to know each other so much better.

I know that the pub is available but this P&O group has become cohesive and I think others would value this continuing as well.

What do others think?

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Host Sharon. Do you think you could keep a thread like this open even when things get back to normal?

I think a lot of posters have really valued the chance to get to know each other so much better.

I know that the pub is available but this P&O group has become cohesive and I think others would value this continuing as well.

What do others think?

Here here, or do I mean hear hear?? 😊

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

So down here in Devon, things are OK.  I am not working this week as I should have been on holiday in Wales😞  Dog has recovered and is absolutely fine.  (I may kill him).  My friend's husband has just been taken to hospital with a major nosebleed.  why these doctors put them on a cocktail of drugs that don't mix I will never know.  He is on aspirin and omeprazole and a statin.  those together cause nosebleeds! ☹️

We have booked another holiday to Wales starting 23rd October my husbands birthday and staying the first night at the Lion Inn.  Rather fitting I thought?!

But will we go - who knows.  Hardly any cases down here in South Devon, but a third of Wales in lockdown.

Glad your doggie is OK Jean. 

Enjoy your time off. 

Andy 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

What do others think?

Excellent proposal, Eglesbrech.  It's proved invaluable, and without all the nastiness of certain other media which shall remain faceless.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Oh yes, my children watched it religiously every afternoon. Then there was Bungle, Zipppy, etc. 

After that came "Friends" and the beginning of the trials and tribulations of three teenage daughters.

33 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

What do others think?

What a brilliant idea.  It would be great for me as I am a master of going off topic!

Damn it... that I didn't think of it first🤣

• Like 8

Well, we managed to have a peaceful day and very long walks, discovering WW2 pill boxes and abandoned concrete barges. 

The rain held off until just now, fortunately we are safely back in the caravan with a glass of wine. 

George's funeral was emotional, a bit strange watching online, but better than nothing. 

In the circumstances, not a bad day. 

Andy 

IMG-20200923-WA0003.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

So, when my sister called this morning I was sorting my fabric scraps and she found some Christmas fabric from last year and said that I need to make some themed masks because we will still be wearing them at Christmas.  Here is the prototype IMG_20200923_185221.thumb.jpg.587bc51a14a2f090a8a7589fa2dc39df.jpg

Festive masks. You could sell them on eBay.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

So down here in Devon, things are OK.  I am not working this week as I should have been on holiday in Wales😞  Dog has recovered and is absolutely fine.  (I may kill him).  My friend's husband has just been taken to hospital with a major nosebleed.  why these doctors put them on a cocktail of drugs that don't mix I will never know.  He is on aspirin and omeprazole and a statin.  those together cause nosebleeds! ☹️

We have booked another holiday to Wales starting 23rd October my husbands birthday and staying the first night at the Lion Inn.  Rather fitting I thought?!

But will we go - who knows.  Hardly any cases down here in South Devon, but a third of Wales in lockdown.

Pleased your dog is fine now Jean.

Hope they have stopped your friends husband's nosebleed.

Graham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

What do others think?

+1.

It would be much appreciated.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Well, we managed to have a peaceful day and very long walks, discovering WW2 pill boxes and abandoned concrete barges. 

The rain held off until just now, fortunately we are safely back in the caravan with a glass of wine. 

George's funeral was emotional, a bit strange watching online, but better than nothing. 

Andy 

IMG-20200923-WA0003.jpg

Pleased for you both.

Cute dog Andy.

Graham.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

☺️ you never know! Our daughter has booked tickets for Exmoor Zoo on the Tuesday so we'll be closer to where you're staying. 

I’ve just had an email from the cottage owner with lots of details About the place and also a document about local services that you’d find in a book normally in the cottage. Now it’s emailed due to Covid. We were planning to eat in quite a lot but I had been looking online and the first restaurant he’s recommended is the one I was thinking of booking for hubby’s birthday! 
I think I might actually have to think about packing now 😊

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

So, when my sister called this morning I was sorting my fabric scraps and she found some Christmas fabric from last year and said that I need to make some themed masks because we will still be wearing them at Christmas.  Here is the prototype IMG_20200923_185221.thumb.jpg.587bc51a14a2f090a8a7589fa2dc39df.jpg

Brilliant!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

IMG-20200923-WA0003.jpg

Glad your day wasn’t too bad, now enjoy that wine!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

My children loved Play school. It's amazing when you see where  some peoples careers begin and finish. 

Avril