P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Wow!!! and bang goes your diet bro🤣  I assume mine's in the post? 

Now waiting patiently 😋

Sis

LOL,our friend in the UK said that looks like tiramisu so I went and tasted it and it was.I must have been drunk last night,cheers,bro.PS I still weigh the same.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 1

We are just back from Tatton Park, as Presto said it was lovely and quiet, we really enjoyed the walk, the autumn colours are lovely.  We decided to call and visit David's aunt in Knutsford, we hadn't warned her but she was pleased to have visitors even though we obviously stood in the garden chatting to her while she stood just inside the door. So a lovely afternoon out despite the cold and odd shower.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

LOL,our friend in the UK said that looks like tiramisu so I went and tasted it and it was.I must have been drunk last night,cheers,bro.PS I still weigh the same.

Good excuse. but not unique, I've used the ''must have had too much too drink'' one as well.

It must run in the family 😉😄

Sis

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good excuse. but not unique, I've used the ''must have had too much too drink'' one as well.

It must run in the family 😉😄

Sis

No worries sis when I get home we'll be the first sis and bro to join AA.I'm gonna send my tiramisu to you via piescle post,cheers,bro.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

We are just back from Tatton Park, as Presto said it was lovely and quiet, we really enjoyed the walk, the autumn colours are lovely.  We decided to call and visit David's aunt in Knutsford, we hadn't warned her but she was pleased to have visitors even though we obviously stood in the garden chatting to her while she stood just inside the door. So a lovely afternoon out despite the cold and odd shower.

That's really nice to hear --- we had a wonderful day yesterday and if yours was half as good today that is good enough for us 🙂

3 minutes ago, brian1 said:

No worries sis when I get home we'll be the first sis and bro to join AA.I'm gonna send my tiramisu to you via piescle post,cheers,bro.

Can we join too ???? Pllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasseeeeeee

xx

• Haha 1

Changing the subject, we have binge watched "The Bridge" series 3, over the last couple of nights (scandi noir crime thriller). Having just watched the last episode, we are so confused that we think we might need to watch the whole 10 hours again.  Anyone else had the same problem?

As an aside, I think Saga Norén is my favourite TV detective after the great Andy Sipowicz in NYPD Blue. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Changing the subject, we have binge watched "The Bridge" series 3, over the last couple of nights (scandi noir crime thriller). Having just watched the last episode, we are so confused that we think we might need to watch the whole 10 hours again.  Anyone else had the same problem?

As an aside, I think Saga Norén is my favourite TV detective after the great Andy Sipowicz in NYPD 

Haven't watched it, but are these links any good? 

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/the-bridge-season-3-recap/

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2015/dec/19/bridge-recap-series-three-episodes-nine-10-call-it-love

We've used these sites quite a lot to try to make sure we've got the right end of the stick or to try to unravel complicated plot twists and work out how characters are connected/motives etc. for such as Line of Duty, Medici etc when I've been a bit confused sometimes about how things fit together.  Den of Geek seems to do the Netflix series we've watched like Ozark and Breaking Bad.  We find both are well written and provide an interesting read in any event.  I just Google eg Line of Duty Series X episode X or whatever and they pop up. I've pulled up the last episode, if that's the right series/episode. 

27 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Talking of Tv programmes, anyone watching Strictly Come Dancing? Any thoughts on who will be the first to be voted off?

A big fat YES!!!  😁   Always been a big fan but this year I'm finding it an especially welcome distraction and a programme guaranteed to lift my spirits. Provides a real feel good factor injected into the Autumn programming.  I was really impressed with the way last week's prog went - imo it really didn't suffer from the Covid modifications they'd had to make.  In fact the pro dance was superb.  I think they benefited from dedicated rehearsal time and being able to concentrate on creating those prior to the start of the series and not having to squeeze the rehearsals in between training their celebs.

To answer your question, I think Jackie will be the first to go.  I think she's a bit stiff, perhaps not a natural mover and has the Samba - possibly the worst dance given what I think her weaknesses are.  

I am pleasantly surprised by quite a lot of the celebs - fair bit of potential. I think it will be a good series.  Have you got any early favourites?

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

Haven't watched it, but are these links any good? 

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/the-bridge-season-3-recap/

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2015/dec/19/bridge-recap-series-three-episodes-nine-10-call-it-love

We've used these sites quite a lot to try to make sure we've got the right end of the stick or to try to unravel complicated plot twists and work out how characters are connected/motives etc. for such as Line of Duty, Medici etc when I've been a bit confused sometimes about how things fit together.  Den of Geek seems to do the Netflix series we've watched like Ozark and Breaking Bad.  We find both are well written and provide an interesting read in any event.  I just Google eg Line of Duty Series X episode X or whatever and they pop up. I've pulled up the last episode, if that's the right series/episode. 

Thanks.  I've just read the Denofgeek precis. It's pretty good, but a bit like condensing War and Peace into a single page! 

I think that perhaps some of the attraction of series like The Bridge, is the complexity of the plot,  red herrings etc, so to completely understand it would be, ironically,  disappointing.  Which could of course be applied to various other genres, such as The Wasteland, or Waiting for Godot.

Sounds like a good subject for a thesis!

Here we are the UK's first official (covid) Halloween ...  :classic_ohmy:

Latest spooky news is ....

Scientists have discovered another deadly pathogen they are calling the Peekaboo virus.

Doctors are sending anyone with peekaboo straight to ICU.
No surprise that Halloween will not be the same this year ...nobody wants to wear a mask !
Also I can’t believe people are letting fireworks off in October!
It’s scared the dog so badly he’s only gone and knocked our Christmas tree over.

Recently schools have been educating the kids about covid so if moneys a little tight, now would

be a a good time for priming the kids to accept that Santa won't be able to visit this Christmas due

to lockdown measures.

I went into a fancy dress shop earlier:
 I asked“Have you got a ghost costume please?” 
“No we haven’t I’m afraid” replied the woman.
“Don’t be ” I said, “they’re not real.”

I must try not to fall out with the wife this year . Last year I answered the door and shouted  to the wife ..

"There's a witch  at our door " The wife shouted back  "Give her a bag of sweets and then close the door "

Which I did ...... If she calls this year I think i'll just let her mother in this time .:classic_unsure:

Also for all you" would be P&O choir singers", here's help for you  to adapt your songs this year due to covid

All together now ... 🎶 On The  Twelfth Tier Of Lockdown ....  🎶

Take care folks !  Haloweeny.gif.b5ad4d0066b50e53c0f55c107b1758af.gif      1662161659_witchdance.gif.cc9a3b8aca1d65b9b7f067cf0e3184b3.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, kruzseeka said:

A big fat YES!!!  😁   Always been a big fan but this year I'm finding it an especially welcome distraction and a programme guaranteed to lift my spirits. Provides a real feel good factor injected into the Autumn programming.  I was really impressed with the way last week's prog went - imo it really didn't suffer from the Covid modifications they'd had to make.  In fact the pro dance was superb.  I think they benefited from dedicated rehearsal time and being able to concentrate on creating those prior to the start of the series and not having to squeeze the rehearsals in between training their celebs.

To answer your question, I think Jackie will be the first to go.  I think she's a bit stiff, perhaps not a natural mover and has the Samba - possibly the worst dance given what I think her weaknesses are.  

I am pleasantly surprised by quite a lot of the celebs - fair bit of potential. I think it will be a good series.  Have you got any early favourites?

How sad am I, but I agree with you about Jackie.  No great talent, and no chance of a sympathy  vote as she is not that likeable.  Anton can put his feet up for another year. I hope the BBC keep an eye on her expenses! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

How sad am I, but I agree with you about Jackie.  No great talent, and no chance of a sympathy  vote as she is not that likeable.  Anton can put his feet up for another year. I hope the BBC keep an eye on her expenses! 

I agree that Jackie is likely to be voted off first.I think its a pity that it is one of the 'older' contestants who is the worst dancer but I thought Caroline Quentin danced well (for an oldie!)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ann141 said:

Talking of Tv programmes, anyone watching Strictly Come Dancing? Any thoughts on who will be the first to be voted off?

Oh yes. It brightens up my dull Saturday evenings (and also 6.30pm in the week). I hope Jackie gets to stay in a little bit longer as she is a complete novice. I suspect Jamie might be in the dance off with her tho. We shall see.....!!

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Oh yes. It brightens up my dull Saturday evenings (and also 6.30pm in the week). I hope Jackie gets to stay in a little bit longer as she is a complete novice. I suspect Jamie might be in the dance off with her tho. We shall see.....!!

If Jamie is in the dance off I hope that he is the one to go regardless of who the other person is because he came across as really irritating.  I want Jackie to stay because poor Anton always ( with the exception of last year ) gets one of the worst dancers and he tries his hardest to pull them through.  I think that Maisie was brilliant.  I will be glued to the TV tonight 💃 

We had planned to be driving to Southampton today to go to the Canaries for our anniversary cruise and now it looks like that we may be in lockdown instead.  😢

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

If Jamie is in the dance off I hope that he is the one to go regardless of who the other person is because he came across as really irritating.  I want Jackie to stay because poor Anton always ( with the exception of last year ) gets one of the worst dancers and he tries his hardest to pull them through.  I think that Maisie was brilliant.  I will be glued to the TV tonight 💃 

We had planned to be driving to Southampton today to go to the Canaries for our anniversary cruise and now it looks like that we may be in lockdown instead.  😢

Oh dear, but on the upside the seas would have been rather choppy.....

I’m not a fan of Maisie. Great dancer and works hard, but I find her a bit full of herself and over confident (which I know is unfair as probably delightful).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kalos said:

Here we are the UK's first official (covid) Halloween ...  :classic_ohmy:

Latest spooky news is ....

Scientists have discovered another deadly pathogen they are calling the Peekaboo virus.

No surprise that Halloween will not be the same this year ...nobody wants to wear a mask !
Also I can’t believe people are letting fireworks off in October!
It’s scared the dog so badly he’s only gone and knocked our Christmas tree over.

Recently schools have been educating the kids about covid so if moneys a little tight, now would

be a a good time for priming the kids to accept that Santa won't be able to visit this Christmas due

to lockdown measures.

I went into a fancy dress shop earlier:
 I asked“Have you got a ghost costume please?” 
“No we haven’t I’m afraid” replied the woman.
“Don’t be ” I said, “they’re not real.”

I must try not to fall out with the wife this year . Last year I answered the door and shouted  to the wife ..

"There's a witch  at our door " The wife shouted back  "Give her a bag of sweets and then close the door "

Which I did ...... If she calls this year I think i'll just let her mother in this time .:classic_unsure:

Also for all you" would be P&O choir singers", here's help for you  to adapt your songs this year due to covid

All together now ... 🎶 On The  Twelfth Tier Of Lockdown ....  🎶

Take care folks !  Haloweeny.gif.b5ad4d0066b50e53c0f55c107b1758af.gif      1662161659_witchdance.gif.cc9a3b8aca1d65b9b7f067cf0e3184b3.gif

Best laugh of the week.

Thanks Kalos.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

🤣

I think me brains going today...   probably still half asleep.     I ready this, and read it again and then again, I just didn't get it... suddenly the penny dropped and now I can't stop laughing.

Thank you

• Like 1
  • Haha 2