P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Totally agree with the last few comments. It’s certainly a weird virus. My very good friend has just messaged me. Her son and 2 grandsons live with her and her husband. One of her grandsons has just tested positive after his class was sent home from school (he’s about 7) and she’s waiting for test results for her husband and son as they’re quite ill, sweating and coughing. She is panicking as you can imagine but so far is well.

I'm sorry to hear this Sue.

As someone who has covid19 those symptoms are definitely covid19.

Your friend and her husband will legally have to isolate for 14 days once someone in the household has tested positive.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Your friend and her husband will legally have to isolate for 14 days once someone in the household has tested positive.

To be honest they don’t go out much, they are both in their mid 60’s. I’m sure they know this as their grandson was sent home with his class “bubble” I feel so sorry for them as, like you, they have been so careful. I’m quite sure they’ve caught it from the young boy.

It’s really spreading via the schools, it’s so hard what to do for the best. I’ve got lots of friends on my book of faces (!) from my old job and they were all so glad for some normality when the schools went back. However so many of them are having the children sent home in 2 week batches it’s so frustrating for them, especially as they need to work.

Anyway glad you’re slowly getting there Graham.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

To be honest they don’t go out much, they are both in their mid 60’s. I’m sure they know this as their grandson was sent home with his class “bubble” I feel so sorry for them as, like you, they have been so careful. I’m quite sure they’ve caught it from the young boy.

It’s really spreading via the schools, it’s so hard what to do for the best. I’ve got lots of friends on my book of faces (!) from my old job and they were all so glad for some normality when the schools went back. However so many of them are having the children sent home in 2 week batches it’s so frustrating for them, especially as they need to work.

Anyway glad you’re slowly getting there Graham.

Thanks Sue.

I feel like I have my appetite back this morning but i have lost 6lb in weight in 14 days with Covid19.

Graham.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Just to give you a bit of positive news, Graham, The University of Oxford has discovered that covid sufferers are very unlikely to contract the illness again for at least 6 months. So, unlike most of us, once you're feeling better, you can go out clubbing (were they open) or whatever you fancy. Sadly, Pauline will have to stay at home.😉

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Just to give you a bit of positive news, Graham, The University of Oxford has discovered that covid sufferers are very unlikely to contract the illness again for at least 6 months. So, unlike most of us, once you're feeling better, you can go out clubbing (were they open) or whatever you fancy. Sadly, Pauline will have to stay at home.😉

Thanks Annie that is good news.

I read a US report that someone posted on the Royal Caribbean boards which said immunity could last a couple of months up to decades.

Graham.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hi all,just to say we made it ok after 500 miles and 8 hrs.Having a few voddies and cooking up gammon,mashed spuds and beans,cheers,Brian.

Gammon, mashed spuds and beans ! Now that's what you call a UK meal :classic_wink:

Have a nice kip tonight  , Spam & eggs for breakfast ??  :classic_biggrin:

Now you're living the dream mate :classic_unsure:  

• Haha 2

Hi everyone, sorry to be so quiet the last week but it has been a tough one. The weekend calls now so looking forward to chatting over the weekend 🙂 Have been checking in to see if Grapau is ok though but will do a proper catch up tomorrow. Hope you are all well and safe. Chat tomorrow x

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Hi everyone, sorry to be so quiet the last week but it has been a tough one. The weekend calls now so looking forward to chatting over the weekend 🙂 Have been checking in to see if Grapau is ok though but will do a proper catch up tomorrow. Hope you are all well and safe. Chat tomorrow x

Sorry it's been a tough week for you.

Hope you have a relaxing weekend.

Take care🍾🥂🍷

Graham

• Like 2

10 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Who says internet shopping is less stressful than going to the shops?! I’m not ordering anything for a while 😆 but at least I’ve started the dreaded Christmas shopping.

Thanks to Internet shopping, for the first time ever, I've completed my Christmas present shopping. I'm usually still running around at the last minute. Fortunately at the moment ,I've nothing better to do than wait in for delivery men.😄

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Hi all,just to say we made it ok after 500 miles and 8 hrs.Having a few voddies and cooking up gammon,mashed spuds and beans,cheers,Brian.

Glad you got there ok, you must be knackered! Enjoy your  rest and voddies. Switzerland next stop?

Sis

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Thanks to Internet shopping, for the first time ever, I've completed my Christmas present shopping. I'm usually still running around at the last minute. Fortunately at the moment ,I've nothing better to do than wait in for delivery men.😄

Avril

A visit to M&S food hall yesterday sorted most of the nibbles. DW was a bit put out when I told her handbag shops were closed. Not quite as upset as she was when I told her on Indy that you can't use OBC in the Michael Kors shop. Now that we are almost done ,we can focus on next year's infill holidays. Still a few empty weeks😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Don't forget the wine and we can all have a 'proper' virtual get-together🍷

Avril

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zap99 said:

A visit to M&S food hall yesterday sorted most of the nibbles. DW was a bit put out when I told her handbag shops were closed. Not quite as upset as she was when I told her on Indy that you can't use OBC in the Michael Kors shop. Now that we are almost done ,we can focus on next year's infill holidays. Still a few empty weeks😁

You’re very naughty!  I’m sure there were handbags in my local M&S yesterday although I suppose they’re not up to Michael Kors standard! M&S and Next are as expensive as I go 😂

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

You’re very naughty!  I’m sure there were handbags in my local M&S yesterday although I suppose they’re not up to Michael Kors standard! M&S and Next are as expensive as I go 😂

Me too. I much prefer the cream and black of Next though. More classier than the bright green of M&S don't you think? 😉

Avril

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I haven’t completed mine but I’m much further along than usual! At this time of year I’m often spending birthday vouchers or  money. It’s so funny in shops because staff ask if I want it gift wrapped or a gift receipt and I reply ‘no it’s for me’  A November birthday didn’t use to be near Christmas a few years ago but now it is - for example my husband said it was hard to find a decent card.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

Me too. I much prefer the cream and black of Next though. More classier than the bright green of M&S don't you think? 😉

Avril

Cream and black sounds very classy, I won’t be buying a green one from anywhere!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

I haven’t completed mine but I’m much further along than usual! At this time of year I’m often spending birthday vouchers or  money. It’s so funny in shops because staff ask if I want it gift wrapped or a gift receipt and I reply ‘no it’s for me’  A November birthday didn’t use to be near Christmas a few years ago but now it is - for example my husband said it was hard to find a decent card.

I' have the same problem for my youngest grandson. His birthday is December 25th.  I buy his the same time I get his brothers in October.

Avril

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

So sorry you’ve had a tough week, if you remember my sister has just left teaching and she’s had many many stressful times even before Covid. 

Looking forward to more cheerful Presto tomorrow x

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

I' have the same problem for my youngest grandson. His birthday is December 25th.  I buy his the same time I get his brothers in October.

Avril

Wow that is a tough birthday. I always feel sorry for people with Christmas birthdays. As I said November had no sign of Christmas when I was younger. Last year I got a gift card for a friend with  a November birthday and all the pictures on them were Christmassy!! I said to her ‘some of us have birthdays too you know!’ 

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I was meaning carrier bags Sue 😉

Avril

😂😂 what a plonker ! I’ve had a bad head this afternoon and am still a bit woozy! That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it! I’d better get back to ‘I’m a celeb’ ...!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

Wow that is a tough birthday. I always feel sorry for people with Christmas birthdays. As I said November had no sign of Christmas when I was younger. Last year I got a gift card for a friend with  a November birthday and all the pictures on them were Christmassy!! I said to her ‘some of us have birthdays too you know!’ 

My eldest daughter is 23rd December. Our family has five birthdays in December, so have got into the habit of getting cards, etc early.

• Like 1