Jump to content

P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, AnnieC said:

How are things at work, Andy? 

Ok, thank you for asking. 

We have had to close the retail store, but we were fairly booked up until Christmas anyway, but nothing else has changed much. The Commercial side is unaffected and we are still able to visit peoples homes, which we do as safely as possible, but it still doesn't make any sense to me...

Lets just hope we can get back to some sort of normality ASAP. 

Andy 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

 

Unfortunately my Grandson has just had a few really bad days with lots of pain.

His doctor sent him to hospital for some tests, nothing new was found but they are increasing his medication again.

It seems that this dam Crohns is not going away even after the operation.

 

 

 

 

 


Oh no, I’m really sorry to hear this. Best wishes to you all, Crohns is really nasty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

We always made  sure that he had a real birthday as well. Christmas morning he opened his christmas presents and birthday cards. After dinner was his birthday, and we celebrated with a birthday tea with a cake  and then he opened his birthday presents which were wrapped in birthday paper. 

Avril

 

 

 


I have a friend whose daughter’s  birthday is Christmas Day and she does the same. That’s what lovely people do.

 

One of my son’s classmates when he was 6 had a Christmas Eve birthday and he had a brother whose birthday was in September. His Granny used to buy him one present that was a joint Christmas/ birthday present, I thought that was appalling especially at that age. The brother would get two presents! 

I could understand when he was much older and you give a special present like a Tv or something!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway the results of my delivery yesterday- the parcel arrived just after John got in from work  (so 2.15  in the 11-3  slot) - it had come via Royal Mail and he got in and found the card saying sorry we weren’t in left just before he got in. I was in!! One of my pet hates when they don’t ring the doorbell! I was working in the room right above the front door as well 😡

It had been left next door so all’s well that ends well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wowzz said:

We all have different experiences. I just gave mine.

The problem is that most of us don't buy white goods very often, and obviously most people only write after a bad experience.

After your post, we can now say that 50% of Cruise Critic posters recommend AO (or don't recommend them,  depending on your viewpoint)

To be fair, AO are basically just a delivery company, which is why, when things go wrong,  there can be issues. In your case, why not deal direct with the manufacturer? Our dish washer, delivered by AO had an issue after 6 months. Made a call to the manufacturer, got an engineer out - sorted.   

 

Yes, I was just giving my experience - it was just conversational, I wasn’t expecting any in depth analysis 🤷‍♀️
 

My post mentioned I had two bad experiences with AO, not just the one, which is why I gave up on them. AO are a retailer, therefore in my first purchase, it is their responsibility to sell me an appliance that worked when I switched it on for the first time. 

If they were just a delivery company, my second poor experience related to delivery, so they failed on that score too. 
 


 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Anyway the results of my delivery yesterday- the parcel arrived just after John got in from work  (so 2.15  in the 11-3  slot) - it had come via Royal Mail and he got in and found the card saying sorry we weren’t in left just before he got in. I was in!! One of my pet hates when they don’t ring the doorbell! I was working in the room right above the front door as well 😡

It had been left next door so all’s well that ends well. 

I’m not sure if Royal Mail  is working very well round here at the moment. I’ve got an untracked parcel that was posted last Saturday still outstanding, and an important letter that was posted on Monday that’s not arrived yet. I expect the Christmas postal rush has started early this year, and they might have more people off sick than normal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I’m not sure if Royal Mail  is working very well round here at the moment. I’ve got an untracked parcel that was posted last Saturday still outstanding, and an important letter that was posted on Monday that’s not arrived yet. I expect the Christmas postal rush has started early this year, and they might have more people off sick than normal.

Not working well anywhere I suspect.
 

48 hour Royal Mail package booked for collection last Friday. No postman that day, so no collection. Collected last Saturday, finally arrived at London yesterday after moving around three different delivery offices in different parts of London.

 

Once a week or more we get no deliveries because it’s the postman’s day off and they choose, despite the requirements of the Universal Service Obligation to deliver on 6 days a week, not to cover the round.

 

A magazine that used to arrive on Tuesday now arrives 1, 2 or 3 days later, unless it’s sent first class.

 

Privatisation really working wonders for Royal Mail!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Not working well anywhere I suspect.
 

48 hour Royal Mail package booked for collection last Friday. No postman that day, so no collection. Collected last Saturday, finally arrived at London yesterday after moving around three different delivery offices in different parts of London.

 

Once a week or more we get no deliveries because it’s the postman’s day off and they choose, despite the requirements of the Universal Service Obligation to deliver on 6 days a week, not to cover the round.

 

A magazine that used to arrive on Tuesday now arrives 1, 2 or 3 days later, unless it’s sent first class.

 

Privatisation really working wonders for Royal Mail!

You never miss an opportunity Harry!

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

 

Unfortunately my Grandson has just had a few really bad days with lots of pain.

His doctor sent him to hospital for some tests, nothing new was found but they are increasing his medication again.

It seems that this dam Crohns is not going away even after the operation.

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry to hear this Eric.

Please give him our very best wishes.

Graham & Pauline.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Mixed feelings about AO... 

We have had multiple items from them without issue, but our last 2 dealings have been a nightmare. 

The sub contract delivery people they are using down here just don't seem to give a monkeys.

Our freezer turned up at 11.15 at night, despite our slot being 2-5 and our vacuum cleaner didn't arrive at all but they swore it was delivered and even signed the document in my name.. 

We have a 'Ring' doorbell that records, so could prove they had never entered our street that day. 

They did send another one weeks later... 

Andy 

 

Last couple of purchases were with John Lewis and we received excellent service and early delivery plus a long guarantee.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Yes, I was just giving my experience - it was just conversational, I wasn’t expecting any in depth analysis 🤷‍♀️
 

My post mentioned I had two bad experiences with AO, not just the one, which is why I gave up on them. AO are a retailer, therefore in my first purchase, it is their responsibility to sell me an appliance that worked when I switched it on for the first time. 

If they were just a delivery company, my second poor experience related to delivery, so they failed on that score too. 
 


 

 

 

 


The post isn’t very good at all. I thought it was ok but I had 2 birthday cards 4 days late! They only came from 2 or 3 miles away! I text my friends to thank them and they both said they’d sent them in plenty of time! I was thinking they’d forgotten and I bet they were wondering why I hadn’t thanked them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, brian1 said:

Yes,a border town called Chiasso next to Como.Getting cold already, single figures,driving thru the Alps tomorrow into the Alsace.Only 4 hr drive today.Not as equally spaced as I wanted but a lot of rentals are closed so have to make do,cheers,bro.

After yesterday's long haul it might be better to have a shorter drive today, considering your age and all that😁 I'm sure the drive through the Alps will be beautiful, and it'll get you acclimatised for when you get home, you'll certainly need it. Take care bro.

Sis

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Last couple of purchases were with John Lewis and we received excellent service and early delivery plus a long guarantee.

Morning Graham. How’s the speech today?

 

We always used John Lewis in the past, and still do to some extent, but the customer service has become very poor over recent years.

 

For audio and TV Richer Sounds provides much better service these days in our experience. Much more knowledgeable staff, generally lower prices, and a free 6 year warranty instead of the JL 5 years. Nice people to deal with, and it’s very interesting to compare their reviews on Trustpilot (4.7, Excellent) with John Lewis (2.0, Poor).

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Last couple of purchases were with John Lewis and we received excellent service and early delivery plus a long guarantee.


John works for Waitrose part of the ‘partnership’ - I will tell him as he’s always moaning about them 😀 Really sad John Lewis could be closing  more stores, I couldn’t believe the brand new one in Birmingham is closing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Not working well anywhere I suspect.
 

Privatisation really working wonders for Royal Mail!

No problems for me after privatisation (not that I thought it was the best idea). It's covid wot done it here.

 

Perhaps they're all working from home.😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Ok, thank you for asking. 

We have had to close the retail store, but we were fairly booked up until Christmas anyway, but nothing else has changed much. The Commercial side is unaffected and we are still able to visit peoples homes, which we do as safely as possible, but it still doesn't make any sense to me...

Lets just hope we can get back to some sort of normality ASAP. 

Andy 

   

Glad to hear your still busy Andy , at least the vaccines should be here and looking 

at the national figures, the infection rate seems to be falling and with a bit of luck 

the shop will be allowed to reopen soon I hope.

Keep Michelle & yourself safe Andy ,some sort of normality is just around the corner.:classic_smile:

 

PS  Reading the papers this morning and it seems now is not a good time to be a Mistletoe

farmer :classic_unsure:

 

32 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

You never miss an opportunity Harry!

 

Has he become a part time postie :classic_wink::classic_unsure:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:


John works for Waitrose part of the ‘partnership’ - I will tell him as he’s always moaning about them 😀 Really sad John Lewis could be closing  more stores, I couldn’t believe the brand new one in Birmingham is closing.

Waitrose is still a pleasure. Lovely staff, good food, and their delivery service works well for us.

 

I could imagine a day coming when Waitrose might be the only bricks and mortar part of John Lewis left, with the rest online only trying to compete, perhaps unsuccessfully, with Amazon.

 

I could also imagine a scenario in which John Lewis and M&S sold off and merged their food operations into one separate entity. They’re probably the only profitable parts of the two businesses.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

No problems for me after privatisation (not that I thought it was the best idea). It's covid wot done it here.

 

Perhaps they're all working from home.😉


Yes COVID is the excuse as obviously they have more people off sick then usual or the knock on effect of people having to self isolate for 2 weeks at a time. Then there is the added pressure of school children being sent home and parents having to stay off to look after them. It’s a nightmare for employers I should imagine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

Waitrose is still a pleasure. Lovely staff, good food, and their delivery service works well for us.

 

I could imagine a day coming when Waitrose might be the only bricks and mortar part of John Lewis left, with the rest online only trying to compete, perhaps unsuccessfully, with Amazon.

 

I could also imagine a scenario in which John Lewis and M&S sold off and merged their food operations into one separate entity. They’re probably the only profitable parts of the two businesses.


Glad to hear your good experiences Harry. I thought his job was safe being in the food arm but he is worried, rumours are doing the rounds 😞

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Morning Graham. How’s the speech today?

 

We always used John Lewis in the past, and still do to some extent, but the customer service has become very poor over recent years.

 

For audio and TV Richer Sounds provides much better service these days in our experience. Much more knowledgeable staff, generally lower prices, and a free 6 year warranty instead of the JL 5 years. Nice people to deal with, and it’s very interesting to compare their reviews on Trustpilot (4.7, Excellent) with John Lewis (2.0, Poor).

Thanks Harry my voice is still a little rough but better than a few days ago.

Our last 2 purchases were a washing machine and a dish washer.

Paulines not very nice sister works for Currys so we wouldn't buy from them even for a cheaper price.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising.co.uk
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...