P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

45 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I liked the odd walk in Minster in Sheppey when my husband was off but I’m not going that away again while the figures are so high.

I live there!! 

Yes the figures are awful  This is a  very tight knit community,  only 35k+ on the Island. Some here have rarely been off the Island, which is hard to believe.

People are saying they don't know anyone who has it.     When we have had a socially distanced walk everyone seems to be sticking to the rules.  We wonder what the figures are in our three prisons and if they are added in.  Rumour has it they are suffering badly in there

I think our figures were quite low a few weeks ago, so we must be careful and not complacent as things can change so quickly

• Like 2

I like to use this table each day to see the rates of infection .

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1APtcBmI4JeTR0Ysufjavgg2gy4MBiHz0Hf9eKIp5BSo/edit#gid=1865138965

A quick scroll down the right hand side and the chart is full of green as opposed to a week

ago where it was almost all red , which is a good thing .

When I have a glance at the newspaper headlines and their charts , it does not make good reading .

Comparing back to mid May the death figures are still climbing ,last Sunday 168 compared to this Sunday is 257.They also add another 141 what the Government say they had a process error yesterday , so now added onto todays figure making it 398 for today .

The papers are also using headlines such as "Christmas is saved" 

The four nation leaders have had their heads together (Covid did not attend this meeting:classic_unsure:)

They are tipping you can sit in a pub for a hour more over Christmas.

There is also talk of up to four family bubbles allowed to join up as well, in your home or even in the pub  remains to be seen .

Canada had a go at something like this at Thanksgiving  and it did not go that well,

a few weeks later ,with their infection rates rising again .

Whatever happens with our bubbles or even size of them , lets hope the New Year is not full of red arrows on the chart above . I hope not for all our sakes .

Stay safe everyone :classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, brian1 said:

These are photos as promised.There's was a great view over lake Lucerne but a bit awkward my oh leaning over me at 80mph taking shots.20201122_090533.thumb.jpg.5f5da4c7938719ec7bae6f405a2889c1.jpg20201122_092527.thumb.jpg.fe9a3109a2ad5abd892d9cabfe277424.jpg20201122_101346.thumb.jpg.edda16a5b6171931425bdae9819478c6.jpg

Can you just nip back and retake the first photo Brian as it looks a bit out of focus to me :classic_unsure:

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Next summer is looking a lot more promising.

I hope you are right Harry.. 

Putting up the Christmas tree this weekend made us realise how much we miss cruising... Bear with me... 😊

We usually do a Christmas Market cruise, but forgot how many of our decorations come from the European markets and shops we have visited. 

A snow globe from Tivoli in Copenhagen, a Carousel from the market outside the Rathaus in Hamburg and various tree decorations from Brugge, Amsterdam, Oslo etc.. 

Hopefully, if we have some normality by the summer, our December cruise on Iona is a real possibility... 

Andy 

• Like 6

Just been thinking -- when we took our Christmas tree down Jan 1st 2020 I had a bad feeling  ... was really down that day as I just thought it wasn't going to be good this year.

When we put the tree up in a few weeks time and take the dust off all of the Christmas decorations etc etc  we will get pickled. We got to the end of this year against lots of hurdles and we will make sure that we celebrate this Christmas and year end like no other (God willing)

Looking forward to celebrating this one with my CC P&O family ------ we can all do a socially distanced hug at Chistmas and New Year's Eve xx 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

These are photos as promised.There's was a great view over lake Lucerne but a bit awkward my oh leaning over me at 80mph taking shots.20201122_090533.thumb.jpg.5f5da4c7938719ec7bae6f405a2889c1.jpg20201122_092527.thumb.jpg.fe9a3109a2ad5abd892d9cabfe277424.jpg20201122_101346.thumb.jpg.edda16a5b6171931425bdae9819478c6.jpg

Stunning views. Taking pictures at 80mph on those roads, it's no surprise the first one is a little wobbly. 😉 Look forward to the next update bro.  Both take care and stay safe.

Sis

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

I hope you are right Harry.. 

Putting up the Christmas tree this weekend made us realise how much we miss cruising... Bear with me... 😊

We usually do a Christmas Market cruise, but forgot how many of our decorations come from the European markets and shops we have visited. 

A snow globe from Tivoli in Copenhagen, a Carousel from the market outside the Rathaus in Hamburg and various tree decorations from Brugge, Amsterdam, Oslo etc.. 

Hopefully, if we have some normality by the summer, our December cruise on Iona is a real possibility... 

Andy 

We have that to come when we put up the tree. Part of the baubles we put up are Royal Caribbean key rings. Quiz prizes. We get better quiz prizes on Brittany Ferries. Perhaps we won so many quizes (3) that they felt obligated to invite us to join in the virtual inauguration of their new ship, Galicia.🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Brian beautiful photos of snow capped mountains, I love snow and lots of it , have a good drive tomorrow is it your last leg , will you be in the uk ? 

Ive been very busy today because my beach hut got broken into last night and they made themselves very comfy for the night drinking my champagne and wine and eating crisps and biscuits and smoking!!!  It was a complete mess this morning and stunk to high heaven we had to completely empty it t9 bring everything home to wash and sterilise, funny thing was nothing was stolen except wet wipes, they could of took the binoculars, radio, blue tooth speaker, night lights etc but no , they actually left a leather back pack with phone charger in and a set of house keys and a few other dirty bits 😡😡 so now it’s all doubled pad locked and empty.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We have that to come when we put up the tree. Part of the baubles we put up are Royal Caribbean key rings. Quiz prizes. We get better quiz prizes on Brittany Ferries. Perhaps we won so many quizes (3) that they felt obligated to invite us to join in the virtual inauguration of their new ship, Galicia.🤔

Wot! no P&O pencils 😉

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Brian beautiful photos of snow capped mountains, I love snow and lots of it , have a good drive tomorrow is it your last leg , will you be in the uk ? 

Ive been very busy today because my beach hut got broken into last night and they made themselves very comfy for the night drinking my champagne and wine and eating crisps and biscuits and smoking!!!  It was a complete mess this morning and stunk to high heaven we had to completely empty it t9 bring everything home to wash and sterilise, funny thing was nothing was stolen except wet wipes, they could of took the binoculars, radio, blue tooth speaker, night lights etc but no , they actually left a leather back pack with phone charger in and a set of house keys and a few other dirty bits 😡😡 so now it’s all doubled pad locked and empty.

Oh dear what a shock

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Perhaps I'm unusual, but why on earth would you leave champagne and wine in, let's face it, a garden shed? I think you have got away lightly  - the intruders could have a done a lot worse.

And why leave other items of value in your hut? Anyway, a lesson learnt.

6 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Since this current lockdown started we’ve been out once to a shop because I needed my eczema cream from Boots. We also had a take away coffee for the walk home, which was exciting! We allowed a couple of delivery men in to deliver our new TV, but apart from that we’ve been very distant from the world. 

I’m almost certain we’ll go into the highest tier when lockdown ends. I think one of the reasons Swale is so high is due to the prison on Sheppey, but it’s a bit alarming seeing the figures. We used to walk to Hartlip during the first lockdown, so I know exactly where the Medway/Swale border is. I imagine the virus loitering on the border, waiting to jump on anybody who steps over into Swale! 

Yes I think we’ll be in tier 3 as well. If the figures are high due to the prison in Swale it makes me feel a bit more re-assured it’s not lurking in the streets!

If Boris opens everything in his speech tomorrow surely the rates will all be high again by Christmas.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Oh no that’s awful. Do you think they knew you had drinks etc in there? Seems odd they didn’t steal the expensive items. Have you gone to the police? I know they don’t show much interest in these crimes but they’ve left possible evidence.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Perhaps I'm unusual, but why on earth would you leave champagne and wine in, let's face it, a garden shed? I think you have got away lightly  - the intruders could have a done a lot worse.

And why leave other items of value in your hut? Anyway, a lesson learnt.

That’s a bit harsh Wowzz. People leave very expensive items in sheds! It was locked by the sounds of it and anyway they shouldn’t have broken in!

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Sorry to hear that,those beach huts look quite cosy.We've walked past some in Eastbourne,quite a few mod cons in them.4.5 hrs to Calais and 1.5 home from Folkestone.Glad the snow stayed where it was,lol.Last year in December it was a bit slippery but unlike us, Europe has a megafleet of gritting trucks.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Stunning views. Taking pictures at 80mph on those roads, it's no surprise the first one is a little wobbly. 😉 Look forward to the next update bro.  Both take care and stay safe.

Sis

Hi sis,we don't have internet in UK and rely on a dongle and have to isolate also but will try and post from somewhere,cheers,bro.

7 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Sorry to hear that. It's a horrible thing to happen, and an unpleasant clearing up job.  Hope you soon recover from the shock.   😒

• Like 7

What a good start to the week, with the Oxford/AstraZenica vaccine coming out well from its trials

Thanks again to Josy & Pete who we know have taken part in the trials, and to all the other volunteers we will never know

Hope you both got the vaccine not the placebo

• Like 12

8 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Sorry to hear this.

Fortunately nothing was stolen but annoying it was left a stinky mess.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Yes I think we’ll be in tier 3 as well. If the figures are high due to the prison in Swale it makes me feel a bit more re-assured it’s not lurking in the streets!

If Boris opens everything in his speech tomorrow surely the rates will all be high again by Christmas.

I think it will be tier 3 next door in Medway as well, at least i won't have to make excuses when being pestered to go to the pub

Edited by davecttr
  • Like 3