P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Yes I think we’ll be in tier 3 as well. If the figures are high due to the prison in Swale it makes me feel a bit more re-assured it’s not lurking in the streets!

If Boris opens everything in his speech tomorrow surely the rates will all be high again by Christmas.

Dan Jarvis is saying that South Yorkshire will stay in tier 3 as well even though cases here are falling. I think it's a good call, papering over the cracks just doesn't work. 

Avril

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

What a good start to the week, with the Oxford/AstraZenica vaccine coming out well from its trials

Thanks again to Josy & Pete who we know have taken part in the trials, and to all the other volunteers we will never know

Hope you both got the vaccine not the placebo

We may never know what we had. 

We are both involved in the Novavax trial. Next appointment is this Friday when, having had two doses of something over the last 7 weeks, they will take a blood sample presumably to look for antibodies. Hopefully those who have had the vaccine will have a higher level of antibodies than when they gave an initial sample 7 weeks earlier, but those who have had the placebo will not. This will be crucial to them and should mean that they are getting closer to reporting on the efficacy of the vaccine.

As Josy happens to have her appointment the same morning, our paths may social distantly cross, probably without either of us being aware. 😊

• Like 2

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Hi sis,we don't have internet in UK and rely on a dongle and have to isolate also but will try and post from somewhere,cheers,bro.

Pleased your safely coming to the end of your journey bro and welcome back. I hope your family are still well and you can get to see them soon. I hope you can still keep in touch with your CC friends. Stay safe.

Sis

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

What a good start to the week, with the Oxford/AstraZenica vaccine coming out well from its trials

Thanks again to Josy & Pete who we know have taken part in the trials, and to all the other volunteers we will never know

Hope you both got the vaccine not the placebo

I hope that we did get the vaccine but we will never know.  I am pleased that so many people have actually taken part in the various trials because it is such an important part of the process to get a viable vaccine.  We are on the Novavax trial, not the Pfizer or Astra Zenica ones.

I am feeling annoyed this morning, our council leader was on the tv this morning saying that although we have one of the biggest rates of infection she has written to Matt Hancock asking him not to impose high level restrictions, she needs to realise that we have people dying from this virus and because of the covidiots that we have who don't wear masks or don't wear them properly it is a spreading here and we need the  restrictions to stop it. (Rant over for today).

Pete and I will both be at the covid trial at the same time frame on Friday so may be in the same socially distanced room at the same but won't know.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 5

10 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Brian beautiful photos of snow capped mountains, I love snow and lots of it , have a good drive tomorrow is it your last leg , will you be in the uk ? 

Ive been very busy today because my beach hut got broken into last night and they made themselves very comfy for the night drinking my champagne and wine and eating crisps and biscuits and smoking!!!  It was a complete mess this morning and stunk to high heaven we had to completely empty it t9 bring everything home to wash and sterilise, funny thing was nothing was stolen except wet wipes, they could of took the binoculars, radio, blue tooth speaker, night lights etc but no , they actually left a leather back pack with phone charger in and a set of house keys and a few other dirty bits 😡😡 so now it’s all doubled pad locked and empty.

Sorry to hear you had "visitors" at you beach hut, but luckily nothing was taken. 

As they left items there it makes me wonder if they were planning to come back. I hope not.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Dan Jarvis is saying that South Yorkshire will stay in tier 3 as well even though cases here are falling. I think it's a good call, papering over the cracks just doesn't work. 

Avril

I imagine West Yorkshire will definitely be in tier 3, although it will make little difference to us.  However I do hope that most people continue to observe social distancing during any Xmas break that Boris allows us, or am I once again being too optimistic?

11 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Brian beautiful photos of snow capped mountains, I love snow and lots of it , have a good drive tomorrow is it your last leg , will you be in the uk ? 

Ive been very busy today because my beach hut got broken into last night and they made themselves very comfy for the night drinking my champagne and wine and eating crisps and biscuits and smoking!!!  It was a complete mess this morning and stunk to high heaven we had to completely empty it t9 bring everything home to wash and sterilise, funny thing was nothing was stolen except wet wipes, they could of took the binoculars, radio, blue tooth speaker, night lights etc but no , they actually left a leather back pack with phone charger in and a set of house keys and a few other dirty bits 😡😡 so now it’s all doubled pad locked and empty.

Digusting. Why can people not keep out of other people's property ?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

I imagine West Yorkshire will definitely be in tier 3, although it will make little difference to us.  However I do hope that most people continue to observe social distancing during any Xmas break that Boris allows us, or am I once again being too optimistic?

I'm quite looking forward to a quiet, old-fashioned Christmas again. I'm only thankful we're here to celebrate it, lockdown or not, millions aren't that lucky. That's my little piece of optimism John😉

Avril

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Sorry to hear about your break in and I hope you have reported it to the police as 

you should be handing in the bag & keys anyway .

If i may offer you some helpful advice ,I would get a cheap alarm that is motion detector.

We bought one years ago and it covers our kitchen door .AS well as the alarm mode it has 

a built in  alert very loud " Bee -Bop " sound should you walk past it . 

I have put a link below for illustration purposes to show you what I bought , they can be

bought at many DIY shops and they are cheap to buy . Also put up an Alarm warning sign 

and the local scum will drift on by and if they did not it would get a bit noisy :classic_wink:

https://www.wish.com/product/5ee1a91e20cc7a107a83ea04?hide_login_modal=true&from_ad=goog_shopping&_display_country_code=GB&_force_currency_code=GBP&pid=googleadwords_int&c={campaignId}&ad_cid=5ee1a91e20cc7a107a83ea04&ad_cc=GB&ad_curr=GBP&ad_price=9.00&campaign_id=6493229882&exclude_install=true&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7Pev0a6Y7QIVMYBQBh0BiAK9EAQYBSABEgLIX_D_BwE&share=web

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Pete and I will both be at the covid trial at the same time frame on Friday so may be in the same socially distanced room at the same but won't know.

To mix threads, it is as likely that we will be using pineapple emblems as identification as it is P&O getting Oriana and Oceana back to do Christmas cruises this year 😊😇

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, pete14 said:

To mix threads, it is as likely that we will be using pineapple emblems as identification as it is P&O getting Oriana and Oceana back to do Christmas cruises this year 😊😇

You will be able to recognise me, I will wear the P&O slippers that we never use but OH insists on bringing home if I don't stop him. 😂😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

We have started to prepare for Chistmas by going to the wine warehouse this morning to stock up,.  The only problem was that as usual we bought far more than we should.  Now we will have to drink some of it before Christmas.  The Christmas trip to the wine warehouse is far more important than conforming with our neighbours and putting up the lights outside 😇😇

Edited by Josy1953
Spelling
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We have started to prepare for Chistmas by going to the wine warehouse this morning to stock up,.  The only problem was that as usual we bought far more than we should.  Now we will have to drink some of it before Christmas.  The Christmas trip to the wine warehouse is far more important than conforming with our neighbours and putting up the lights outside 😇😇

Ours was ordered by phone on Saturday. The longer it takes to be delivered, the more will be left for Christmas. 🥴

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Ours was ordered by phone on Saturday. The longer it takes to be delivered, the more will be left for Christmas. 🥴

The good thing about a little trip out is that Stone is only 5 miles away and we get to taste a few so that we can then confidently buy ones that we haven't tried before.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I stocked up in Tesco 25% of six bottles or more, then 15% off again! 

3 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I stocked up in Tesco 25% of six bottles or more, then 15% off again! 

I ordered mine at Asda with the same deal, 25% off 6 bottles of Moscato. A little while ago I also found where I could order Bulletin Zinfandel (memories of our P&O cruises) so I ordered 6 bottles of that as well and tucked it away for Christmas. 

Avril

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I ordered mine at Asda with the same deal, 25% off 6 bottles of Moscato. A little while ago I also found where I could order Bulletin Zinfandel (memories of our P&O cruises) so I ordered 6 bottles of that as well and tucked it away for Christmas. 

Avril

I believe that my favourite P&O wine - Velvet Devil is available at Costco (or it was last Christmas). Amongst what I ordered at the weekend is a case of what I hope is a very nice Argentinian Malbec. 😀 If it is not as nice as I hope, I can always use it for presents 🥴

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

The good thing about a little trip out is that Stone is only 5 miles away and we get to taste a few so that we can then confidently buy ones that we haven't tried before.

I live in Stone and have done for 29yrs and didnt know we had a wine warehouse. Just shows how much I drink.

• Like 1

1191540002_Christmasdrink.gif.9c921a4934ff9a31e174a8ad1b1a20a1.gif 

I'm so glad to see you guys are being sensible with the wines you have bought .

Just the odd glass full and then put it away until Christmas , eh  ??  :classic_unsure:

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

I live in Stone and have done for 29yrs and didnt know we had a wine warehouse. Just shows how much I drink.

Whitebridge wines on the Whitebridge Estate.  We get all of our wine there, a bit more expensive than the supermarkets but a great selection of really good wines and they are very helpful if you are looking for something for a special occassion.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wowzz said:

Perhaps I'm unusual, but why on earth would you leave champagne and wine in, let's face it, a garden shed? I think you have got away lightly  - the intruders could have a done a lot worse.

And why leave other items of value in your hut? Anyway, a lesson learnt.

I quite understand where your coming from wowzz but I always have champagne in because we drink a lot of it , it wasn’t expensive champagne that’s left at home 😉 but I have all sorts to cater for any visitors which normally is my daughter’s and when we go down for supper, but lately not been drinking it and no visitors so been sat there a while and thinking about it I should off brought it home , as you say lesson learned and it’s now all at home , yes the police were informed but not really interested and the sea front rangers dealt with it as it’s not my beach hut I rent it off the council and just found out there’s been a few broken into along the top , also just realised my spare fleece jacket got stolen too , I’m not too worried about it I would give anybody who’s homeless and cold my jacket if they asked or needed it , it’s just annoying what they did , but my hut is all nice and sparkling sterilised clean now with just the basics for the winter period 

champagne replaced by hot chocolate 😁

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

I quite understand where your coming from wowzz but I always have champagne in because we drink a lot of it , it wasn’t expensive champagne that’s left at home 😉 but I have all sorts to cater for any visitors which normally is my daughter’s and when we go down for supper, but lately not been drinking it and no visitors so been sat there a while and thinking about it I should off brought it home , as you say lesson learned and it’s now all at home , yes the police were informed but not really interested and the sea front rangers dealt with it as it’s not my beach hut I rent it off the council and just found out there’s been a few broken into along the top , also just realised my spare fleece jacket got stolen too , I’m not too worried about it I would give anybody who’s homeless and cold my jacket if they asked or needed it , it’s just annoying what they did , but my hut is all nice and sparkling sterilised clean now with just the basics for the winter period 

I came over a bit churlish in my original post, for which I apologise. I just thought it strange to leave Champagne in a beach hut - no chance of leaving Champagne when Mrs W is around.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Whitebridge wines on the Whitebridge Estate.  We get all of our wine there, a bit more expensive than the supermarkets but a great selection of really good wines and they are very helpful if you are looking for something for a special occassion.

You learn something every day. Thanks.

26 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Most years ( but not this ) we go to a hotel for new year that , I guess isn't too far from your hut. Up a bit, that's the one. Last year I was looking out of the window waiting for DW to put her finery on. We were there 3 nights, I noticed someone walk up to a car, remove a bag and trot off. I told reception. A bit later I saw the owner at his car and told him. It's only the wine and champagne he said. Let's hope it was a homeless person at least they will have a happy new year. What a different attitude.

What was the name of that Canadian white wine made from frozen grapes? They had it in Ventura and Azura, I really liked that 🥴 hic!

Otherwise it is going to have to be Cava -so so

I am not a wine buff but enjoyed the wine testing course on board Ventura

As it is just me it will be some Riesling, Shiraz, Cava and I already have the bottle of vintage port to go with the cheese.

• Like 1