P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I have been waiting for a vaccine for such a long time and now I get form the news that we are about to try it only in February next year. I mean seriously. I spent so much time at home waiting for some good news and still it turns out I have to wait a little more longer lol 

Just now, kalos said:

Wait a little longer for the vaccine ?  :classic_unsure:

Think back to your wife, your children ..

Some things in your life were worth waiting for Rodger ! 

Not long now :classic_smile:

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I have been waiting for a vaccine for such a long time and now I get form the news that we are about to try it only in February next year. I mean seriously. I spent so much time at home waiting for some good news and still it turns out I have to wait a little more longer lol 

That's interesting Roger, because in some of your other posts you said you weren't going to have the vaccine, as it would mess up your DNA !

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, davecttr said:

What was the name of that Canadian white wine made from frozen grapes? They had it in Ventura and Azura, I really liked that 🥴 hic!

Otherwise it is going to have to be Cava -so so

I am not a wine buff but enjoyed the wine testing course on board Ventura

As it is just me it will be some Riesling, Shiraz, Cava and I already have the bottle of vintage port to go with the cheese.

Dave are you talking about Ice wine made from frozen grapes ,very sweet and a after dinner wine , I tried looking it up but to many to mention here I didn’t try it on the ships so not sure which one you had , try Googling it and you may see it on the list of wines 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Dave are you talking about Ice wine made from frozen grapes ,very sweet and a after dinner wine , I tried looking it up but to many to mention here I didn’t try it on the ships so not sure which one you had , try Googling it and you may see it on the list of wines 

It’s Peller Ice Wine,  isn’t it?

A nice treat

Hope you can find some 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, davecttr said:

What was the name of that Canadian white wine made from frozen grapes? They had it in Ventura and Azura, I really liked that 🥴 hic!

I think they serve Peller Estates onboard such as this example:

Nv Ice Cuvée Sparkling, PELLER ESTATES, Niagara/Canada, chardonnay, pinot noir, SPARKLING WHITE: Amazon.co.uk: Beer, Wine & Spirits

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We have started to prepare for Chistmas by going to the wine warehouse this morning to stock up,.  The only problem was that as usual we bought far more than we should.  Now we will have to drink some of it before Christmas.  The Christmas trip to the wine warehouse is far more important than conforming with our neighbours and putting up the lights outside 😇😇

Is it in Stone?

7 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

The good thing about a little trip out is that Stone is only 5 miles away and we get to taste a few so that we can then confidently buy ones that we haven't tried before.

Not Whitebridge ??? 

If so we may have met up in the wine tastings of the past and if not yet one day in the future 😉

This could turn in to a 'Let's recommend a good wine' thread --- hic

6 hours ago, pete14 said:

I believe that my favourite P&O wine - Velvet Devil is available at Costco (or it was last Christmas). Amongst what I ordered at the weekend is a case of what I hope is a very nice Argentinian Malbec. 😀 If it is not as nice as I hope, I can always use it for presents 🥴

Ohhhhh we love Velvet Devil --- not really red wine people apart from this one !!!!! 

We still have our tasting notes from last year at Whitebridge --- it would have been this weekend too 😞

41 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Not Whitebridge ??? 

If so we may have met up in the wine tastings of the past and if not yet one day in the future 😉

This could turn in to a 'Let's recommend a good wine' thread --- hic

Yes it is Whitebridge, we could have been at the same wine tastings in the past and hopefully in the future.

We usually go to the wine tasting and then go to Pasta de Piazza for a meal.

13 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Yes it is Whitebridge, we could have been at the same wine tastings in the past and hopefully in the future.

We usually go to the wine tasting and then go to Pasta de Piazza for a meal.

How weird is that ... we have done the tastings and gone to The Wayfarer. One day we can do the tastings together. 

3 hours ago, davecttr said:

Otherwise it is going to have to be Cava -so so

I am not a wine buff but enjoyed the wine testing course on board Ventura

As it is just me it will be some Riesling, Shiraz, Cava and I already have the bottle of vintage port to go with the cheese.

If you liked that one, you could try a German Eiswein perhaps - supermarkets rarely have it, though Waitrose have had one, and I did once find some in Aldi.  Really good for a treat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Ohhhhh we love Velvet Devil --- not really red wine people apart from this one !!!!! 

We still have our tasting notes from last year at Whitebridge --- it would have been this weekend too 😞

I never drink red wine but was recommended a Pinot Noir and a Caymus Cabernet Sauvignon.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I never drink red wine but was recommended a Pinot Noir and a Caymus Cabernet Sauvignon.

I seldom drink anything but red wine, there are so many different reds that I enjoy, with subtly different tastes all of which I find extremely palatable, and lots of choice without breaking the bank.

But I find most popular whites to be either too dry or too sweet, there seems nothing in between unless you are willing to pay way over the odds.  Maybe the story told to us by the BASF wine cellar sommelier over lunch in their visitors dining room was true, he said that Germany only exports its rubbish, and keeps its best wines for home consumption.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I seldom drink anything but red wine, there are so many different reds that I enjoy, with subtly different tastes all of which I find extremely palatable, and lots of choice without breaking the bank.

But I find most popular whites to be either too dry or too sweet, there seems nothing in between unless you are willing to pay way over the odds.  Maybe the story told to us by the BASF wine cellar sommelier over lunch in their visitors dining room was true, he said that Germany only exports its rubbish, and keeps its best wines for home consumption.

I rarely drink alcohol now.

My favourite is hoppy beer(Old Speckled hen) or a

New Zealand Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc.

A nice Prosecco makes a refreshing change.

The CDC is raising its COVID-19 warning on cruise ships to its highest level, saying everyone should avoid going on a cruise, worldwide.

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/cruise-ship-cdc-warning/index.html

I know this doesn’t apply here, but it may influence the FCO in its decision making on whether to change advice here. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 2