P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

13 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Yes

It’s not cold though.  Don’t tell the Chancellor 

Did you not her that the winter allowance will now be based on the ambient temperature, so basically cut out the middle man and just send your on to me 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Day 18 means according to all I have read that you are well out of the woods.🎉

Hopefully your voice comes back soon.

Thanks Eglesbrech.

I tried to help Pauline and emptied the dishwasher.

After several visits between the Utility and Kitchen and putting everything away I felt a little light headed and had to lie down for 10 minutes but feel okay now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Ive tried Cardhu but not that particular one. I must give it a try, I tend to enjoy Speyside (who am I kidding, I like most decent drams).

At the moment Adsa have it on special offer at half price, but I don't know for how long. Needless to say I took advantage😉 Frank loves a good single malt and has sampled quite a few over the years, but he says that this one is the best he's tasted 'without a doubt' (his words)

Avril

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Eglesbrech.

After several visits between the Utility and Kitchen and putting everything away I felt a little light headed and had to lie down for 10 minutes but feel okay now.

I’m sure Pauline won’t want you doing too much, she will just be happy you are improving so well.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

At the moment Adsa have it on special offer at half price, but I don't know for how long. Needless to say I took advantage😉 Frank loves a good single malt and has sampled quite a few over the years, but he says that this one is the best he's tasted 'without a doubt' (his words)

Avril

Opening Asda as we speak to add my order.

I tried  to get the Laphroig which was on special last week but while it allowed me to order it, it didn’t come.

7 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I’m sure Pauline won’t want you doing too much, she will just be happy you are improving so well.

She was working from home in the garden Room and said to do nothing so she won't know until she comes back in that I emptied the dishwasher.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Eglesbrech.

You've been really ill Graham and it's going to take some time to get your strength back, and you need to rest and take it easy. I know how fed up you must be feeling, but at our young age it takes us a bit longer before we can get back to normal again😊

Avril

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I tried  to get the Laphroig which was on special last week but while it allowed me to order it, it didn’t come.

Are you sure you were old enough to order it?😉

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Laphroig is my husband’s favourite - I usually buy him a bottle for Christmas.

23 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Are you sure you were old enough to order it?😉

Avril

Well the last order I got from Amazon (wanted a decent Sherry I can’t get elsewhere) they “demanded” a photo I.D to check my age. I could have been the delivery drivers grandmother! But still he wanted to see my  I.d.

Sometimes rules can be just too inflexible to the point of being just silly. While I do think I look ok for my age there is no doubt I am old enough to buy alcohol ( by very, very, many years)

• Like 3

Apropos of nothing at all on this thread - I have just had a delivery from DHL (I think the first I have had) and I was 137 on his delivery list!  He left wherever at 8 a.m., and arrived here  at 7 p.m.  In his shorts!  I hope I was near the end of his list, strikes me as a lot of work for a chap for one day?  And presumably has quite a long drive back.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Hi Eglesbrech

Are  you sure it’s not Nanny State Scotland stopping you from get an offer on alcohol?

i returned to Scotland earlier this year and never fail to be amazed that virtually every alcohol deal excludes Scotland because of the minimum unit pricing rules?

1 hour ago, gadabout60 said:

Hi Eglesbrech

Are  you sure it’s not Nanny State Scotland stopping you from get an offer on alcohol?

i returned to Scotland earlier this year and never fail to be amazed that virtually every alcohol deal excludes Scotland because of the minimum unit pricing rules?

It doesn’t really affect whisky, except perhaps at the real rot gut end as most malts are well above the minimum price per unit. 

You are however quite right that we miss out on most deals because of our near prohibition tax. The lockdown rules here are even more nanny state when it comes to alcohol.

41 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

It doesn’t really affect whisky, except perhaps at the real rot gut end as most malts are well above the minimum price per unit. 

You are however quite right that we miss out on most deals because of our near prohibition tax. The lockdown rules here are even more nanny state when it comes to alcohol.

The more pertinent question is why Scotland has an alcohol problem at all, with saintly Nicola in charge surely all Scots should be happy and sober, as well as bright eyed and bushy tailed. 😋😎

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

I’m amazed that alcohol plays such a part in people’s lives. Regular drinking of alcohol at home isn’t really part of our culture around here and doesn’t feature heavily in our social lives either as we have to drive everywhere. 

Shurely a nice glassh of red goesh down a treat, after a hard daysh work,  hic? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

I’m amazed that alcohol plays such a part in people’s lives. Regular drinking of alcohol at home isn’t really part of our culture around here and doesn’t feature heavily in our social lives either as we have to drive everywhere. 

No-one is advocating drinking to excess but there is no crime in relaxing with a glass or two of wine or whatever your tipple is

I personally find it odd that when I lived in England I could take advantage of the offers that many supermarkets had to buy 6 bottles of wine with a 25% discount but these offers are not available in Scotland.

i appreciate that many people have an alcohol problem but personally I object to the Scottish government making these sorts of rules.

i am an adult and would like to be treated like one. Ludicrous that within the U.K. I could drive over the border and fill the car from a supermarket in England but pay more in Scotland

• Haha 1