P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

We're still waiting for the PandO calendar..... grrrrrr!!!

We didn't receive one for the first time in years so I emailed them and apparently it was because I "hadn't confirmed our loyalty communication preferences". 

We hadn't changed anything and all the relevant boxes are checked on our online profile so I've asked them to look at it again.

Have a look at your online profile and maybe try emailing loyalty@pocruises.com

2 minutes ago, DamianG said:

We didn't receive one for the first time in years so I emailed them and apparently it was because I "hadn't confirmed our loyalty communication preferences". 

We hadn't changed anything and all the relevant boxes are checked on our online profile so I've asked them to look at it again.

Have a look at your online profile and maybe try emailing loyalty@pocruises.com

Ah that might be it, I don't want stuff through the post.  That would be the reason.  I'm not changing that.  Enough garbage through the post.  I have my British Caledonian Airways calendar each year!!

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Am I supposed to have one of those or is it just high tiers ------- sorry, used the T word ---- mean in the loyalty programme 😉

If you can work out where ‘chezpete’ is, you can have mine.

• Haha 1

For a complete change of subject, I have just been watching a cookery programme that alleged people from Staffordshire ate gravy with their chips.🤢 As we have a sizeable Stoke contingent on here, I'm curious to know if this is correct?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

For a complete change of subject, I have just been watching a cookery programme that alleged people from Staffordshire ate gravy with their chips.🤢 As we have a sizeable Stoke contingent on here, I'm curious to know if this is correct?

You can get gravy or curry sauce with your chips at Fish & Chip shops in Sunderland and Durham.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Depends what you have with them, steak pie chips and gravy, yummy.

• Like 3

Sorry I keep interrupting the flow of this thread thanking people so I'm going to say one big thank you to everyone for welcoming me 🥰

In our house we sometimes have gravy with chips, I blame it on my husband's Yorkshire roots rather than my Lancashire roots but having been born and bred in Kent all my life I don't really know where that yummy habit came from 🤣

• Like 6

1 minute ago, yorkshirephil said:

Same in Yorkshire, although I have never had gravy on fish and chips, great on pies and sausage.

Pauline often gets gravy,salt and vinegar on her chips at our seaside.

Just vinegar on my fish and chips,no salt.

8 minutes ago, nicki-k said:

Sorry I keep interrupting the flow of this thread thanking people so I'm going to say one big thank you to everyone for welcoming me 🥰

In our house we sometimes have gravy with chips, I blame it on my husband's Yorkshire roots rather than my Lancashire roots but having been born and bred in Kent all my life I don't really know where that yummy habit came from 🤣

In certain areas the fish shops deep fry Mars bars and other chocolate bars.

45 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

I think it is more a Northern thing than a Staffordshire thing. With a nice steak and kidney pie and chips, gravy is pretty essential although curry sauce is also acceptable. I draw the line at gravy on fish but Mrs Pete and both ‘little’ petes are not so fussy. Curry sauce on fish is a different matter though. Gravy on Staffordshire oatcakes doesn’t really work though. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Happy New Year everyone

Welcome new posters

Happy Birthday, birthday people

I’m stiff and sore today after my encounter with black ice yesterday.  It didn’t hurt at all at the time.  I think a hot bath this afternoon should help.  It’s still very cold and frosty here, with a little easing forecast for the afternoon.  

We should have been boarding Iona tomorrow for back-to-backs to Iberian peninsula and Canaries.  😢

Whilst we are on birthday wishes, Happy Birthday to all racehorses, all of them a year older today.

16 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Salad cream goes well with chips

Been there done that! Had Gravy, peas, beans, curry, Chicken supreme sometimes

two of them at same time  . When it came to a tray take away from a chippy ,

I was not to fussed as long as it tasted good .:classic_smile:

• Like 2