P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

You've been conspicuous by your absence over the festivities bro. Hope all's well and you had a nice christmas. Now's my chance to wish you and yours a very Happy and Healthy New Year.🤗x

Sis

Sorry,I left out my honorary sis,Happy New Year to you and everyone here,cheers,bro.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Elderflower said:

Yes this used to happen to ours. It's not a combi boiler but the condenser pipes did not have lagging. Even with lagging the cold can get into the joins. A few kettles of boiling water poured over the pipes thawed the frozen condensation and the boiler worked fine.

Pat

Poured several kettles of hot water on pipe.

Unfortunately no joy.

Will just have to wait for engineer first call on Monday.☹️

21 minutes ago, kalos said:

That's the thing with  spelling mistakes.

You mix up two letters and your whole post is urined. :classic_unsure:

Predictive text can be worrying.

Pauline sent her best friend a text telling her she would stop herself.

The text said she would TOP herself and her friend rang her frantically.😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Oh really feel for you with that heating Graham - nightmare this time of the year. We are glad that when we had the central heating in we kept the gas fire in the lounge and it is a God send when we need that extra bit of warmth (and the cats adore it !). Seriously, take care if you are having to wait until Monday - seems like a long time to wait in this weather.

Josy - so sorry to read about your migraine. My mum used to suffer from them terribly and would have a blinding headache, sickness, her vision went and the other symptoms were almost like a stroke. Thankfully, neither my brother nor I have ever suffered with them to that extent, but really feel for anyone who does. Take care.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks.

We have 3 electric fan heaters on.

We have got fan heaters but I did buy a De'Longhi Radia 2kW Oil Filled Radiator

Which I have to say is not bad on the electric meter.

Would cost you just under £100 and ready to collect from that shop in Sunderland.

that says " Number  007 go to collection point B"

Very happy with ours , the only drawback is they smell a bit on first time running .

• Thanks 1

Just now, kalos said:

Would cost you just under £100 and ready to collect from that shop in Sunderland.

Very happy with ours , the only drawback is they smell a bit on first time running .

We had some of those oil filled radiators years ago in a flat we had for a year after we got married before we moved into our current house and they were warm but a little smelly.

In another, non-Covid, world, we should have happily boarded Iona and right now be sitting with our second glass of bubbly and nibbling pano-crumbed prawns (or waiting for the next batch to come from the galley; they always seem popular)

Ho hum

We have the same booking for next year too (goodness knows when we booked it ... I’ll look it up sometime). Wonder if we’ll go?

And, looking backwards, a year ago today we boarded Ventura for 35 glorious days to the Caribbean and Central America.  We are so lucky to have done that to fortify ourselves for the remainder of 2020

It’s a good thing we can’t know what’s waiting round the corner for us

Edited by Eddie99
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Oh really feel for you with that heating Graham - nightmare this time of the year. We are glad that when we had the central heating in we kept the gas fire in the lounge and it is a God send when we need that extra bit of warmth (and the cats adore it !). Seriously, take care if you are having to wait until Monday - seems like a long time to wait in this weather.

Josy - so sorry to read about your migraine. My mum used to suffer from them terribly and would have a blinding headache, sickness, her vision went and the other symptoms were almost like a stroke. Thankfully, neither my brother nor I have ever suffered with them to that extent, but really feel for anyone who does. Take care.

Thanks Presto.

This fire is being used now.

Graham.

16095931567396580943478705572518.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kalos said:

Weather update  ..The snow is falling again in Rotherham, on high ground anyway .

Temp still 0.C with chill  -4.C 

Very heavy snow here, the missis had her washing out and I happened to look up and could hardly see the house across the street. I think we are in for a fair dollop too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We had some of those oil filled radiators years ago in a flat we had for a year after we got married before we moved into our current house and they were warm but a little smelly.

Ours only on first running , never had a problem with it since .

They have moved on a lot since you got married.:classic_wink:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kalos said:

Weather update  ..The snow is falling again in Rotherham, on high ground anyway .

Temp still 0.C with chill  -4.C 

Heavy snow had been falling here since 12.30pm but has eased up now to a light dusting. On the plus side, it's our great-grandson's  first foray into the snow, and from the video we've just seen of him while it was  still snowing heavily, he's having the time of his life.😊

Avril

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, kalos said:

Ours only on first running , never had a problem with it since .

They have moved on a lot since you got married.:classic_wink:

We gave those oil filled radiators away 39 years ago.☹️😥

Edited by grapau27
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

In another, non-Covid, world, we should have happily boarded Iona and right now be sitting with our second glass of bubbly and nibbling pano-crumbed prawns (or waiting for the next batch to come from the galley; they always seem popular)

Ho hum

We have the same booking for next year too (goodness knows when we booked it ... I’ll look it up sometime). Wonder if we’ll go?

And, looking backwards, a year ago today we boarded Ventura for 35 glorious days to the Caribbean and Central America.  We are so lucky to have done that to fortify ourselves for the remainder of 2020

In that same world we would have been arriving at the Dolphin prior to embarking Arcadia tomorrow for her worldie........

Nothing on the books for this year, but booked and raring to go for Feb 2022.

• Like 5

We have wiped off our other potential 2021 cruise too.  (To us) it feels less stressy just to leave the calendar clear and see what the fates have in store

In a more serious tone, I am quite fearful of the next little while.  Cases are rising on a daily basis but it’s generally too early for Christmas gatherings to appear in the hospitalisation and death statistics.  We are told that Xmas and New Year cases are ‘baked in’ - nothing to stop them.  Health services are creaking.  Schools are scheduled to reopen outside London (even in Tier 4 areas) 😱

Be very careful everyone. Remember, the best way to avoid Covid is to behave as if you had it.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

We have wiped off our other potential 2021 cruise too.  (To us) it feels less stressy just to leave the calendar clear and see what the fates have in store

In a more serious tone, I am quite fearful of the next little while.  Cases are rising on a daily basis but it’s generally too early for Christmas gatherings to appear in the hospitalisation and death statistics.  We are told that Xmas and New Year cases are ‘baked in’ - nothing to stop them.  Health services are creaking.  Schools are scheduled to reopen outside London (even in Tier 4 areas) 😱

Be very careful everyone. Remember, the best way to avoid Covid is to behave as if you had it.

Good idea,I will stop in bed for another 4 weeks.

Fortunately Boris saw sense and stopped the 5 day Christmas jolly otherwise who knows what the covid19 figures would be in January.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Ho hum

We were also on that cruise a year ago. Seems like yesterday but also a lifetime ago, if that makes any sense!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Good morning everyone,. I hope that you all had a good time over New Year. l am back after spending new year's eve and day in bed unable to focus on anything due to a migraine.  I used to suffer very badly with migraines but hadn't had one for over 2 years so my medication had gone out of date and I had dumped it and not asked the doctor for a new supply so I had nothing to relieve it.  David went to the pharmacy and got some over the counter stuff but it was no use at all.  I now have to make an appointment to see the doc for a prescription again.

Oh no I feel your pain. I suffer from migraines and I have a repeat prescription which I never let slide. Once I was without some  and when I got them I clutched the box crying ‘nectar from the Gods’ Bit dramatic I know but that’s how good they are!

Interestingly my father in law’s migraines stopped once he retired! 

I hope you get to see your GP soon.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

You're not thinking of the oil (paraffin) burning ones are you, as distinct from the present day electric ones, which just have some kind of oil based substance sealed within them?  They have no smell at all. 

Now, those old paraffin heaters  - they did smell, but they were incredibly cheap to run! Pushed out a lot of water though.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Heavy snow had been falling here since 12.30pm but has eased up now to a light dusting. On the plus side, it's our great-grandson's  first foray into the snow, and from the video we've just seen of him while it was  still snowing heavily, he's having the time of his life.😊

Avril

Aww bless him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

007 licenced to kill.Must be those old paraffin heaters,lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1