P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Surely you meant to say someone's understanding is so wide of the mark, IN YOUR OPINION, and maybe claiming that your first hand knowledge trumps anyone else's, might be considered to be just a little vain. Solely in my opinion of course.

John, I do wish you wouldn't use that word "trump"!!  🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Hey ho, my last day in the office again.  Working from home as of tomorrow.  Sigh.

Pauline is a civil servant and has worked from home since March.

She went 2 days a week at age  50 to look after her mam who had Alzheimer's and dementia.

She did this with her brother and me with no help from her part time working sister for 6 years until her mam died in October 2018.

Graham.

58 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Turn the tide Avril, start us off on something more congenial. 

Not worth it I'm afraid. You, I and others have tried many times, but the ornery amongst us continue win. It is a forum and  as such is open for us all to post. We all have different views, and that's how it should be, but when a friendly debate between posters is hijacked and frequently turned into an argument, it makes  the non-confrontational posters reluctant to post, and that includes me. I shall continue to lurk and occasionally post.

Take care

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

It's certainly getting very confrontational on here now, no matter what is posted someone has to fire back with a nasty remark. This thread was intended to help us during lockdown, and now things are bad again we need it more than ever. This used to be a lovely friendly forum, but not so much anymore.  I love  a good friendly debate on various subjects, unfortunately though we now have another thread dedicated to angry political arguments. I shall continue to scan the posts hoping that eventually some fingers will get cramp. Until then I don't think I'll be posting much either, I don't need extra stress, we  already  have enough.

Stay safe and take care

Avril

I agree whole heartedly, which is why I haven't been here much.

Pam

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Not worth it I'm afraid. You, I and others have tried many times, but the ornery amongst us continue win. It is a forum and  as such is open for us all to post. We all have different views, and that's how it should be, but when a friendly debate between posters is hijacked and frequently turned into an argument, it makes  the non-confrontational posters reluctant to post, and that includes me. I shall continue to lurk and occasionally post.

Take care

Avril

Sorry to hear that. Stay well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mr.Clive Browne said:

No,they don't know anything we don't,all there doing is preparing for the vaccine to take a lot longer than mid feb.,now you know as well.

My comment was Tongue in cheek,😂

Of course they don't know just surprising they are closing the rememberance room indefinitely when the crematorium is still open.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Sorry to hear that. Stay well.

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Take care

Avril

I have only joined this site a couple of days ago, but been in the back ground for a while.

Now that cruises are out of site again, you can see why they moan a lot. Due to lockdown.😤

They can't moan at the the family, can't moan in the pub, coffee shops or even the bus stop etc, their partners are probably shielding away from them ill or not. So that only leaves Cruise Critics and it's got Critics in the title.

I was going to ask if any one was booking P and O holidays for 2002, before March the 1st

Take care

Amelia

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Use the ignore facility to remove yourself from seeing posts which upset.  I’ve just checked and I’m kinda surprised kinda saddened to see that I have accrued an Ignore list of 8 😳. (Some are probably people who are long gone anyway)

It feels a bit sad but I enjoy it here, mostly, and I will not let characters with whom I feel no connection cause me to leave.  It feels like self preservation.  We all need to put ourselves first.  Maybe that’s what They are doing too?  If we ignore each other the forum can be there for everyone 

I absolutely agree.

I'm sure we know who our friends are on here.

This is Pauline and I.

Graham.

IMG_20210104_192959.jpg

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Please don't go.

I've seriously considered not posting anymore, due to the behaviour of just a couple of people, but everyone else made me feel part of the gang so I felt encouraged to stay.

I've really valued your posts that I've seen over the last few days, as it is important to me to hear from people in the front line. I do hope you'll keep posting.

My sentiments too.

Graham.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, batholiver said:

Unfortunately there are two or three posters here who dislike seeing facts that don't suit their own agenda, and they try to belittle the people that post those facts.

We've already seen an example of that today and it happens regularly. 

Don't allow yourselves to be bullied by these posters people - please don't leave, we need as wide a mix as possible both for balance and to keep things interesting!  

Well said.

It is easy for these people to bully on a keyboard and they are best ignored.

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

It's certainly getting very confrontational on here now, no matter what is posted someone has to fire back with a nasty remark. This thread was intended to help us during lockdown, and now things are bad again we need it more than ever. This used to be a lovely friendly forum, but not so much anymore.  I love  a good friendly debate on various subjects, unfortunately though we now have another thread dedicated to angry political arguments. I shall continue to scan the posts hoping that eventually some fingers will get cramp. Until then I don't think I'll be posting much either, I don't need extra stress, we  already  have enough.

Stay safe and take care

Avril

Well said Avril.

I think CC rules need to be followed and politics need to stop.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Well said.

It is easy for these people to bully on a keyboard and they are best ignored.

There seems to be bullies on both sides of the arguments as far as I can see over the last few months. It isn’t all one sided. Wish they’d stop. 

• Like 5

Just now, Gettingwarmer said:

On another subject anybody have any bulbs blooming in their garden yet? Please post pictures when they arrive. No prizes, sorry. 

Our snowdrops are nearly blooming but the cold snap we are currently in have slowed them down, it is a bit early for us on the Pennines for bulbs.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

On another subject anybody have any bulbs blooming in their garden yet? Please post pictures when they arrive. No prizes, sorry. 

Nothing here, sadly, though the wild primroses have been flowering for a while. However, the good news is that the Cornish daffodils (think they're the first?) should be in the shops soon. The first sign of spring.🙂

• Like 3