P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

No snow here today just raining. My daughter has just sent me a video she was sent of a bus sliding down a hill sideways in the area where she lives(near Halifax) and sliding towards a car that is stuck. It looks like it managed to stop before hitting it. I hope it doesn’t snow too much around Whitley Bay as daughter in laws baby due Monday and she will need to be able to get to Hosp 

Stay safe everyone 

Michelle 

22 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

DG you must spend all your waking hours trawling the web for all these stories  unless there is a shortcut way of requesting just the negative data?

Information is available in seconds with just a few clicks. 

it’s not negative data - it’s what’s happening 

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

DG you must spend all your waking hours trawling the web for all these stories  unless there is a shortcut way of requesting just the negative data?

Sorry, this is a form of bullying, DG has every right to post what she feels is relevant to her and that she feels might be of interest to others, as readers of her posts we can can decide what is relevant to us. All posts are relevant in there way, and help to build the bigger picture.Just be kind!

• Like 15

7 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

It is the second news item on the BBC Scotland tonight and would have been first if RL had not resigned.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Absolutely right, and all the more so given your location.  Unfortunately, there’s a tendency to sweep factual stories which don’t fit a particular agenda under the carpet.

You can’t hide facts, though, or rotting fish. Or the fact that traffic levels are artificially low at the moment through the Channel ports.

• Like 6

I’m still watching the news and they are saying that seafood is the first item to be affected as it is so perishable. Apparently beef, lamb and dairy will be next to be affected by the red tape.

I haven’t seen any positives from any of this as yet. 

2 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I’m still watching the news and they are saying that seafood is the first item to be affected as it is so perishable. Apparently beef, lamb and dairy will be next to be affected by the red tape.

I believe the official answer is ‘sovereignty’.  You’ll need to find your own positives from that, and I imagine it’s just a matter of time before Scottish sovereignty is in place. That will be a very sad day for both nations, and for Northern Ireland, which will doubtless follow.

• Like 2

Just now, Harry Peterson said:

I believe the official answer is ‘sovereignty’.  You’ll need to find your own positives from that, and I imagine it’s just a matter of time before Scottish sovereignty is in place. That will be a very sad day for both nations, and for Northern Ireland, which will doubtless follow.

Sovereignty, as my granny would have said, butters no parsnips.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

How do you know it's not unless you check out each article yourself. Except for the football results I doubt everything in the media.😇

39 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

It’s a right lash up our processor here is struggling to ship scallops and lobsters abroad as well as the guys from across having the problems this industry has just been thrown under the bus

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

How do you know it's not unless you check out each article yourself. Except for the football results I doubt everything in the media.😇

You should banish these negative thoughts John :classic_smile: Stop reading newspapers :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, SeaJane said:

Raining heavily again here today so we’ve not been out for our walk. The good news is that I’ve done my tax return - always a relief when it’s out of the way!
The bad news is that my 97 year old father-in-law has just tested positive from his regular weekly lateral flow test. He lives in a care home and is apparently fine and showing no symptoms, but at his age we are obviously very worried.

You're bound to be worried but if he's feeling alright at the moment he might only have the mild symptoms. Much older than your father-in-law have had the virus and recovered I hope for his speedy recovery. take care

Avril

• Like 3

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

These are not isolated stories and they are from reputable sources.

It is possible to gain an overview of the current direction of travel.

if you don’t believe anything you read, how will you ever be able to inform yourself 

• Like 3