P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

56 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Yes, it is and thank you Sarah.

Cold and very windy here today, with a temp of 7 deg but a feel of 2deg.   Sunny at present but keep getting heavy showers of hail.

Pam

Happy birthday Pam.

Hope you have a nice day.

Graham.

52 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

That’s right

The advert voice-over doesn’t fit the area!

We agonised over buying a cottage on Gold Hill, some 45 years ago.  We thought £3k plus was too much.

I worked in Shaftesbury for a couple of years. Great pub at the bottom of the hill.

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

That’s right

The advert voice-over doesn’t fit the area!

We agonised over buying a cottage on Gold Hill, some 45 years ago.  We thought £3k plus was too much.

Now worth at least 100x that amount?

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Yes we think that’s going to happen and if they do win the championship my husband comes up with a small flurry 🥂🍾 at the moment he’s watching all the talk with the pros on tv and they’ve all backed the packers to win tonight, I certainly hope so  but I don’t think they would win the superbowl, he wants to go and see them before Aaron Rodgers retires 

The Packers have done brilliantly this year.. would imagine Rodgers has a few more seasons after this one - MVP (most valuable player) 😁

• Like 1

Just catching up on today’s posts.

Happy Birthday Pam 🥳🎂🥂

We had heavy snow all morning and everywhere looked beautiful, but it was quite slippery under foot when we walked to get the newspaper. Chicken now in the oven for our usual Sunday evening roast dinner.

0362274C-8402-4A97-A784-4E18064473C3.jpeg

• Like 10

Just finished watching a programme on the Titanic conspiracy not being the Titanic that sank. I found it fascinating. All the evidence is there, that the ship which actually sank was her sister the Olympic. Right up to the final photo of the wreckage on the ocean floor, that sealed it for me, evidence beyond any doubt. Insurance fraud. It was on CCXTV if it gets repeated its worth a watch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

Just finished watching a programme on the Titanic conspiracy not being the Titanic that sank. I found it fascinating. All the evidence is there, that the ship which actually sank was her sister the Olympic. Right up to the final photo of the wreckage on the ocean floor, that sealed it for me, evidence beyond any doubt. Insurance fraud. It was on CCXTV if it gets repeated its worth a watch.

Was the swimming pool still full?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, SeaJane said:

Just catching up on today’s posts.

Happy Birthday Pam 🥳🎂🥂

We had heavy snow all morning and everywhere looked beautiful, but it was quite slippery under foot when we walked to get the newspaper. Chicken now in the oven for our usual Sunday evening roast dinner.

0362274C-8402-4A97-A784-4E18064473C3.jpeg

Nice garden.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rupert2251 said:

Did they have any actual video evidence?

1 hour ago, nicki-k said:

We still haven't had a flake of snow and we are not far from Surrey, I wonder if the snow is on its way to us?

Stopped now and melting on the roads. Nice to look at for a few days, but hopefully that's it 😁

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rupert2251 said:

I caught an interesting programme today on Discovery channel about Herculaneum near Naples and Pompeii. I wish I had seen it before I went there a few years ago but it did bring back some memories of a fascinating place that Vesuvius put paid to 2000 years ago. 

• Like 5

Thank you all for you kind birthday wishes.😊

Two of my children knocked on the door with presents and the others phoned or texted. It's been a strange birthday as normally they would all call round and it would be standing room only!! Hopefully next year we will be better.

• Like 10