P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I was evacuted to a village near Grantham in WW2, and one of my first memories was of hundreds of planes flying overhead, I assume it was either D Day or Arnhem. Found out years later, that my mum and a Land Girl at the farm next door would have the occasional Gin and Orange, MY orange juice!  The happy ending was that the Land Girl married one of mum's brothers after the war.

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, kalos said:

Was still the injection when I had my Polio  done 

When we began travelling to the far east, I couldn't remember whether I'd had my polio vaccine( I probably had) or not, so the doctor said I should have it 'just in case'  No sugar lump, straight on the tongue!!! Yuck😝🥴

Avril

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Good one! No mines dahn sarf, but plenty of dockers. Popular with students (cheap) but not popular with a mother expecting conformity. So I left home and joined the circus. 🤡

Loved my Donkey jackets, hardly off my back in my teenage years when I was a mining engineering apprentice, I had a works one and one for best, the logo was easy to remove.

I believe the name related to Donkey work has they were originally worn by Dockers and then later by all types of manuals workers

Edited by Bloodaxe

2 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Miserable weather here, just waiting for Michelle outside the surgery where she is having her first jab... Phew.. 

Then off to the common for some fresh air whilst people dodging... 

Have a great day everyone. 

Andy 

So pleased Michelle's having her first jab done, everything seems to rolling on nicely now for the moment🤞 Take care and have a nice stroll.

Avril

• Like 3

Just now, Adawn47 said:

So pleased Michelle's having her first jab done, everything seems to rolling on nicely now for the moment🤞 Take care and have a nice stroll.

Avril

She is sulking because her Dad had his in the same surgery this morning and didn't have to wait 15 mins but she has... 

Seems they are using different strains... 

Andy 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Miserable weather here, just waiting for Michelle outside the surgery where she is having her first jab... Phew.. 

Andy 

So pleased to hear that Michelle is getting her jab.It must be a relief for you both

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Great news that Michelle is getting her jab!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Loved my Donkey jackets, hardly off my back in my teenage years when I was a mining engineering apprentice, I had a works one and one for best, the logo was easy to remove.

I believe the name related to Donkey work has they were originally woken by Dockers and then later by all types of manuals workers

I will lovingly say that I have 3 children, one of each. A boy, a girl and a tomboy. My youngest, the tomboy, loved her Donkey jacket, jeans and Dockers and hasn't altered. Although the Donkey jacket has now been replaced with a padded jacket or a leather one.

Avril

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

She is sulking because her Dad had his in the same surgery this morning and didn't have to wait 15 mins but she has... 

Seems they are using different strains... 

Andy 

When we phoned the doctors for our appointments we were asked loads of questions, presumably to see which vaccine we should have.  My sister 81 and BIL 87 had there's done 9thJanuary, but weren't given a date for the 2nd dose!!. Jim had the Pfizer(15min wait) and Ba is allergic to Morhpine, so she had AstraZeneca.

Avril

• Like 2

Dry here so far today but cold wind, dont think I will be out much.

Anyone having the old  getting logged out problem.  It hasnt been bad for a while - maybe a week ? lost track!   

I usually have at least 3 threads open on CC and move between them and it keeps me logged in on them all , all the time but yesterday and today when I go to post or  click the like/thanks I find I am logged out.

Edited by Aulanis

8 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Our garden birds must know it's RSPB bird survey this weekend. We normally have several Goldfinches, family of sparrows, dunnocks, robin, blue and great tits but the last 2 days they have largely disappeared!

Same here, last week we were inundated with birds, today hardly any, could be the weather or maybe the numbers of extra people feeding them, we have seen a Sparrow Hawk earlier.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Pleased to hear Michelle is having her first jab Andy.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

Dry here so far today but cold wind, dont think I will be out much.

Anyone having the old  getting logged out problem.  It hasnt been bad for a while - maybe a week ? lost track!   

I usually have at least 3 threads open on CC and move between them and it keeps me logged in on them all , all the time but yesterday and today when I go to post or  click the like/thanks I find I am logged out.

It's happenened to me again a couple of times too. I think it's when I've read a post on my phone🤔..... or maybe not😆 

Avril

8 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Sad here, last week we were inundated with birds, today hardly any, could be the weather or maybe the numbers of extra people feeding them, we have seen a Sparrow Hawk earlier.

The Sparrow Hawk would do it😉

Avril

• Like 2

Well, miserable weather here again today - very windy and grey. I was hoping for some more snow but it hasn't appeared 😞 Bet It turns up in the week when we are at work. Oh well, groundhog Saturday, but we are well so lots to be thankful for and my bulbs are popping up so Spring is on its way 🙂

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 5

45 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

When we phoned the doctors for our appointments we were asked loads of questions, presumably to see which vaccine we should have.  My sister 81 and BIL 87 had there's done 9thJanuary, but weren't given a date for the 2nd dose!!. Jim had the Pfizer(15min wait) and Ba is allergic to Morhpine, so she had AstraZeneca.

Avril

Our Doctor told her she would be having the Oxford one, but it was only after the needle was in her arm they said it was the Pfizer one...

She has a date for April for the second dose. 

Andy 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Well, miserable weather here again today - very windy and grey. I was hoping for some more snow but it hasn't appeared 😞 Bet It turns up in the week when we are at work. Oh well, groundhog Saturday, but we are well so lots to be thankful for and my bulbs are popping up so Spring is on its way 🙂

Yeah, I feel you. I cant wait to meet the Spring. Its like of those very nice season when you can wear a shirt but still feel the cold of winter from time to time =D 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Roger88 said:

Yeah, I feel you. I cant wait to meet the Spring. Its like of those very nice season when you can wear a shirt but still feel the cold of winter from time to time =D 

Sadly, in the UK we seem to feel the cold of winter all of the time 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

That is such good news, I can’t wait to have mine, I am in group 6

Michelle

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Our Doctor told her she would be having the Oxford one, but it was only after the needle was in her arm they said it was the Pfizer one...

She has a date for April for the second dose. 

Andy 

Whichever they gave her Andy it does the job. I think that's what Janos Ader meant when he said 'It doesn't matter if the cat is black or white as long as it catches mice'  I just love that saying.

Avril

• Like 3

It’s a filthy old day here - absolutely hammering down.

We got out early with the pup and missed the worst of it.  Forecast is that it will ease by 5ish when we get our jabs.  Hope so - don’t want to catch my death of cold from getting drenched waiting for a life-preserving vaccination.  Anyway, I’m delighted to make my start on the protection journey, before the end of horrible January.  Progress!

We’ve got a Zizzi click’n’collect ordered for 6, to celebrate!  🎉  Prawn linguine for me, lasagne for him.  Probably 🍷. Hope I don’t get a sore arm to keep me awake as I slept badly last night - excitement possibly 🙄

Andy - good news about Michelle having her jab. My vulnerable niece (>30) gets hers tomorrow 

The 15 February target looks like it may well be met.  🤞and 3 (or more) cheers to the NHS and volunteer helpers

• Like 6