P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

2°C and sunny but icy roads and car windscreen.

Pauline has taken over the living room for work on Monday and Tuesday so I am sitting on our bed watching TV.

Days in lockdown seem to pass so fast.

I'm in hospital on Wednesday for my eye op so I have put essential items in a bag to take with me.

Best of luck Graham.

• Thanks 1

I think it’s only right to extend our heartfelt sympathy here to Ryanair’s Michael O'Leary, given the huge losses they’re sustaining, and the impact on his personal wealth.

With predicted losses of up to €1bn for this financial year, it’s his rallying call for a strong return to European beach holidays this summer that impresses me most. Such courage.

And as such a champion of excellent customer service and fair play, who could not support poor Mr O’Leary?  A fine man, a fine Irish company, fully deserving of our support and sympathy when he most needs it.

Help pack his planes - you know it makes sense.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I think it’s only right to extend our heartfelt sympathy here to Ryanair’s Michael O'Leary, given the huge losses they’re sustaining, and the impact on his personal wealth.

With predicted losses of up to €1bn for this financial year, it’s his rallying call for a strong return to European beach holidays this summer that impresses me most. Such courage.

And as such a champion of excellent customer service and fair play, who could not support poor Mr O’Leary?  A fine man, a fine Irish company, fully deserving of our support and sympathy when he most needs it.

We have never flown Ryanair and had no intention of doing so, but he is such a nice man that sampling his companies customer service  experience offering may make us rethink. Not.

25 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

And another b****y keyboard bites the dust.:classic_biggrin:

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Whatever you think about MoL, perhaps a little compassion for the air crew and cabin staff might be in order.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Whatever you think about MoL, perhaps a little compassion for the air crew and cabin staff might be in order.  

I take your point, but I don't recall O'Leary showing any such compassion for them. And, like everything else, if one business fails another one emerges, needing new staff.

It's that way with hotels, restaurants and most other businesses.  The assets remain, and if there's a need for the product (which there may well not be for department and some other stores) all that changes is the person/company running the business.

Tough on the current shareholders and owners of failing businesses, certainly, but others will emerge. It will be a very good time for new entrepreneurs buying assets on the cheap.

25 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Tough on the current shareholders and owners of failing businesses, certainly, but others will emerge. It will be a very good time for new entrepreneurs buying assets on the cheap.

I read about Bloomberg sat on a massive war chest for new buyous/investments. One door closes another one opens is an apt saying, unless you are a cabinet maker of course.

• Like 1