Jump to content

P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?


Recommended Posts

It is more snowy now but it is forecast to warm up slightly and rain this afternoon.

A couple of CCTV photos of outside at present.

20210202102605216_e671807f88e6427ba7755451fee752f0_824414105.jpg

20210202102545734_a693b32677314b39b16fd75f9397adcc_824414105.jpg

Edited by grapau27
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It is more snowy now but it is forecast to warm up slightly and rain this afternoon.

A couple of CCTV photos of outside at present.

20210202102605216_e671807f88e6427ba7755451fee752f0_824414105.jpg

20210202102545734_a693b32677314b39b16fd75f9397adcc_824414105.jpg

The bottom picture would have been so much better if you had both been lying on the recliners with a G & T by your side.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s very mild, almost dry but fairly unpleasant here this morning.  A strong wind whipping up hair and blowing the fine moisture in the air into your face.  Add that it is sopping wet underfoot and that makes it not great.  However, there are lots of snowdrops and crocus and I saw the first wild-growing narcissus this morning.

All the best for tomorrow Graham

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

It’s very mild, almost dry but fairly unpleasant here this morning.  A strong wind whipping up hair and blowing the fine moisture in the air into your face.  Add that it is sopping wet underfoot and that makes it not great.  However, there are lots of snowdrops and crocus and I saw the first wild-growing narcissus this morning.

All the best for tomorrow Graham

Thank you Eddie.

Graham.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, pete14 said:

The bottom picture would have been so much better if you had both been lying on the recliners with a G & T by your side.

Don't forget the sunshine as well Pete

Avril

Link to post
Share on other sites

The news reports are saying that Captain Tom's family are with him in hospital. Why is his family allowed to visit him when other patients are not allowed familial visits?  When the elderly are in hospital, it seems only right that they should be allowed some personal visits,  assuming PPE is used, but round here at least, there is a blanket ban on all hospital visits. 

I think Captain Tom should have his family round him, but so should everyone else in a similar position.

Edited by wowzz
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The news reports are saying that Captain Tom's family are with him in hospital. Why is his family allowed to visit him when other patients are not allowed familial visits?  When the elderly are in hospital, it seems only right that they should be allowed some personal visits,  assuming PPE is used, but round here at least, there is a blanket ban on all hospital visits. 

I think Captain Tom should have his family round him, but so should everyone else in a similar position.

 

I do not know the inns & outs of this story Wowzz but the rules need to be more clear cut 

regardless of who you are .

It makes me sad to think of how many have died in the ICU's alone with no family.

I read reports of nurses trying to be with them in their final moments , so sad.

Same as you Wowzz ,if true then something's amiss here .

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, batholiver said:

Ugh! And even worse - she'll be in the supermarket salad bar next! These are the people I fear most in the buffet!

Steer clear of the chocolate chip muffins.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, batholiver said:

Ugh! And even worse - she'll be in the supermarket salad bar next! These are the people I fear most in the buffet!

That is the main reason we never use the buffet on any cruise ship other people's hygiene standards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kalos said:

 

I do not know the inns & outs of this story Wowzz but the rules need to be more clear cut 

regardless of who you are .

It makes me sad to think of how many have died in the ICU's alone with no family.

I read reports of nurses trying to be with them in their final moments , so sad.

Same as you Wowzz ,if true then something's amiss here .

I am afraid it is true about the nurses, my eldest grand daughter (20) is a trainee nurse, and has done that job. She does three 13 hour shifts a week, and unsurprisingly has had covid. She has now had the Pfizer vaccine which she had a flu like reaction like many others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

That is the main reason we never use the buffet on any cruise ship other people's hygiene standards.

 

Also once off the ship I could write a book on various food /café outlets and supermarkets

antics I have seen . One was sweeping a floor and took food to a table once ready .

Even in our country a few years ago our daughter she took a part time job in a well known 

fried chicken outlet . She was doing a stocktake of chicken and found a sealed bag that was

out of date. She let the regular staff know and all they did was use it there and then .

As for back on a ship, I reported a waiter for walking out of a loo without washing his hands 

and went back to serving food !  To be fair they stopped him and sent him to wash his hands .

The only safe way, is your way, you make it , you eat it .

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, kalos said:

 

Also once off the ship I could write a book on various food /café outlets and supermarkets

antics I have seen . One was sweeping a floor and took food to a table once ready .

Even in our country a few years ago our daughter she took a part time job in a well known 

fried chicken outlet . She was doing a stocktake of chicken and found a sealed bag that was

out of date. She let the regular staff know and all they did was use it there and then .

As for back on a ship, I reported a waiter for walking out of a loo without washing his hands 

and went back to serving food !  To be fair they stopped him and sent him to wash his hands .

The only safe way, is your way, you make it , you eat it .

Yeah but he kept his white gloves on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kalos said:

 

I do not know the inns & outs of this story Wowzz but the rules need to be more clear cut 

regardless of who you are .

It makes me sad to think of how many have died in the ICU's alone with no family.

I read reports of nurses trying to be with them in their final moments , so sad.

Same as you Wowzz ,if true then something's amiss here .

So true.  Our local hospital is the Royal Free and their motto is "no-one dies alone" but that means their passing is with a staff member not family.  Very very sad.  Jane.x

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wowzz said:

The news reports are saying that Captain Tom's family are with him in hospital. Why is his family allowed to visit him when other patients are not allowed familial visits?  When the elderly are in hospital, it seems only right that they should be allowed some personal visits,  assuming PPE is used, but round here at least, there is a blanket ban on all hospital visits. 

I think Captain Tom should have his family round him, but so should everyone else in a similar position.

Could it be that he's not in ICU, but on an ordinary ward? Hospitals have their own rules on visiting.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, batholiver said:

Ugh! And even worse - she'll be in the supermarket salad bar next! These are the people I fear most in the buffet!

That's why we never use them

Avril

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Could it be that he's not in ICU, but on an ordinary ward?

Avril

 

Our local Hospital restrictions are

 

Due to coronavirus, they currently have visiting restrictions in place.

No visitors are permitted apart from:

one birth partner

one visitor for patients with dementia or learning disabilities

one visitor for child patients

one visitor for patients at the end of life

The one visitor must be the same person on each visit.

 

I would have thought most hospitals are about the same .I have not read the story  

could it be he is in a private hospital ?:classic_unsure:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kalos said:

 

Our local Hospital restrictions are

 

Due to coronavirus, they currently have visiting restrictions in place.

No visitors are permitted apart from:

one birth partner

one visitor for patients with dementia or learning disabilities

one visitor for child patients

one visitor for patients at the end of life

The one visitor must be the same person on each visit.

 

I would have thought most hospitals are about the same .I have not read the story  

could it be he is in a private hospital ?:classic_unsure:

 

Don't know precisely what our local hospital's restrictions are, but sounds very similar to what a friend who works out our local hospital has told us.  Her son's partner had a baby last week, and our friend wasn't allowed in to visit even though she work's on one of the (other) wards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kalos said:

 

Our local Hospital restrictions are

 

Due to coronavirus, they currently have visiting restrictions in place.

No visitors are permitted apart from:

one birth partner

one visitor for patients with dementia or learning disabilities

one visitor for child patients

one visitor for patients at the end of life

The one visitor must be the same person on each visit.

 

I would have thought most hospitals are about the same .I have not read the story  

could it be he is in a private hospital ?:classic_unsure:

 

Thanks Kalos. It just said Bedford Hospital. It was just a guess as I avoid hospitals at all costs. Could be because of his age and what he's done for the NHS they are being more lenient? Not forgetting he is now a Sir.

On a more serious note though, I find it  particularly worrying that all his family are around him and the media have been asked to give the family ''space and privacy''

Avril

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...