P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Beautiful sunny morning here in Stoke, having been up since 6am all of the housework is now done so just looking forward to a pleasantly relaxing day in the garden. 

I hope that everything is fine with everyone else.

Lovely here in Sunderland too.

We were thinking of going to the pub for lunch but think we will have al fresco lunch in our garden instead.😃🍾

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We were thinking of going to the pub for lunch but think we will have al fresco lunch in our garden instead.😃🍾

Great idea.  We usually eat outside when it is warm enough, one if the benefits of having a large secluded garden.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Now you have had your refund Graham ,why not push the boat out and buy your Pauline a chip butty and a cuppa

at Sue's cafe on the sea front ? :classic_wink: :classic_love:

• Haha 1

Good morning all, and what an absolutely glorious morning it is too. 🌞Makes you forget everything that’s going on beyond the garden gate. I have all my washing on the line and breakfast prepared waiting for Frank to emerge from his cocoon, so I'm sitting in the garden with a coffee catching up on  CC. I hope everyone has something good planned for today. We're still nervous about venturing out. As neither of us are allowed to drive anymore we have to rely on public transport now so we prefer not to risk it. We'll find plenty to do. Or maybe not😉. On the sunbed, under the sun brolly with my kindle in one hand and a cool glass of Zinfandel in the  other sounds appealing. 😆

Avril 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning all, and what an absolutely glorious morning it is too. 🌞Makes you forget everything that’s going on beyond the garden gate. I have all my washing on the line and breakfast prepared waiting for Frank to emerge from his cocoon, so I'm sitting in the garden with a coffee catching up on  CC. I hope everyone has something good planned for today. We're still nervous about venturing out. As neither of us are allowed to drive anymore we have to rely on public transport now so we prefer not to risk it. We'll find plenty to do. Or maybe not😉. On the sunbed, under the sun brolly with my kindle in one hand and a cool glass of Zinfandel in the  other sounds appealing. 😆

Avril 

Avril

Adnam's just restocked my refreshment, so okay for another month.

Tried to start the car in the garage yesterday, battery dead, will leave it until needed,

which will not be for some time. Laughing at the attempts by the company to placate everyone.

Latest is that the escalation refunds for the overdue refunds, are causing further problems because there are so many of them and are being dealt with separately.

Something to smile about whilst you sit with your glass of Zinfandel.

Have a good day.

• Like 1

Todays a good day to relax and watch the world go by.

Or in our case watch some old tiles whizz by from our neighbours roof , listening to the 

ear shattering clang as the old tiles shatter into the skip below.:classic_rolleyes:

People say that nothing is impossible , so that is my challenge for today ...

To do Nothing :classic_smile:  (Well least as possible )

images.png.5ae385cdded00b77f74a66b225d76cb5.png    

• Like 3

Booked a table today at our favourite restaurant for Friday night.Reopened this week,the last time we were there was the day we arrived from UK in early March and the next day was lockdown.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Booked a table today at our favourite restaurant for Friday night.Reopened this week,the last time we were there was the day we arrived from UK in early March and the next day was lockdown.Cheers,Brian.

Our local speciality restaurant at the moment is "Chez Avrille". Always well attended. Beautiful food and wines and excellent service. Although the waitress can be a bit careless at times 😊. Can I ask about your eating technique in a restaurant?  Do you push the food over the top of your mask or slide it underneath? Just curious about the correct etiquette for when we're in the MDR. 😆

Have a good Friday night out. We can only dream.

Avril 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Beautiful sunny morning here in Stoke, having been up since 6am all of the housework is now done so just looking forward to a pleasantly relaxing day in the garden. 

I hope that everything is fine with everyone else.

I can confirm Josy’s weather report. Getting hot in the sunshine. Woken at 07:00 by carriers delivering new garden furniture we had ordered. They texted and rang my mobile at 05:53 to tell me they were on their way. Fortunately, my phone was switched off! 

We are just back from our walk, we went a bit further today on a slightly different route and saw no one, they have either all disappeared to work, out to some beauty spot or they just don't like this walk.  We are going to try the same walk tomorrow in the hope that no one likes where we are going.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Our local speciality restaurant at the moment is "Chez Avrille". Always well attended. Beautiful food and wines and excellent service. Although the waitress can be a bit careless at times 😊. Can I ask about your eating technique in a restaurant?  Do you push the food over the top of your mask or slide it underneath? Just curious about the correct etiquette for when we're in the MDR. 😆

Have a good Friday night out. We can only dream.

Avril 

LOL,did you see the one on GMB this morning,from Israel,It had an openable jaw on it operated with a  cable and lever.I'll do a.full review Saturday morning.We've been in lockdown a few weeks longer so UK shouldn't be far behind. This place does loads of stuff off menu if you give them notice.I've ordered sea bream covered in baby tomatoes and olives and the Mrs, lamb chops.Cheers,Brian.

Edited by brian1

Well we have just been out to clap with everyone else on our drives.  It is really sad that the only time we see anyone to chat to is once a week on Thursday evenings.  Everyone seems to be really fed up this week with the restrictions, fortunately everyone here is doing the same as us and still staying at home except for short walks.  Our next door neighbours said that they had been to the park this morning but it was heaving with people so they just went in one gate and walked to the other gate then back up the road outside because they didn't feel comfortable around so many people, many of whom were not maintaining the 2 metre distance.

• Like 1

Not had a very good day. It's our great grandson's 1st birthday today and of course we couldn't go. Then you see all the pictures on the news of crowds enjoying the coasts and parks without a care in the world. I'm normally an upbeat optimist that can cope with anything but this is really hard. Yesterday was a good day and tomorrow will be as well I'm sure. This is just a little bump in the road. Thank heavens for CC😊

Avril 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Not had a very good day. It's our great grandson's 1st birthday today and of course we couldn't go. Then you see all the pictures on the news of crowds enjoying the coasts and parks without a care in the world. I'm normally an upbeat optimist that can cope with anything but this is really hard. Yesterday was a good day and tomorrow will be as well I'm sure. This is just a little bump in the road. Thank heavens for CC😊

Avril 

It's getting hard Avril, but keep your chin up lovely. 

We need you to keep us in check, so none of this moping please. 😊

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

Have a few glasses of wine and think of the good times Avril.  I am sure that tomorrow will be a better day and if it isn't at least it will be a day nearer to getting together with your family.😊

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

It's getting hard Avril, but keep your chin up lovely. 

We need you to keep us in check, so none of this moping please. 😊

Andy 

I know Andy. There are a lot worse off than me. The problem with me is  I can't actually do anything about the situation and it gets me so frustrated. Normally I have  a problem and I can work through it but this is completely out of my hands. I'm used to  being in control of my life. I'll bounce back. I normally do.

Avril 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

I know Andy. There are a lot worse off than me. The problem with me is  I can't actually do anything about the situation and it gets me so frustrated. Normally I have  a problem and I can work through it but this is completely out of my hands. I'm used to  being in control of my life. I'll bounce back. I normally do.

Avril 

You left one thing out of your post Avril,there are a lot of people feeling exactly the same as you ,Mrs Kalos

for one has been the same with birthdays of kids and Grandkids we have not seen and birthdays.

Looking on the bright side the young chap is only 1 year old ,so I'm sure he will not remember this on his next birthday.

So as Andy said "chin up lass " better times will be ahead .

When I was younger my Dad insisted I saw a child psychiatrist and I can tell you he was no help at all .:classic_wacko::classic_wink:

See I understand these things ... Now smile ..... that's better :classic_smile:

• Thanks 1

We had a great niece born on 20th March just prior to lockdown and we havent been able to see her yet and give her a cuddle we are relying on pictures on Faceache. It is hard but as long as we all stay safe then that is the priority and what keeps us going.

• Like 3

Our wedding anniversary today  - don't ask how long - Mrs W will say too long. Mrs W went for a cycle ride this morning,  whilst I did a shop in Aldi. No queue to get in, not many people around,  and lots of check outs open. Then we went for a walk - passed a few people,  but in the open air with a breeze, no need for a mask.  Sat out in the garden this afternoon  and had a chat with our neighbours over the fence. They bought us some anniversary chocolates - a nice touch.

The husband of one of our other neighbours has cancer - because of the over reaction to CV19, he is not getting the treatment he needs, and when he dies he will not be counted as a CV19 victim, which is obviously wrong. People are getting over hysterical about the dangers of CV19.

I don't understand why everyone gets worried about going out in the open air. Chances of catching CV19 are infinitessimal.  I see people walking around the local country lanes wearing masks and gloves and I just think "Why!" 

Edited by wowzz

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

Avril

That was my problem from the start needing to always being in control, having to ask for help was one of the hardest things that I have ever done. So glad that I faced up to it, and so fortunate that someone stepped forward to assist. Gave me a different prospective on life.Yes there are good and bad days but it is warmer being this side of the daisies. CC has lighten the load, or really some of the posters have. Been on the drive all week, it is like an away day.

Just relax and take it in your stride and if things get really bad---go down the pub!

Edited by mercury7289
  • Like 4

Happy Anniversary to you both , hope you brought Mrs w some lovely flowers from Aldi they do last for a very long time you get your money's worth there , it's been pretty hot here today in Christchurch Dorset we live about 5 mins ( by car ) from the beach and sorry to say we have not been there at all this year , too many people going down still onto the beach so in stead i any and done my weekly shop and two other peoples shopping and then on to the inlaws to do ironing and housework for them because of their illnesses so today I missed  the sunny weather and hopefully I will get some sun bathing in tomorrow in the back garden and relax while husband cuts the grass 😊

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

Our wedding anniversary today  - don't ask how long - Mrs W will say too long. Mrs W went for a cycle ride this morning,  whilst I did a shop in Aldi. No queue to get in, not many people around,  and lots of check outs open. Then we went for a walk - passed a few people,  but in the open air with a breeze, no need for a mask.  Sat out in the garden this afternoon  and had a chat with our neighbours over the fence. They bought us some anniversary chocolates - a nice touch.

The husband of one of our other neighbours has cancer - because of the over reaction to CV19, he is not getting the treatment he needs, and when he dies he will not be counted as a CV19 victim, which is obviously wrong. People are getting over hysterical about the dangers of CV19.

I don't understand why everyone gets worried about going out in the open air. Chances of catching CV19 are infinitessimal.  I see people walking around the local country lanes wearing masks and gloves and I just think "Why!" 

They wear masks whilst driving here,I don't get that one.It's a post code lottery with cancer treatment.My sister in law was diagnosed pancreatic cancer on 8th March at Southend hospital and has been offered major surgery with risks at a London hospital or chemo.She has opted for chemo.In the meantime she has had 2 stents and biopsy.

8 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

Sorry to hear that Avril,at least you have some family around you.Hang in there,it can't last much longer.Brian.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

Happy anniversary Wowzz, sorry I missed this last night. 

It's difficult to agree about an over reaction, you are probably right but with all the scare mongering going on, I don't blame people for doing what they think is right to protect their families. 

It's still spreading too fast, so people are catching it somewhere.. 

Andy 

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Happy anniversary for yesterday.  It must be strange not to be able to go out to celebrate, we always go for a nice meal for our anniversary.  This year we had planned to be on Ventura and were treating ourselves to a suite because it will be 40 years but it is not to be so we will celebrate at home, hopefully with family as it isn't until November.