P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, pete14 said:

No doubt you met him in the park rather than at home as the instructions tell us. Unless you know of a different interpretation of course.

New ammendment to lockdown rules.

Do as I say, not as I do.

Avril 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, zap99 said:

Is this really a story that is of any importance to anyone outside of the media, or chattering classes ?. Does anyone really care ?😷

Yes - it's very clear from the public response to this that large numbers of people do care.  And they care because it sends out a very clear message that the law doesn't apply to anyone who's important to the Prime Minister.  It's Bank Holiday today, and tens of thousands of people are going to say who cares?  Let's do as we please - it's OK for him, it's OK for us.

Result?  More spreading of the virus, more deaths, and possibly even that deadly second wave.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, batholiver said:

You have to wonder exactly what hold he has over Boris Johnson that allows him to get away with it.  Puppet Johnson may well have shot himself in the foot this time though as more and more comes out.

Maybe he'll have to hide in a fridge again - even tomorrow's Mail is attacking Johnson as a useless leader!

The message this sends out is appalling - and it's telling everyone that the rules don't really matter any more. Cummings was heavily involved in writing those rules.  He knew exactly what they meant, as did the PM. 

Thousands of other people with far less money followed them at great personal sacrifice, but Cummings (on a huge salary with plenty of other options, unlike most of us) decided they didn't apply to him, and the PM has now confirmed that they didn't.

Clear message now for once - forget the rules everyone, they don't matter any more.  Get out there, do as you like, spread the virus, swamp the poor NHS workers.  They must be gutted at this disgace.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Oh God, I came to this forum hoping to get away from Dominic Cummings! 🙄

If only.  But this is more of a health issue than a political issue, because it will inevitably water down the health messages, which were already vague, and encourage people to travel and visit wherever and whoever they like.

That will spread the virus, which so far has only infected 10% of the population according to one of the government advisors this morning, and cause serious problems for the NHS again. 

That in turn will delay any return to cruising, so it’s all very relevant to a cruise forum like this.

Today's the day I no longer have to pay for my prescriptions 😂 so looking at the blue sky I'm going to pack a wee picnic and go to climb Hengisbury head and walk all along the beach front to mudeford quay ( it's my local ) so no traveling to far ,  we will go early in a little while to avoid crowd's hopefully , hope you all have a good bank holiday 🌞

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Today's the day I no longer have to pay for my prescriptions 😂 so looking at the blue sky I'm going to pack a wee picnic and go to climb Hengisbury head and walk all along the beach front to mudeford quay ( it's my local ) so no traveling to far ,  we will go early in a little while to avoid crowd's hopefully , hope you all have a good bank holiday 🌞

I assume it’s your birthday, many happy returns, enjoy your day, sounds good 🎂🎉🥂

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

If only.  But this is more of a health issue than a political issue, because it will inevitably water down the health messages, which were already vague, and encourage people to travel and visit wherever and whoever they like.

That will spread the virus, which so far has only infected 10% of the population according to one of the government advisors this morning, and cause serious problems for the NHS again. 

That in turn will delay any return to cruising, so it’s all very relevant to a cruise forum like this.

Yes I know politics effects everything but this thread is more about our day to day trials and triumphs and quite frankly everywhere I look at the moment I’m seeing that man’s name!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Yes I know politics effects everything but this thread is more about our day to day trials and triumphs and quite frankly everywhere I look at the moment I’m seeing that man’s name!

Sue, we all know by now that whatever the subject of the thread, a few will turn it into a political scrum. They seem to love that. I'm off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

We drove down and had a picnic in the New Forest and then to mudeford quay one  afternoon last week. Only the loo's and wet fish kiosk were open at mudeford, but further along, fish and chips and take away coffee. LOTS of people, so we will probably give it a miss next time we have a jolly. I would guess it's just as busy at sandbanks. Perhaps when the kids start back at school things will quieten up a bit.

• Like 1

Thank you , should of been in a spar hotel this weekend in new forest and then off on Iona on 30th may for our 42 wedding Anniversary , but never mind it is what it is and our lives are more important and another opportunity will come again for most of us , at the moment we have to enjoy what we got now .

• Like 1

I really wanna go to Bridlington. Just can’t find out if the toilets are open. 

opted to work bank holiday for some extra pennies instead. Keeps me sat at home instead but it’s always quiet and boring in a morning. Just hoping the calls are sales and not like yesterday’s. 

hopefully will go to the valley country park that’s about 20 mins away but hubby might take the girls before I have finished work cos they get bored. 

decided to have a look at what my Florida holiday would be next year and the price has gone up £2k. Wouldn’t dare book anyway until everything has stopped. 

what are your plans for this sunny bank holiday? 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Sorry my previous post should have quoted P&O sues at top but some reason when I push the quote button it doesn’t work

‘P&O sues’?  I had to read that twice to realise you weren’t referring to P&O being pro-active towards those threatening to sue them over cancellation and refunds! 😎😇

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

opted to work bank holiday for some extra pennies instead. Keeps me sat at home instead but it’s always quiet and boring in a morning. Just hoping the calls are sales and not like yesterday’s. 

hopefully will go to the valley country park that’s about 20 mins away but hubby might take the girls before I have finished work cos they get bored. 

decided to have a look at what my Florida holiday would be next year and the price has gone up £2k. Wouldn’t dare book anyway until everything has stopped. 

Toilets are a worry for me too! My local council’s website says the toilets are open at the country parks. Hubby off Wednesday and it’s my day off too so we may go to a country park that’s about 20 minutes drive away.

I’ve just killed two birds with one stone by walking to Dobbies to get some cards. Little card shops aren’t open and I can’t face queuing at a supermarket just for a card and they’re not always very nice  anyway.

First time I’ve braved Dobbies since it opened - it’s about a 20 minute walk uphill most of the way there. So got my cards and got my exercise. Not very busy at all. 

Come home intending to sit in the garden and the sun’s gone in! Sure it will be out soon. Looks like it’s going to be a hot one!

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

I went to Tesco nice and early, now sitting in the garden enjoying the sunshine.  I checked Tesco's stock of mushy peas for Presto and can report there are plenty so if she still can't get them in the northern part of Stoke she will have to visit the south.

13 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Toilets are a worry for me too! My local council’s website says the toilets are open at the country parks. Hubby off Wednesday and it’s my day off too so we may go to a country park that’s about 20 minutes drive away.

I’ve just killed two birds with one stone by walking to Dobbies to get some cards. Little card shops aren’t open and I can’t face queuing at a supermarket just for a card and they’re not always very nice  anyway.

First time I’ve braved Dobbies since it opened - it’s about a 20 minute walk uphill most of the way there. So got my cards and got my exercise. Not very busy at all. 

Come home intending to sit in the garden and the sun’s gone in! Sure it will be out soon. Looks like it’s going to be a hot one!

It's funny isn't it, the small things we used to take for granted? I love a nice card with a verse but you have to look hard for them now. Mum didn't care about the front of the card. It could have said anything on it and she wouldn't have noticed. She went straight to the verse inside. I had to get Jake's birthday  card online as our good card shops are a bus ride away. I'm sure the sun will be back for you, it's forecast to be a good week.

Avril 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It's funny isn't it, the small things we used to take for granted? I love a nice card with a verse but you have to look hard for them now. Mum didn't care about the front of the card. It could have said anything on it and she wouldn't have noticed. She went straight to the verse inside. I had to get Jake's birthday  card online as our good card shops are a bus ride away. I'm sure the sun will be back for you, it's forecast to be a good week.

Avril 

My Nan used to say “lovely words” and I thought oh I didn’t notice that 😂 I’ve ordered some online (June and July very busy for me) but I didn’t see one I liked for my Mum. So I got that today - and an engagement one for our son and fiancée 😀

Edited by P&O SUE

2 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

My Nan used to say “lovely words” and I thought oh I didn’t notice that 😂 I’ve ordered some online (June and July very busy for me) but I didn’t see one I liked for my Mum. So I got that today - and an engagement one for our son and fiancée 😀

Many congratulations Sue. It's lovely to hear some good news. We really should take a leaf out of your son's book and not put life on hold. With care of course.

Avril 

• Like 1

I make my own mushy peas from just normal tinned peas. I have a good few in the cupboard so not tried to buy any lately. 

I don’t like cards. I don’t see the point in wasting money on a bit of card, I buy them for others who like them but it’s not for me and my hubby is the same BUT when it is a homemade card from the kids that’s totally different and that must be saved. 
Maybe it’s a generation thing

anyone remember fun house? We were talking last night about the game shows we used to watch as kids. I love my tv shows but nothing can beat gladiator. Even the remake was just not the same. 

there’s a lovely little brewery from my home town that’s done by blokes my hubby used to work with when at steel industry and hubby had run out of the kegs and they have no more stock so now he’s moaning that he has to slum it with hobgoblin. 

5 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Hi Vampiress88

Went to Bridlington last Wednesday it was packed, people on the beach hardly any parking. Plus an over 60s coach trip, no mask, gloves or anything. To be honest, you wouldn't have thought we was in a lockdown situation.

Toilets open,Busy Bees Fish Shop and the Trawl was open, all the big shops and  bakeries, and you could get coffee,  tea and ice creams.

Nothing open on the harbour.

So if you fancy a run out, I would suggest you go early.

Bob 

5 hours ago, pete14 said:

‘P&O sues’?  I had to read that twice to realise you weren’t referring to P&O being pro-active towards those threatening to sue them over cancellation and refunds! 😎😇

Yeah it’s worked I have done it properly this time , sorry to get you panicking there I’m afraid my English is very bad , anyway I’m back off my very long walk to the beach for my picnic 4 miles all round walk but it was far too busy for us and a lot of people braking the rules , multiple families sitting together etc anyway that was the first time we went out to the beach since lock down and it will be the last time for a while now ,we’ve both got a bit too much sun on our faces 🥵

59 minutes ago, bobupandown said:

Hi Vampiress88

Went to Bridlington last Wednesday it was packed, people on the beach hardly any parking. Plus an over 60s coach trip, no mask, gloves or anything. To be honest, you wouldn't have thought we was in a lockdown situation.

Toilets open,Busy Bees Fish Shop and the Trawl was open, all the big shops and  bakeries, and you could get coffee,  tea and ice creams.

Nothing open on the harbour.

So if you fancy a run out, I would suggest you go early.

Bob 

like the harbour for the fish and chips best. Only want that and ice cream.