P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Avril..

I did everything you suggested re the rhubarb, I even found some ginger at the back of the cupboard!   I made individual dishes.... it smelt delicious and looked perfect, then I dropped one, although it looked like I threw it at the cupboard.  What a mess.  It went everywhere and I have two slightly singed fingers.

So we shared just one in the end.  It was delicious and I will do it again when the rest of the rhubarb has grown a bit.   Thank you.

Happy birthday/anniversary to those celebrating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Just catching up from this morning so adding my birthday wishes to Mr Presto 2 and to Avril's daughter. Also Happy Anniversary to Pete and his wife.  I hope everyone has enjoyed their special day.

+ 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Obviously the house isn’t open at the moment but I like the fact it’s very ‘homely’ feels like a proper home despite its grand exterior.

It does - exactly that. My wife used to love the dining room, and its aspect, in particular. Frequently, even at a weekend, we'd be the only ones in there!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Avril..

I did everything you suggested re the rhubarb, I even found some ginger at the back of the cupboard!   I made individual dishes.... it smelt delicious and looked perfect, then I dropped one, although it looked like I threw it at the cupboard.  What a mess.  It went everywhere and I have two slightly singed fingers.

So we shared just one in the end.  It was delicious and I will do it again when the rest of the rhubarb has grown a bit.   Thank you.

Happy birthday/anniversary to those celebrating.

I'm pleased the rhubarb crumble turned out well for you, apart from the burnt fingers and the one thrown at the cupboard of course😁

Avril

• Like 1

Screenshot_2021-04-07-21-35-37_kindlephoto-93097601.png.33d083107704bf3f221fcabc458e0fce.png

Who can remember spending summers doing this.  My sister sent this to me because it reminded her of when we used to paddle in the stream when mum and dad would  take us for a picnic at Barlaston Downs.

Edited by Josy1953
I can't spell
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Josy1953 said:

Screenshot_2021-04-07-21-35-37_kindlephoto-93097601.png.33d083107704bf3f221fcabc458e0fce.png

Who can remember spending summer's doing this.  My sister sent this to me because it reminded her of when we used to paddle in the stream when mum and dad would  take us for a picnic at Barlaston Downs.

I can remember trying to net Sticklebacks in the stream when I went to visit Gran durimg  the summer, and picnics of spread cheese sandwiches, custard creams and a bottle of pop. 

Avril

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I can remember trying to net Sticklebacks in the stream when I went to visit Gran durimg  the summer, and picnics of spread cheese sandwiches, custard creams and a bottle of pop. 

Avril

And lashings of ginger beer.🤣

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Good Morning !  Grey, dry and cold out there but another good day, I'm a birthday boy, well not exactly a boy, 25 (x3) !  No visit to our favourite Italian Restaurant but a take away Chinese will be good later.

Happy birthday Bob.

I hope you have a fantastic day.

Graham.

• Like 1

Morning everyone :classic_smile: I wouldn't like to be on a picnic now as it's only 3.c but it

does get up to 12.c later . Last time we had a picnic we only had Chinese food ,

just a wok in the park you could say .:classic_unsure: The family near us had 300 sausage rolls

and 400 packet of crisp .Turns out that the guy misread his Mrs shopping list  when 

he should have been out  picnic buying :classic_ohmy: Anyway the weather looks half decent later 

so I think we may get a stroll in today before the weather turns again . Whatever your

all doing today stay safe and take care :classic_love:

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Good Morning !  Grey, dry and cold out there but another good day, I'm a birthday boy, well not exactly a boy, 25 (x3) !  No visit to our favourite Italian Restaurant but a take away Chinese will be good later.

animated-happy-birthday-image-0089.gif.db8336661a311e360c3d363b89129a6d.gifBob have a great day ! :classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Have a happy birthday Bob🍺. Maths was never my best subject, but even I know that 3 from 25 means you are 22 today😊😉

Avril

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Good morning(and Andy). Not so sunny this morning, but it's managing to come from behind the clouds now and again. A little warmer too, 7c at the moment with a feel of 4c and a promise of 11c later🤞. Nothing much on the cards for us again today, just another day of mooching around the house trying to find some dust that I may have missed yesterday, or the day before,  or the day before that or............

Have a good day whatever you're up to and take care.x

Avril

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Happy Birthday Bob. Have a great day and enjoy your Chinese. Jane.x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

Happy Birthday. Enjoy your day and the Chinese later.

Weather's not too bad down here, no wind, sun trying to come out and 9c feeling like 6c not supposed to get much warmer only expected to get to 10, but at least it's dry. Nothing planned for today although I have a pattern for a top that I want to make and found some materal online, only problem I don't know how  much I need. That will give the old brain a work out!😅

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

Happy Birthday Bob. I’m sure you will enjoy your Chinese today and then you can enjoy the Italian Restaurant when they re-open (so two celebrations this year).

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Happy Birthday, in 2 weeks time I will be the same age.

13 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Who can remember spending summers doing this.  My sister sent this to me because it reminded her of when we used to paddle in the stream when mum and dad would  take us for a picnic at Barlaston Downs.

Same here, used to jump the brooks around Tunstall Park and if you fell in and got wet it was your own fault and not the Council's for daring to have a brook in a park. Then the time came to go home and explain why you were soaking wet --- and you blamed it on your best friend for pushing you 😉 🙂 

It is currently 9°C and cloudy with rain forecast soon.

I'm watching A Place in the sun in Cyprus which like most programs on during the day is a repeat unfortunately.

We both watch Below Deck Mediterranean every night on E4 at 7.30pm so something to look forward to later.

Take care and stay safe everyone and hopefully Andy & Michelle are both well too.

• Like 1