P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

I hope the optimists are right

I remember the low case and death numbers early autumn.  I look around the world at the near continent and India and Brazil.  There are still potential pratfalls

It is wonderful that we have vaccines and ongoing vaccine developments but I still think a degree of caution is required.  That’s how I’ll operate for the foreseeable future anyway.

You need to be cautious to avoid pratfalls. That would be humiliating.

Lots of pictures in the papers of various buildings being used for alfresco dining, ranging from beach hut style huts, to glass domes.  Yet the regulations state that 50% of the wall space must be "open" . Are all these ingenious shelters therefore illegal?

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Lots of pictures in the papers of various buildings being used for alfresco dining, ranging from beach hut style huts, to glass domes.  Yet the regulations state that 50% of the wall space must be "open" . Are all these ingenious shelters therefore illegal?

I had the same thought, I'm sure that some of them must be.

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Probably. Strange virus. You can catch it having a pint and a meal with your OH in a plastic tent outside the pub, but it is safe to have an indoor haircut, or even a massage.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Probably. Strange virus. You can catch it having a pint and a meal with your OH in a plastic tent outside the pub, but it is safe to have an indoor haircut, or even a massage.

I understand your comment, although a crowded indoor pub setting is different to a one on one hairdressing situation, just my opinion !

What on earth am I seeing!!!!?? I've been looking through some online news and the  pictures of the queues outside J D Sports and Primark, stores around the country is jaw-dropping. No social distancing whatsoever, and hardly a mask in sight. One young woman was so proud of the fact she'd queued for ages to spend £15 on gym wear and shorts. Her life is now complete. I despair, I honestly do.

Avril 

• Like 10

49 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I can only speak of my hairdresser but everyone is wearing masks and there is a large notice on the door stating that anyone refusing to wear a mask will be asked to leave.  A council inspector came in to check that the salon is covid safe while I was there. She did say that they would be making spot checks for the foreseeable future.  I don't know whether this is a Stoke Council initiative or nationwide. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

What on earth am I seeing!!!!?? I've been looking through some online news and the  pictures of the queues outside J D Sports and Primark, stores around the country is jaw-dropping. No social distancing whatsoever, and hardly a mask in sight. One young woman was so proud of the fact she'd queued for ages to spend £15 on gym wear and shorts. Her life is now complete. I despair, I honestly do.

Avril 

Unbelievable!!. Senior folk who should know better queueing up to have their roots touched up. 🤣. Perhaps looking good in the gym is important to that young Lady. Youngsters trying to look their best, who could believe it Avril.🤣

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I can only speak of my hairdresser but everyone is wearing masks and there is a large notice on the door stating that anyone refusing to wear a mask will be asked to leave.  A council inspector came in to check that the salon is covid safe while I was there. She did say that they would be making spot checks for the foreseeable future.  I don't know whether this is a Stoke Council initiative or nationwide. 

Massages ok. ?

16 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril 

I have to say I cannot believe all those rushing to queue up outside in the cold to go inside a shop today! A hairdressers I do completely understand tho.

I’m looking forward to a mooch around M&S or wherever but I shall be waiting another week or so.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Unbelievable!!. Senior folk who should know better queueing up to have their roots touched up. 🤣. Perhaps looking good in the gym is important to that young Lady. Youngsters trying to look their best, who could believe it Avril.🤣

Ah, sarcasm😁  It doesn't change the seriousness of what we're seeing nor what the likely outcome could be😉

Avril

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3_Vicky-Pollard.jpg.97e1c20d8e4207311fae9fce44de7650.jpg 

Some people need to shop in JD 'S  cos we need to look good and then cross

the road to Primark for underwear n things like that and if I find out who keeps 

touching up our Cassandra-Amy- - Lee's roots .. They will be dead, so there !

Am I bovvered ??  

vickypollard-natalie3.jpg.1061a358f030c6a3ba856bf901598dc9.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I have to say I cannot believe all those rushing to queue up outside in the cold to go inside a shop today! A hairdressers I do completely understand tho.

I’m looking forward to a mooch around M&S or wherever but I shall be waiting another week or so.

Those sitting outside in the snow for a pint after midnight amazed me.

Avril

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Those sitting outside in the snow for a pint after midnight amazed me.

Avril

Some people anytime is a good time .Way before covid ,going through Manchester airport

at 3:30 am watching half asleep people suddenly come to life once they got hold of a pint

in the bar there .Even at airport prices ,they were up for it .

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Ah, sarcasm😁  It doesn't change the seriousness of what we're seeing nor what the likely outcome could be😉

Avril

Avril, we all know that the Great British Public can be trusted. The politicians keep telling us that, so it must be true.

Those scenes, and all the others, are clearly a figment of your imagination. And mine.

Lockdown has played games with our eyes. I’d make a Specsavers joke here, but best not. People get upset. 😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Massages 

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Massages ok. ?

Maybe ?  The oldies like me who were in there today don't go in for that sort of thing, we wait until we can go to the spa on  the ship 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

I am the same about shopping, there is nothing that I need so urgently that I am willing to go into crowded shops.

I have just been out which meant that I had to drive past a pub and I couldn't believe how many people were sitting outside there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Perhaps some of those in the queue to go into Primark were folk with young kids who went back to school. If they were watching the pennies and had time constraints, their choice may have been limited. Shops have been closed for months. ......just saying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Or the camera angle Harry😉

Avril

That is not as sarcastic as some might think, there were 2 photos I saw on line of Bournenouth beach last summer, the ground level one looked as though people were sat on top of one another,  but the drone view clearly showed small groups socially distanced.

• Like 2