P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I like big ships, little ships, classic ships and glitzy ships- infact most types of ships if I'm sailing on them! I  like certain aspects of most of the ships I have sailed on and not  so keen on other aspects. I think its great that there is a good choice to suit all tastes. Wouldn't it be boring if we all liked the same thing? Can't wait until my next cruise!

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I have Graham - and I'm really looking forward to them all. I'm a very lucky girl to have so much to be thankful for. At the surgery, everyone is really flagging now and I am trying to persuade all the staff to take a break - even if it's just a week at home. They've all done such a wonderful job managing the Covid vaccine bookings, marshalling at the hub, and being open to public. Although the vaccinators get all the acclaim for doing such a great job, and they have, it's the behind the scenes guys and girls who have held it all together. Have a good day Graham. Best wishes to you and Pauline. Jane.x

You have all been totally amazing!

thank you thank you thank you for help keep us all safe and well

Michelle

• Like 8

Other than listing our future cruises I'm on the 2nd of my 4 days off from Test & Trace on the mobile testing unit. The last 4 days were spent in Bolton at the request of the local council due to the rise of the Indian variant there, so we had a full on 4 days with extended opening hours. The whole town had extra testing units as well as vaccination centres which no doubt you have seen from the news channels. I suspect we will be deployed there again on our next 4 day rotation.

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, wowzz said:

But that's what we enjoy! We want to sit on the balcony and enjoy the sound of the sea, watch the moonlight on the water, not hearing music or people.  

I totally understand why people might enjoy Central Park, but it's not the sort of cruising that we enjoy. Might as well go and stay in a multi storey hotel!

We prefer quiet, relaxed, traditional cruising by choice. I love just staring out to sea watching the ever changing wave formations or finding a quiet corner to read a factual book borrowed from the library. Many cruise lines seem to be going down the fun time Freddy Las Vegas hotel type model where people have to be entertained 24/7.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Other than listing our future cruises I'm on the 2nd of my 4 days off from Test & Trace on the mobile testing unit. The last 4 days were spent in Bolton at the request of the local council due to the rise of the Indian variant there, so we had a full on 4 days with extended opening hours. The whole town had extra testing units as well as vaccination centres which no doubt you have seen from the news channels. I suspect we will be deployed there again on our next 4 day rotation.

Well done Pete for all your help in this that you do 👏🏽 and keep yourself safe , I know you’ve had the vacations but still keep extra safe for now in what you are doing 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Take care and stay safe to you and all you other Test & Trace guys out there , you are all doing 

a great/important  job in the battle against covid .  Thank You :classic_smile:

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Thank you for all you are doing.Formby, where my Mum lives has seen a rise in the Indian varient too and there have been mobile testing units and extra vaccination sessions which hopefully will stop the spread.I think its great that so many people are willing to help fight covid whether paid or volunteers, medics or organisational help.🙂

• Like 7

Many thanks to everyone that is helping in the fight against this nasty desease, it is a shame many are late getting the vaccine, not through unavailability but ignorance and fear. Hopefully this Indian variant has been a wakeup call.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

But that's what we enjoy! We want to sit on the balcony and enjoy the sound of the sea, watch the moonlight on the water, not hearing music or people.  

I totally understand why people might enjoy Central Park, but it's not the sort of cruising that we enjoy. Might as well go and stay in a multi storey hotel!

We sat here for 5 hours on Sunday looking out to sea.

IMG_20210513_123438.jpg

1 hour ago, peteukmcr said:

Up to May 2023 we have booked

MSC Virtuosa (June 2021)
Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady (Aug 2021)

Jewel (Oct 2021)
Ovation (March 2022 - but we are likely to cancel that due to ongoing restrictions in entering Australia)

Marella Discovery 2 (old Legend of the Seas)

NCL Epic (June 2022)
Carnival Mardi Gras (October 2022)

NCL Prima (May 2023)

Need to fit Iona in somewhere!

We were due to be on Iona in February 2021 for a 14 night Canary Islands cruise from Southampton but sadly covid19 put paid to that.

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

I have Graham - and I'm really looking forward to them all. I'm a very lucky girl to have so much to be thankful for. At the surgery, everyone is really flagging now and I am trying to persuade all the staff to take a break - even if it's just a week at home. They've all done such a wonderful job managing the Covid vaccine bookings, marshalling at the hub, and being open to public. Although the vaccinators get all the acclaim for doing such a great job, and they have, it's the behind the scenes guys and girls who have held it all together. Have a good day Graham. Best wishes to you and Pauline. Jane.x

Thank you Jane.

You deserve to have nice cruises to look forward to.

Best wishes to you Jane from both of us x.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

That is how we like to end every perfect day onboard. A quiet drink on the balcony before bed. Wonderful.

Avril

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We were due to be on Iona in February 2021 for a 14 night Canary Islands cruise from Southampton but sadly covid19 put paid to that.

We are on the February 2022 one graham to the canaries 🌞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brian1 said:

She was great last week,she lost her voice halfway thru.

I think this 2 partner was one of the best editions. The fact that she had lost her voice was just coincidental.🛳️

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

I like big ships, little ships, classic ships and glitzy ships- infact most types of ships if I'm sailing on them! I  like certain aspects of most of the ships I have sailed on and not  so keen on other aspects. I think its great that there is a good choice to suit all tastes. Wouldn't it be boring if we all liked the same thing? Can't wait until my next cruise!

+1.👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

We prefer quiet, relaxed, traditional cruising by choice. I love just staring out to sea watching the ever changing wave formations or finding a quiet corner to read a factual book borrowed from the library. Many cruise lines seem to be going down the fun time Freddy Las Vegas hotel type model where people have to be entertained 24/7.

We prefer sitting on our balcony in the evening watching the ever changing seascape before a quiet intimate dinner....then off to the Broadway show and then the silent disco to boogie till the wee hours, with a go on the dodgems before off to bed.

28 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

That is how we like to end every perfect day onboard. A quiet drink on the balcony before bed. Wonderful.

Avril

Personally we could sit all day looking out to sea.

We also sit on our ship balcony with a hot chocolate and a coffee every night.

We love the ships facilities but looking out to sea is one of our favourite pastimes hence all the daily beach photos I have previously posted.

IMG-20210518-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20210518-WA0000.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, peteukmcr said:

Thank you and well done for your good work for others Pete 

• Like 3

A lovely sunny morning here in Stoke, I am hoping that it manages to stay like this for bowling this afternoon.

I am booked for Covid stewarding 3 days this week, 2 of which are at our own doctors surgery so walking distance for a change.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, peteukmcr said:

Because maybe when it’s pitch black and you can’t see anything from your balcony cabin facing the sea at night but if you are facing ‘Central Park’ can enjoy listening to a string quartet from the comfort of your balcony, or watch an aquatic show in the Aqua Theatre. 

5C29F17E-DD14-4294-ABED-16B7E4305704.jpeg

Between your and Graham's photos I am starting to be tempted to try RCI, we have stuck with Princess, P&O and Celebrity in the past.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Many thanks to everyone that is helping in the fight against this nasty desease, it is a shame many are late getting the vaccine, not through unavailability but ignorance and fear. Hopefully this Indian variant has been a wakeup call.

I noticed from the news yesterday that even 17 year olds were queuing for the vaccine. It's such a pity that it had to come to this before they changed their minds about the importance of being vaccinated. Having said that, there are still many that are refusing.

Avril

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

A lovely sunny morning here in Stoke, I am hoping that it manages to stay like this for bowling this afternoon.

I am booked for Covid stewarding 3 days this week, 2 of which are at our own doctors surgery so walking distance for a change.

Good luck today with the bowling Josy🤞

Avril

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I noticed from the news yesterday that even 17 year olds were queuing for the vaccine. It's such a pity that it had to come to this before they changed their minds about the importance of being vaccinated. Having said that, there are still many that are refusing.

Avril

Hopefully more of the refusers will change their mind.

• Like 7