P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Big day today- the annual bin washing day has arrived, which, as regular readers will know, was one of the highlights of last year!

This year, the event will be bigger better, and brasher than ever!

The event will be officially opened by a short speech from Mr Wilfred. Gary Barlow will, fortunately,  only sing two songs, "Under Pressure"  and "I've Bin Missing You", and a bottle of Hirondelle will be smashed on the pressure washer by Slack Alice, who has been specially let out on day release.

After the ceremony, commemorative Yorkshire Puddings with Onion Gravy will be available,  to be washed down with the contents of a Party Seven that I have found in the back of the shed, assuming I am able to open the can with a hammer and screw driver.

Some loyal readers will have received invites to attend the event  virtually. I am pleased that no one has complained  about being left off the invitation list. However due to unexpected technical difficulties (my extension cable is not long enough) the live feed cannot now take place - I will, however, be sending out postcards to the select few, so that will be something to look forward to.

If wet, the event will take place in the church hall, which, unfortunately last night was placed in the Purple zone by Tony Hancock,  due to a local rise in the incidence of athletes foot, so those attending will be issued with special socks and talcum powder, and will have to self isolate for 3 days, wearing carpet slippers, on their return home.

I think that covers everything - off to liaise with the police about establishing a local exclusion zone. 

• Like 13
  • Haha 10

24 minutes ago, kalos said:

There are many foods as well as porridge that can be served sliced. 

Morning Kalos. I hope you're well after your hospital visit yesterday. 

When I was first married I decided to make a rice pudding for after dinner. Easy right?? Wrong!!! A packet of rice, a pint of milk, sugar, a little butter and nutmeg on top and in the oven. Simple. It came out of the oven in a solid block 😖 Ever helpful Frank said to cut it in slices and spread the jam on it.  I never made that mistake again. The birds enjoyed it though, without the jam😁

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Big day today- the annual bin washing day has arrived, which, as regular readers will know, was one of the highlights of last year!

The event will be officially opened by a short speech from Mr Wilfred. Gary Barlow will, fortunately,  only sing two songs, "Under Pressure"  and "I've Bin Missing You", and a bottle of Hirondelle will be smashed on the pressure washer by Slack Alice, who has been specially let out on day release.

After the ceremony, commemorative Yorkshire Puddings with Onion Gravy will be available,  to be washed down with the contents of a Party Seven that I have found in the back of the shed, assuming I am able to open the can with a hammer and screw driver.

Some loyal readers will have received invites to attend the event  virtually. I am pleased that no one has complained  about being left off the invitation list. However due to unexpected technical difficulties (my extension cable is not long enough) the live feed cannot now take place - I will, however, be sending out postcards to the select few, so that will be something to look forward to.

If wet, the event will take place in the church hall, which, unfortunately last night was placed in the Purple zone by Tony Hancock,  due to a local rise in the incidence of athletes foot, so those attending will be issued with special socks and talcum powder, and will have to self isolate for 3 days, wearing carpet slippers, on their return home.

I think that covers everything - off to liaise with the police about establishing a local exclusion zone. 

I'm so excited wowzz. I think I'll open the Cherry B's I've been saving for a special occasion.🥳 Hopefully waiting for a postcard🤞 

Avril     

• Like 3

All this talk of cold porridge reminded me of the Steptoe and Son episode when the escape prisoners ( Leonard Rossiter and another I can't remember) were eating the Steptoes leftovers,

They decided they were better off in jail, anyone else remember that classic.

• Like 1

Good morning. Another promising day weather wise, lazy afternoon on the patio, after a couple of jobs around the house.

Thanks Kalos for another cracker, better than a script of Fools and Horses !

The cruise I was thinking about on 8th June is still for sale and dropped £50 on my favourite cruise site, £550 for a balcony, week, with drinks. If  I mention it again to my wife she will kill me !!

Stay safe.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Two sights to behold in Lincolnshire has to be the Red Arrows and your Jet washer :classic_love:

Is Rodger on your VIP list Wowzz :classic_ohmy::classic_unsure:

10 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning Kalos. I hope you're well after your hospital visit yesterday.  

Ever helpful Frank said to cut it in slices and spread the jam on it.  I never made that mistake again. The birds enjoyed it though, without the jam😁

Avril

🎶 Hey Mr tambourine man, save a slice for me :classic_love:  🎶

I'm feeling fine thanks Avril :classic_smile:

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Good morning. Another promising day weather wise, lazy afternoon on the patio, after a couple of jobs around the house.

Thanks Kalos for another cracker, better than a script of Fools and Horses !

The cruise I was thinking about on 8th June is still for sale and dropped £50 on my favourite cruise site, £550 for a balcony, week, with drinks. If  I mention it again to my wife she will kill me !!

Stay safe.

Morning Bob

That’s interesting 

There’s a bit of a reluctance to go for these cruises then?  Not everyone is as keen as some here (fact not sniping)?

fwiw I’m with Mrs Bob on this one, though I’m interested to hear how things go from the trailblazers

Wishing Wowzz well for the big day!  Come this evening we can ask “How ya bin?”

Walkies & Friday fish purchase time.  I think I’ll do a Spanish style hake with butter beans & chorizo, like P&O do with cod.  V tasty and a nice vehicle to justify a bottle of rustic red

Have a good day.  See ya!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bloodaxe said:

All this talk of cold porridge reminded me of the Steptoe and Son episode when the escape prisoners ( Leonard Rossiter and another I can't remember) were eating the Steptoes leftovers,

They decided they were better off in jail, anyone else remember that classic.

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Morning Bob

That’s interesting 

There’s a bit of a reluctance to go for these cruises then?  Not everyone is as keen as some here (fact not sniping)?

fwiw I’m with Mrs Bob on this one, though I’m interested to hear how things go from the trailblazers

Wishing Wowzz well for the big day!  Come this evening we can ask “How ya bin?”

Walkies & Friday fish purchase time.  I think I’ll do a Spanish style hake with butter beans & chorizo, like P&O do with cod.  V tasty and a nice vehicle to justify a bottle of rustic red

Have a good day.  See ya!

Morning Eddie

From the comments on faceache and yt, the MSC early cruises have been very good. Low passenger numbers, 1000, on a 6000 capacity ship and  strict mask wearing unless eating, drinking and lounging on deck. My wife is understandably worried because they do not insist on vaccinated passengers.

On 6/1/2021 at 9:03 AM, Peanut006 said:

It’s the youngsters who I feel sorry for.

We all have many happy memories of our youth from school proms to going out with our mates at night.
Apart from no holidays, not going out for meals and coffee, seeing the grandchildren and friends less my life hasn’t  been dramatically different.

Michelle

I agree but what makes life for me is seeing my friends and family and looking after my grandson. I missed a year of his life 😞 Also going out for meals was our social life, lunch mostly nowadays not evenings 😊 As we’re able to do those things now I would be ok with the release of lockdown being delayed as long as we don’t go backwards again. 
Seeing on the news today all the jobs that could be lost in the travel industry is very sad. 

• Like 1

Hello everyone - thanks to Kalos and wowzz  for the funnies which help reduce the stress I am currently undergoing thanks to BT and Openreach.  Does anyone else ever have problems with them?

There are enough problems going for all of us without dealing with inefficiency as well.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Absolutely brilliant 😊

2 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Hello everyone - thanks to Kalos and wowzz  for the funnies which help reduce the stress I am currently undergoing thanks to BT and Openreach.  Does anyone else ever have problems with them?

There are enough problems going for all of us without dealing with inefficiency as well.

I had to wait a long time for Open Reach to fix my phone line last year in the first lockdown. Finally a nice young man finally came in my home and fixed it. They kept saying they’d fixed it ‘remotely’ but they needed to be inside to see the problem. I was without internet for 3 weeks. Hope you sort yours soon.

42 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Morning Eddie

From the comments on faceache and yt, the MSC early cruises have been very good. Low passenger numbers, 1000, on a 6000 capacity ship and  strict mask wearing unless eating, drinking and lounging on deck. My wife is understandably worried because they do not insist on vaccinated passengers.

We've just postponed our 10 day Barcelona to Barcelona on the Virtuosa in Oct.Carried over the 200 quid deposit till next year.This is the 2nd time,hopefully 3rd time lucky.They do have a clever system on their big ships where there are at least 3 embark and debark ports on the itinerary.You don't get 5000 peeps all piling on and off at once.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 1

Good morning everyone. Sorry haven’t managed to read all the posts yet but hope all are well. Picked up my grandson again Wednesday on the bus. He was SO excited when I arrived to pick him up! 
Had a new garden set arrive yesterday via Amazon but not sold by them. John unpacked it all and discovered we are without the parasol 🙄 Luckily it’s the best thing they could have missed as we do have another one and we wanted more chairs and a bigger table for Sunday. I’ve emailed the seller and had a reply apologising and saying they’ll send the parasol out. So hopefully all good.

• Like 2

Hi Sue,we've booked a place called the Walpole Bay hotel.It's only a 5 min walk from our friends.Looks a bit like faulty towers but have got a balcony seaview and breakfast all for 110 quid.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hi Sue,we've booked a place called the Walpole Bay hotel.It's only a 5 min walk from our friends.Looks a bit like faulty towers but have got a balcony seaview and breakfast all for 110 quid.Cheers,Brian.

Hope it’s good Brian! A sea view and a balcony can’t be bad. That’s near Margate isn’t it?  
Hope you get the sun, we have a random day of rain here after days of sun!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Hope it’s good Brian! A sea view and a balcony can’t be bad. That’s near Margate isn’t it?  
Hope you get the sun, we have a random day of rain here after days of sun!

Cheers,yes the address is Margate but on the map it seems more Cliftonville.Don't know the area at all but the latter sounds posher,lol.

We're off to Uckfield in Sussex to stay with our old neighbours in Italy,they sold up last year.Got their 3 bottles of 95% alcool which we could have blown the Chunnell up with,lol.After we're off to Sevenoaks to stay with our daughter for 2 nights.Cramming all this in then if the frogs let us thru France,we're off to Italy.I can do Calais to Como in 10hrs so 1 test should suffice for France,Swiss and Italy.Not looking hopeful though.

• Like 3

Well I have woken up extremely sore. 

rode my new motorbike yesterday after not doing any riding for 8 years. Have forgotten most of how to ride, took a corner too tight and came straight off broke the indicator. 

with all this Portugal talk everywhere does make me wonder what the point in the vaccines when most other countries are getting on with it. P*** up in a brewery comes to mind. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

My childhood holidays were spent in Cliftonville, and the Walpole Bay Hotel always seemed very posh. 

Margate is now one of our regular day trip destinations, and I keep meaning to go to the Walpole Bay for lunch, but haven’t got round to it yet 

• Like 2