P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello all, bit of a long journey (M6 say no more!) but we have arrived and settled into our apartment! I’m loving my balcony already 😊

5098D9C4-B1D7-4827-9998-BE9E207ADF7D.jpeg

CCE22EAF-347A-4629-97B0-8C2BA432DAAF.jpeg

It looks lovely.Enjoy!

• Like 3

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We took our Sarah out for a meal tonight at all of our Favourite Italian restaurant.

We had such a great time I almost forgot to take a photo of my main meal.

Graham.

IMG_20210709_194406.jpg

I hope you sung football songs at the top of your voice Graham😊

Sing with me... SWEET CAROLINE... 

Andy 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Not sure if everyone knows this but at 2pm tomorrow Virgin are going to launch their new 'space ship' with a crew onboard (including Richard Branson). So if you're bored with tennis and fed up (like me) of the build up to the football it could be a nice distraction!

Been reading all of the issues those of you who took part in the vaccine trials. Surprised that JB has not replied as he is usually pretty good at getting back when e-mailed. I'd try again !

Anyway, not on me jollies this weekend so off to Crewe (oh the excitement) to do some shopping and then go searching for new furniture. We are decorating over the holidays (oh deep joy) so are planning ahead. Hubby very miserable as he hates decorating with a passion ! 

Have a good day everyone

• Like 3

I am just home from a lesson in how to shop.  I foolishly asked my niece's  daughter what she would like for her 11th birthday on Monday and she asked if I would take her shopping at the Trafford Centre.  I now need a week to recover and my bank account needs a year to recover.  I am certain that I  was never so interested  in shopping as she is. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

I hope you sung football songs at the top of your voice Graham😊

Sing with me... SWEET CAROLINE... 

Andy 

Why do they sing that? I understand the Lightening Seeds song (which is very catchy and Frank Skinners/ David Badils pension plan) by why Neil Diamond.

9 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Thanks for the explanation Kalos. I like Neil diamond and know most of his back catalogue by heart (including the chords). Strange choice though.

A favourite at international cricket matches as well. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Thanks for the explanation Kalos. I like Neil diamond and know most of his back catalogue by heart (including the chords). Strange choice though.

It's just an easy sing along song, as proven on many sail aways, New Year celebrations etc on P&O... 

Andy 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

It's just an easy sing along song, as proven on many sail aways, New Year celebrations etc on P&O... 

Andy 

It’s not easy to play, the dum dum dum bit needs agile fingers on a guitar!

As you say an easy and fairly jolly sing along.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Not sure if everyone knows this but at 2pm tomorrow Virgin are going to launch their new 'space ship' with a crew onboard (including Richard Branson). So if you're bored with tennis and fed up (like me) of the build up to the football it could be a nice distraction!

Been reading all of the issues those of you who took part in the vaccine trials. Surprised that JB has not replied as he is usually pretty good at getting back when e-mailed. I'd try again !

Anyway, not on me jollies this weekend so off to Crewe (oh the excitement) to do some shopping and then go searching for new furniture. We are decorating over the holidays (oh deep joy) so are planning ahead. Hubby very miserable as he hates decorating with a passion ! 

Have a good day everyone

Everytime hubby redecorates I learn some new swear words. You'd think I would know them all now after 44 years of married life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Evening everyone, hope everyone is keeping well

Just had a quick read through the posts. Have a good holiday Sue, I need one!! I haven't had a much time to come on here since starting work, and as I spend a lot of my day looking at a laptop screen I tend to spend less time on mine. 

Graham, looks like a nice pizza, hop you enjoyed it.

Spent today at work and then straight to my daughter's as she wanted me to shorten some curtains. Measured them in situ, came home, turn them up and have now sewn them, so all ready to go back. Tomorrow it's another busy day, off out shopping, back home for dinner with hubby, daughter, partner and grandaughter, before my sons arrive to watch the football.  So much for having a quiet day off! At least I can't say I'm bored!!

Enjoy your weekend.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A quiet day today after a busy week in the garden, installing new security cameras, plus an online session with hospital physio. Lots of birthday messages, but won’t see my children until tomorrow or Monday evening. Youngest son was out on business today, so is visiting tomorrow, daughter comes out of self isolation on Monday, so Monday evening will be a Father’s Day and Birthday in one as she has been in isolation on 2 occasions since 21 June, period of the teaching profession.

Tomorrow we will turn to the thoughts of packing for our week away in North Wales this coming week, what to take as forecast looks mixed. This will be first holiday since a break in Devon in October 2019, 2 cruises cancelled in 2020, none booked this year due to uncertainty. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

A quiet day today after a busy week in the garden, installing new security cameras, plus an online session with hospital physio. Lots of birthday messages, but won’t see my children until tomorrow or Monday evening. Youngest son was out on business today, so is visiting tomorrow, daughter comes out of self isolation on Monday, so Monday evening will be a Father’s Day and Birthday in one as she has been in isolation on 2 occasions since 21 June, period of the teaching profession.

Tomorrow we will turn to the thoughts of packing for our week away in North Wales this coming week, what to take as forecast looks mixed. This will be first holiday since a break in Devon in October 2019, 2 cruises cancelled in 2020, none booked this year due to uncertainty. 

Happy Birthday!My sons birthday was on Wednesday and his present was England winning.It is his father in laws birthday tomorrow and he's hoping for a winning birthday too!

• Like 2

Happy Birthday, and have a good celebration on Monday.

Happy birthday wishes from Pauline and I.

I hope you have a wonderful week in North Wales.

Graham.

Good morning hope everyone's Ok ,I thought I would do a quick morning post.:classic_smile:
This week has been a busy but fruitful week .Mr tax man has gave me a couple of

grand back which makes me happy .Also whilst renewing our car insurance I decided 
to ring them up and remove our employment status from the policy and they gave us

a fair price reduction ,so looks like I have the  Midas touch this week. Check your policy

guys ,don't be paying for something you do not do anymore .

And back to today 
Can you believe it, fifty five years I've waited and it's finally happened. They did it!! They

actually  did it, I still can't believe it! The council have filled the pothole in  our  street. :classic_ohmy:
Three Lions on my shirt ?  Never again ! That’s the last time I get out of my car at Longleat!!
My friend who lives up Scotland has got the right hump on with Sports Direct all because 
they won't exchange his Denmark shirt for an Italian one ,I never knew his hobby was

collecting football shirts . :classic_unsure:  Well fingers crossed and with a bit of luck we can win this
match but if not I'm still proud of where the lads have got to, but I don't like losing !
So to avoid this I think I may put a £1 bet on Italy ,that way, one way or another come 
Monday I will be a winner .I will have never been so happy to lose a £1 though ! :classic_wink:
Whether you like football or not whatever you're doing  today , have a good one and 
stay safe everyone  ! :classic_love:

• Like 15

Good morning Kalos, I’m very pleased for you about that tax man , my husband got a nice surprise too from mr tax man but not has fruitful as you 😁 but refunds are great, also good point on the insurance policy about employment change !! I can’t remember if I mentioned it to them he is now retired and doesn’t use the car for work .

Been very busy week for me with trying to buy new furniture for my flat ( we’re down sizing) everything taking so long 18 weeks for wardrobes 12 for settees, etc can’t get my wooden floor layer until August 25 th , then trying to sort out a 3 bedroom house stuff , while I’m sleeping on my mother in-laws couch looking after her while dads in hospital with shingles 😩 very stressful week but I never knew how hard it is to choose new colours and soft furnishings for every room what a nightmare to have 😂 here’s hoping you and everyone has a good day watch football today , and tennis final, sport Sunday 🥅

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, kalos said:

To ensure fair play today in Wembley's VAR room ...

fairplay.thumb.jpg.0c75e59377cd51d1ff3b7133f01dcf2d.jpg

Great posts Kalos. It's so good to read you again in the morning. Well you have had a good week! The tax man's your new best friend, the insurance company was in a good mood, and you're quids in. Well done you.

True or not, I loved the tale of your mate in Scotland. Talking of football shirts, my 2 grandaughters decided they MUST have an England shirt to wear tonight. The world will end if they don't have one! They are all going out to watch the match tonight as they did for the semis. Anyway mum and dad went on a trawl of North London with them to try and buy them one. No chance. London has sold out. However, in one Sports Direct my eagle-eyed girls spotted an incoming delivery of Nike Jordan trainers - another must, absolutely must-have, for any cool teenager at the moment, and impossible to get hold of. So, my daughter and SIL are still recovering from the cost and now can't afford to go out tonight ( not really). I'm just glad I wasn't with them because nanny can't ever say no!

I hope you and Mrs Kalos are both well. Have a good day and keep safe. Best wishes. Jane.xx

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Good morning hope everyone's Ok ,I thought I would do a quick morning post.:classic_smile:
This week has been a busy but fruitful week .Mr tax man has gave me a couple of

grand back which makes me happy .Also whilst renewing our car insurance I decided 
to ring them up and remove our employment status from the policy and they gave us

a fair price reduction ,so looks like I have the  Midas touch this week. Check your policy

guys ,don't be paying for something you do not do anymore .

And back to today 
Can you believe it, fifty five years I've waited and it's finally happened. They did it!! They

actually  did it, I still can't believe it! The council have filled the pothole in  our  street. :classic_ohmy:
Three Lions on my shirt ?  Never again ! That’s the last time I get out of my car at Longleat!!
My friend who lives up Scotland has got the right hump on with Sports Direct all because 
they won't exchange his Denmark shirt for an Italian one ,I never knew his hobby was

collecting football shirts . :classic_unsure:  Well fingers crossed and with a bit of luck we can win this
match but if not I'm still proud of where the lads have got to, but I don't like losing !
So to avoid this I think I may put a £1 bet on Italy ,that way, one way or another come 
Monday I will be a winner .I will have never been so happy to lose a £1 though ! :classic_wink:
Whether you like football or not whatever you're doing  today , have a good one and 
stay safe everyone  ! :classic_love:

Lovely to see you posing a morning pick me up again Kalos and on such a special day for England.  Whether we win or lose it will be super exciting (of course I want us to win) the whole day. We will all always remember this day.

Have a lovely day everyone and stay safe

Michelle

• Like 5

Morning all

Lovely to hear from you Kalos, what a nice treat from the tax man.

A busy sports viewing day indeed today!

Wimbledon first, we' had some great results in the wheelchair tennis yesterday but I felt so sorry for the players playing to a very small crowd, then Tour de France and then of course the football!  I'm just glad there's no F1 this weekend or there wouldn't be time to watch it all.

Before all that my OH and I need to paint the side of my parents house while we actually have a dry day.

Have a good day everyone

• Like 4