PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

19 hours ago, suzyed said:

Rough couple of weeks/months.....been to NY twice to spend time with my 92 year old mom.  My dear mom passed away last week...I'm so very sad but know she is at peace.
NY is still at 25-50% occupancy in many cases.  We were limited on how many we could have at the funeral home at one time and how many could actually be at the burial.  Sure made a sad and stressful time even more so.
Glad to back home in Florida.

So very sorry  it is rough to loose a parent .I have been there twice.

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Susan and Chuck,

I am so sorry for your loss. 🙏🏻
Tony

12 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Susan and Chuck,

I am so sorry for your loss. 🙏🏻
Tony

Thank you, Tony.

More cancellations?  Drat!  I am watching how the NCL vs DeSantis battle goes. I’d think the cruise lines entering international waters could require vaccinations for the protection of passengers, crew and population of islands they will be visiting.  It will be interesting to see how that is resolved.  

• Like 2

I came across a breath of fresh air! CDC came out with a statement today. Here is just part of the article: No yelling at me. I am not the CDC. 😬

WASHINGTON — The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Thursday that people who are fully vaccinated no longer have to wear masks in many indoor situations. The new guidance reflects evidence that vaccines are highly effective in preventing serious and critical cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus.

“Anyone who is fully vaccinated can participate in indoor and outdoor activities large or small without wearing a mask or physical distancing,” CDC Director Rochelle Walensky said. She looked relieved as she made the announcement, in a break from the mostly somber comportment of public health officials since the pandemic began.

A new notice on the agency’s website explains that masks should still be worn on “planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation,” as well as in “correctional facilities and homeless shelters.”

Walensky cited the “scientific data on the performance of our vaccines and our understanding of how the virus spreads” as reasons for lifting the mask guidance. Not only do the vaccines prevent people from falling ill with COVID-19, they also prevent people from spreading the virus to others who might then be sickened.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Reader0108598 said:

saw that also wonder how they prove if you have been vaccinated lol I have one more to go! I mean if I walk into the grocery store  do I have to show proof!

I've had two Pfizers.  Wouldn't it be nice if someone made a 'P2 pin' I could wear

proudly when out in public?  One could also wear an "M2' pin or a 'J2', etc.  If they were on a red background, they could be called red badges of courage.

19 minutes ago, 1980dory said:

I've had two Pfizers.  Wouldn't it be nice if someone made a 'P2 pin' I could wear

proudly when out in public?  One could also wear an "M2' pin or a 'J2', etc.  If they were on a red background, they could be called red badges of courage.

Hilarious! DH and I have been joking that we need a "Scarlet V" or a "Scarlet J&J".

23 minutes ago, nini said:

Hilarious! DH and I have been joking that we need a "Scarlet V" or a "Scarlet J&J".

And for those who refuse to get the vaccine, we could have a badge with a picture of a small chicken on a yellow background.   Put the letters C and L on it and you have Chicken Little.  Wear it proudly!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 1980dory said:

J&J only takes one shot not two. So J1 ?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

This is truly amazing! And to think everyone on CC laughed at me when I told about the Senators from Alaska introducing the "Alaska Tourism Recovery Act"!!!!

2 hours ago, taznremmy said:

I will be the first to admit I thought it would never happen. Still has a few steps yet but totally agree between the CDC announcement and this, things are really heading in a great direction:)

7 hours ago, 1980dory said:

Hi 1980,

Great idea I love it. 😁

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

6 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi 1980,

Great idea I love it. 😁

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Tony,

Why not reconsider joining us on the Enchanted sailing out of FLL for 25 night cruise to the Baltic, Estonia and Russia on 4-9-22?  I really believe this one is going to happen next April.

Dory

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 1980dory said:

Actually Amazon had pins that state just that!  "i'm vaccinated"!!!

On 5/11/2021 at 1:03 PM, suzyed said:

Rough couple of weeks/months.....been to NY twice to spend time with my 92 year old mom.  My dear mom passed away last week...I'm so very sad but know she is at peace.
NY is still at 25-50% occupancy in many cases.  We were limited on how many we could have at the funeral home at one time and how many could actually be at the burial.  Sure made a sad and stressful time even more so.

I am very sorry to hear that your mom has passed away.  My mother would tell me that "you honor the deceased by living".  By going on and keeping her in you heart.

Very sorry for your loss.

Maria

On 5/11/2021 at 1:03 PM, suzyed said:

So sorry for your loss.