PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

9 minutes ago, donswife said:

I'm in Vancouver,  WA and we got 6-8". I think the whole county has 2 snowplows, its a mess. 

But i bet it is beautiful!!  Vancouver is gorgeous on a clear day; can't imagine how great it looks covered in snow.   Pictures please!  🏔️❄️

Just now, nini said:

One daughter in Happy Valley has no power and other daughter in Hillsboro has power. Go figure.

That never makes sense. Even once in our street we lost power which is pretty rare, however the even numbered houses had power the opposite side had no power 🙄.

Just now, Loki S said:

That never makes sense. Even once in our street we lost power which is pretty rare, however the even numbered houses had power the opposite side had no power 🙄.

Here is a fun fact: a few months ago, we had a huge storm. I saw lights turning on when I walked down the street and thought, great! We have power!

Wrong! There was just us and two neighbors who still has no power until the power company FINALLY returned 6 hours later (after many phone calls) and they replaced our transformer which apparently runs only 3 houses! 

• Like 2

On 2/13/2021 at 1:16 AM, suzyed said:

Got our 2nd shot on Tuesday...the shot was totally painless (unlike the first).  That same night it started to get a sore.  The next day, about 24 hours after the shot I had a headache while playing cards.  When I got home I got really tired and had body aches.  Same with DH but of course his was worse than mine!  The following day I was mostly fine and he was still really tired. But we both good now and thankful we were able to get our vaccinations with very little fuss!

Please excuse my typos...I was responding in the middle of the night!  🙄

Subzero last night and I shoveled driveway this afternoon during our high of 2 degrees.  Back subzero again now, but the heat is working, watching the Australian Open live and my chicken enchilada casserole was fabulous, so can’t complain.   Happy Valentines Day all!

Edited by LoriPhil

7 hours ago, LoriPhil said:

Subzero last night and I shoveled driveway this afternoon during our high of 2 degrees.  Back subzero again now, but the heat is working, watching the Australian Open live and my chicken enchilada casserole was fabulous, so can’t complain.   Happy Valentines Day all!

Hope you’re enjoying watching the Australian Open ..... 😎

Australian Open is one of our favorite events and really marks the beginning of a fresh new year for us!  Would love to coordinate a cruise with a day of wandering the grounds during the early rounds (when anything can happen).  Maybe in a few years. 😎

24 minutes ago, Plant said:

We've got 8 inches of snow, 0 degree forecast for tonight, more snow tomorrow.😢  I've been here in Arkansas a long time and never seen anything like it!  I'm ready to cruise someplace warm!

My folks are just north of you in the MO Ozarks--Mom said it was -2 with a windchill of -17 this morning. Brrrrr. Plus snow. She did say that she isn't getting the rolling power outages.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

25 below zero last night, about the same tonight and high of -6.  Not a fun time, but thankful for electricity, heat and water.  Maybe 30 by Friday!!!

Wow 25 below zero 🥶 and I thought it was bad living in Boston at this time of the year. It’s like summer camp here compared to there. Stay warm my friend. 
The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Hi All! Posting for the first time in a while. We had a bit of snow here West of Portland, OR, but now it’s melting away with temps in the 40’s and sunshine today. Dreaming of a cruise but will wait until issues like vaccinations, available destinations, etc. are resolved.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrJohn999 said:

Hi All! Posting for the first time in a while. We had a bit of snow here West of Portland, OR, but now it’s melting away with temps in the 40’s and sunshine today. Dreaming of a cruise but will wait until issues like vaccinations, available destinations, etc. are resolved.

Hello! We lived in the Portland area (mainly Beaverton) for about 35 years! One daughter

and family is in Hillsboro and the other in Happy Valley. Happy Valley did not have power

for quite some time.

14 hours ago, nini said:

Hello! We lived in the Portland area (mainly Beaverton) for about 35 years! One daughter

and family is in Hillsboro and the other in Happy Valley. Happy Valley did not have power

for quite some time.

Here in Portland and we lost power for 18 hours after the ice storm. Fridge will need to be restocked

On 2/15/2021 at 9:01 PM, Lucky TGO said:

Wow 25 below zero 🥶 and I thought it was bad living in Boston at this time of the year. It’s like summer camp here compared to there. Stay warm my friend. 
The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

-31 Monday night; the second lowest temp here ever--it was 32 below in January, 1925.  So, not exactly normal for us either--never before in my 75 year lifetime!  

Thanks for the good thoughts--after multiple days with a high below zero,14 above today!  You probably get more snow; maybe 8 inches on the ground here.

17 hours ago, memoak said:

Here in Portland and we lost power for 18 hours after the ice storm. Fridge will need to be restocked

Wouldn't you just put the stuff from the fridge outside if you lose power? It would be cooler out there rather than the contents going off?

Sorry if that sounds ignorant, I live in a climate where the temp never gets below about 45 deg F.

Enjoyed a nice day with a top of 26 deg C. with a few rain showers throughout the day. Received an email from Princess today with the new 2022/2023 cruise itineraries departing Australia. 

Think hubby was nearly rolling around on the floor laughing 🤣🤣🤣, when he saw me looking at cruises ...... again. As least I said it gives us options for our Papua New Guinea 🇵🇬 cruise that we have booked for November 2021 or backup plan January 2022. Exact itineraries departing November 2022 and January 2023. Gives me hope to be cruising again!!!

Yep...waiting for that 6" snow here, too. AND, of course, the MA vax website crashed this AM, when we tried to find appts. -- no big surprise.  For 1million people in our group, only 70K available doses.  

All we can do is dream of the next cruise...sigh....

we're expecting yet another blast of 'winter' by Saturday - Sunny, high 63 low 50 - perfect firepit weather

got plenty of firewood - just bought 2 more stacks from the local c-store, plenty of starter logs - bought from Publix - got wine - got beer - Peroni bogo - again Publix

tomorrow marks 14 days since our 2nd shot - so we got that going for us also

stay safe 😷

stay hydrated 🧊

get vaccinated 🥼