PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

11 minutes ago, Thrak said:
Here’s the bottom line. The spread of Covid-19 is based on two things: 
1. How dense the population is. 
2. How dense the population is. 

How dense the population is...in not following the recommended protocols for prevention!

i.e., hand washing, weaing face masks , social distancing, etc.

For what it's worth, I had a haircut 2 1/2 weeks ago and felt very safe.  My stylist wore a mask and the chair was more than 6 feet from the other one (only two in the shop).  Still not infected... .

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Plant said:

For what it's worth, I had a haircut 2 1/2 weeks ago and felt very safe.  My stylist wore a mask and the chair was more than 6 feet from the other one (only two in the shop).  Still not infected... .

Interesting.  Was the stylist also six feet away from you while cutting your hair?  And six feet away from his  last customer?  And the one prior to that?  Had the stylist been tested to be free of the virus prior to  cutting your hair?

Still not infected?  When did you get tested to confirm that?

You seem very certain about many events that have not been proven by your comments.

It sure felt like a normal Friday before Memorial Day in McCall.

12 days since I had last been out to go to town to the store.  Traffic was very heavy.  Albertsons was crowded.  96% of customers not wearing masks.  Thankfully I am really good at dodging those who do not social distance.  I also walk around the store with a sanitizing wipe in my hands, rubbing that after everything I touch.

Pretty sure I did not catch anything because of my own cautionary measures, but you never know.  Now the next 12 days to count down to see if I get any kind of symptoms.  I have so far been lucky.

Idaho had a 61 case spike reported today from yesterday.  We now have two food processing plants in two different locations with infected employees, just not near me.

😷

I’m from MA too

Gov Baker is opening slowly; however my neighbors (2 of whom had Covid AND work in the medical field) are having parties. I was informed only family members.  What a joke. 25 people a few nights ago, tonight at least 15. Tomorrow a zoo, . Only the grandparents live in the house. They are in their 60’s. No face masks or SD.

We are beyond appalled and disgusted. Who do they think they are?

We are obeying the rules, but what will that help with these idiots.

I want my life back, just like everyone else.  I know this is depressing.

Edited by Caymus88
Add

5 minutes ago, 1980dory said:

Interesting.  Was the stylist also six feet away from you while cutting your hair?  No, that would be silly, And six feet away from his  last customer?  Yes And the one prior to that? Yes Had the stylist been tested to be free of the virus prior to  cutting your hair?Yes

Still not infected?  When did you get tested to confirm that? It's been almost 3 weeks and I'm not sick.

You seem very certain about many events that have not been proven by your comments. I'm really not sure what you're trying to say or prove?  I just wanted to say that I got a haircut and didn't get Covid19.  Really not worth arguing with you about... 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Plant said:

I may well get mine cut again tomorrow. My wife "fuzzed" it around and said I was getting "fluffy" so it's time for her to mow it off again. It's pretty quick and, if she is infected, I'm already doomed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Thrak said:

I'll settle for Talisker. Much less expensive. Far more "expressive".

My friend you got it as soon as I can get one. I checked today and they can’t ship it to the USA. ??😳

I called a friend in Canada and he will try to get me a bottle of the 10 year old Talisker. It will be waiting for you on the Rowboat.

One of the guys said it’s not as good as JW Blue. But what does he know he’ll drink anything as long as it’s free.😁

Tony

10 hours ago, Thrak said:

I may well get mine cut again tomorrow. My wife "fuzzed" it around and said I was getting "fluffy" so it's time for her to mow it off again. It's pretty quick and, if she is infected, I'm already doomed.

That sounds like your safest bet.  How many other contacts (possibly infected) has your barber made prior to cutting your hair?  How many of those might have been carrying the virus without symptoms?

Also if your barber, etc. tested negative yesterday for the virus, they could be carrying it today via subesequent contact with others.

Just a suggestion:  Before she cuts your hair, make sure she wears a mask and maintains a 6 foot distance when she cuts!  I hear that is what other barbers are now doing.  BTW: How long are her arms?

P.S. Sorry I couldn't make the 'row in' yesterday.

Edited by 1980dory
correct spelling

14 hours ago, Plant said:

You have no way of knowing if you are infected or not unless you have been tested.  You could have the virus and spreading it without symptoms. Personally I will wait another month or so

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

My friend you got it as soon as I can get one. I checked today and they can’t ship it to the USA. ??😳

I called a friend in Canada and he will try to get me a bottle of the 10 year old Talisker. It will be waiting for you on the Rowboat.

One of the guys said it’s not as good as JW Blue. But what does he know he’ll drink anything as long as it’s free.😁

Tony

Very odd. The local BevMo shows 6 in stock. It's soooooooooooo very different from JW Blue. The Blue is an extremely smooth and easy drinking blend. Talisker is a single malt with a very large smoky, peaty, presence. (Not as much as Laphroaig though. That is one peaty Scotch!) My wife absolutely hates the smell of the stuff. Many folks say it tastes terrible. Princess carries the 10 year old. I've never had the 18 year old but it is as expensive as the JW Blue. Crazy.  I drink the 10 year old on board but I'm far too poor to drink things of that sort at home. It's more in the range of the 12 year old Glenlivet. I prefer the 15 year old and like it better than their 18 year old though. Once in a while I get some Lagavulin 16 at my son's house.

9 hours ago, memoak said:

You have no way of knowing if you are infected or not unless you have been tested.  You could have the virus and spreading it without symptoms. Personally I will wait another month or so

Very true, I should have said I'm not sick, not that I'm not infected.  Since I only go out once a week to do a grocery pickup I don't think I'll be spreading anything to anyone, but you never know!

20 hours ago, memoak said:

Another consideration:  Even if you tested negative, you must also consider the error rate of your test.  There have been errors of 30%-40%.  So how accurate is your test?

Also, even if you had a 100% guaranteed negative test, as soon as you make contact with anyone thereafter,

you have reintroduced the possibility of an infection from that point.

All this makes it virtually impossible for anyone to state that they are not infected.  You may feel great but you never know if you are carrying the virus and infecting others even though you are feeling well.  Since a 100% guaranteed negative test, one would need to immediately go into isolation with absolutely no human contact to continue to say (with reasonable certainty) that they are not infected.

Remember: Taking a test does NOT guarantee future immunity regardless of test results.

5 hours ago, 1980dory said:

Another consideration:  Even if you tested negative, you must also consider the error rate of your test.  There have been errors of 30%-40%.  So how accurate is your test?

Also, even if you had a 100% guaranteed negative test, as soon as you make contact with anyone thereafter,

you have reintroduced the possibility of an infection from that point.

All this makes it virtually impossible for anyone to state that they are not infected.  You may feel great but you never know if you are carrying the virus and infecting others even though you are feeling well.  Since a 100% guaranteed negative test, one would need to immediately go into isolation with absolutely no human contact to continue to say (with reasonable certainty) that they are not infected.

Remember: Taking a test does NOT guarantee future immunity regardless of test results.

I go into isolation between grocery store visits.  I am now two days past my last visit to get essentials and waiting to see if I get symptoms.  I do not miss the getting out on a holiday weekend because we never really went anywhere except occasionally to my in-laws remote cabin in the mountains with other family members.  Both of my in-laws have since passed away, so I am happy to just stay put.

• Thanks 1

Soooooooo... now I check in to this thread to enjoy the banter between Tony and Thrak about

Scotch. My BIL was attempting to teach me about drinking Scotch. Said BIL purchased

an expensive of JW Blue (not sure which one) for his daughter's wedding but all of the

Groom's attendants and BIL drank all of it and I never was able to try it.   😟

Anyway, our beaches were PACKED yesterday (.75 miles) from our house.

DH "enjoyed" cleaning shower tile and prepping it for a new sealant. I "enjoyed"

cleaning kitchen granite countertops and cleaning out kitchen cabinets. And now

my kitchen looks great!

• Like 2

I've got this little gem - unopened - pristine condition - perfect label - in throat ...  my 'casket' has leather straps … 

edit to keep on topic - youth sports / summer camps cleared to open by state - local authorities determine when and how … gyms open ,,, restaurants 50% - barber shops, hair stylist open 

Macallan 1966 25 Year Old

ABV: 43% - Size: 70cl

Macallan 1966 25 Year Old Anniversary Malt, UK 1992 Bottling with Box

Where to buy?

Best price and availability at The Whisky Vault

Buy now $7,800.00 (£6,000.00)

A Scotch Whisky distilled by The Macallan and then matured for 25 years before bottling. At a volume of 43% ABV this whisky is bottled at an optimal drinking strength. Enjoyed neat or with a drop of water.

Edited by voljeep
  • Like 1

We're huge fans of single malts which is why we go wayyyy early to Heathrow Airport when we've had overseas cruises.  Great duty-free opportunities (Oban is our favorite), and one of the best tastings we've had was killing time at the Harrods liquor display where they nicely dispensed a number of excellent options.  Probably were overserved then, which would explain us clinking up the gangway with excess carry-on. 

• Haha 1

We are about to receive our first out of county family member coming over to visit since the lock down began mid-March.

I will try to social distance as much as I can as I have been known to stand in the kitchen door-way and talk to people on the living room couch since where I stand is only inches away from my computer where I spend most of my time anyway.  No hugging.  Sister-in-law will just have to understand.  She lives in Ada County which has the highest case count in the state.

😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nini said:

And now, I will not be able to do Scotch tasting in Scotland (maybe someday).

We are "supposed" to port in Orkney (Kirkwell) in early June but don't know if the cruise will happen. Sadly we won't be there long in any case as the stop is only listed as 10 AM to 5 PM. If we do get to cruise and port there we will hopefully be able to visit a distillery.

Today was a bit rough to begin with. For some reason I really wanted to go out for breakfast this morning. The place we would normally go for breakfast is now open and our favorite server is back at work but we just don't feel it's really too smart to jump on that bandwagon just yet. Poop. Being smart isn't always the "fun" choice. Ah, well. One of these days we will be able to go out for breakfast without so much worry.

• Like 4