PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo tired of this stuff. I absolutely despise wearing a mask. It makes me claustrophobic. It makes me sweat (It's been 100+ lately). It causes my glasses to fog. I can't understand a damn thing my wife says with her mask on and she can't understand me. It makes me "testy". I'm freaking tired of people who have their entire nose uncovered while wearing a mask. What's the damn point of that? I saw someone yesterday who had her mask down under her chin. Riiiiiiiiiiiight. That's helpful. Did I say this makes me "testy"? 

Our illustrious City Council has made me even crazier. The governor said not to roust out existing homeless camps. The city council said that the entire city park can now be homeless camps. We have about a bazillion. They authorized a "needle exchange" program which just hands out a bundle of syringes to anybody who asks. The needles are all over the place now as they just use them and toss them on the ground. We have every service imaginable to assist those who won't even try to help themselves but the council doesn't give a damn about the businesses with urine and feces in the doorway. They are apparently evil business owners who are only good for taxes and who have no rights at all. Apparently graffiti is now good as well. This used to be a nice town. It's going down the drain rapidly.

What a sight to see!  Do you suppose this will benefit the tourist industry?

• Haha 1

HOW ARE THINGS WHERE WE ARE ?  FLORIDA 

I'll let you know in 4-14 days, as we both got tested today for Covid-19  - drive thru nose swab at a local high school ..

pop-up event, one day only, free, no appointments available - first come first tested - 10am-2pm - we got there about

9:50 ended up # 322 out of 350 tests available - gates closed before 10 ... it was not quick to say the least ...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, voljeep said:

HOW ARE THINGS WHERE WE ARE ?  FLORIDA 

I'll let you know in 4-14 days, as we both got tested today for Covid-19  - drive thru nose swab at a local high school ..

pop-up event, one day only, free, no appointments available - first come first tested - 10am-2pm - we got there about

9:50 ended up # 322 out of 350 tests available - gates closed before 10 ... it was not quick to say the least ...

Well hubby just got off the phone with his daughter who lives in Titusville Florida. Her Son his girlfriend and her child have Corona. Thankfully no one is really sick They want us to come visit...umm no thanks we will take a rain check 🙂 Stay healthy everyone !

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LoriPhil said:

Wowsers - good luck on the tests - I know it could be a long two weeks but hope you get results on the “sooner” side.

thanks - my wife has way more exposure than I do, but then again I have the exposure from her

No symptoms whatsoever - taking temps twice a day for 3 months now - just seemed like the thing to do, especially since we

are going on a beach house vacation meeting the kids for the week of the 4th ... private vrbo where my son knows the owner... so we got that going for us, I guess ...

Hi all my Cruise Critic friends it was very hot and humid In Boston today. So I took The Rowboat out and I won’t be back until Sunday night. The best thing about being out at sea is I don’t have to worry about catching the virus. 
The Captain of The Rowboat,
Tony

479A832C-8E6F-4158-B176-85A6CBB67453.jpeg

• Like 3

Florida regulators banned drinking alcohol at bars statewide as the state reported a record-shattering 8,942 new cases of coronavirus Friday. yep today 6/26 ...

at our local Publix this morning prolly 95% of shoppers had mask on ... of course one of the 5%er's was going the 

'wrong way' down an isle ...

our county is NOT under a mandatory 'mask wearing' in public areas ... yet , but I / we do ...

meh

# SO OVER THIS 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, voljeep said:

Florida regulators banned drinking alcohol at bars statewide as the state reported a record-shattering 8,942 new cases of coronavirus Friday. yep today 6/26 ...

at our local Publix this morning prolly 95% of shoppers had mask on ... of course one of the 5%er's was going the 

'wrong way' down an isle ...

our county is NOT under a mandatory 'mask wearing' in public areas ... yet , but I / we do ...

meh

# SO OVER THIS 

I'm over it, too, like most people, I'm sure. Unfortunately for all of us, viruses don't go away because people get tired of them.

I am glad you wear a mask and am really impressed that 95% are wearing them, especially without a mandate. Far fewer wear them in SoCal, and we are under a statewide order to wear them. Maybe after things get even worse people will.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

It's been hot here. Yesterday the "official" temp was 110F.  Today it's "only" 109F.  Of course the temp on my front porch where the thermometer is in the sun is always higher than the official temp. Here's a pic I took about 30 minutes ago. (Yesterday it was totally pegged about 8-10 degrees higher.)

image.thumb.jpeg.76e51ef6cf6c8e399efb6a915946afcf.jpeg

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 2

Ahhhhhhh....... Glad it is cooling off. It's about 11:15 PM and it's cooled down to only 91F (32.8C). Going to be another warm night for sleeping I guess. The forecast is for a major cooling trend. In theory it will only get to 97F tomorrow. It will be a welcome break. 😁

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

Ahhhhhhh....... Glad it is cooling off. It's about 11:15 PM and it's cooled down to only 91F (32.8C). Going to be another warm night for sleeping I guess. The forecast is for a major cooling trend. In theory it will only get to 97F tomorrow. It will be a welcome break. 😁

May I suggest an electric blanket for those extra chilly nights?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That whole-house fan isn't too helpful when it's that hot at night, but I promise it will come in handy sometimes, Thrak.

We've been able to run ours from about 10pm to 8 am lately. Now that Hubby and I are on the road in the RV to help our oldest son move, I doubt the remaining kids will think to use it much.

16 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi all my Cruise Critic friends. It’s 3:00 am and it’s great out here at sea on the Rowboat. I will be coming home today.

I hope it’s not going to be too hot? If it is I will be going right back out. 

68255CCC-CED1-4B6A-9B7E-438CA1408438.jpeg

Lucky:

If the rowboat has A/C I'd just load up, fuel up, and not come back til all this Covid is over.  Who needs a cruise  ship when you have the rowboat?!

50 minutes ago, 1980dory said:

Lucky:

If the rowboat has A/C I'd just load up, fuel up, and not come back til all this Covid is over.  Who needs a cruise  ship when you have the rowboat?!

Hi 1980,

I was luck today the weather was not good at all, off and on rain all day. I came in early this morning with the Rowboat.

I wish I could stay out on the Rowboat until this virus is over. We like to cruise with Princess because all our friends do and they’re just too many of us for the Rowboat. My wife likes being waited on also 😁 LOL. 

Love Ya All,

Tony

9EBB6944-DA54-405B-A1ED-BD5FAD423E02.jpeg

On 6/28/2020 at 7:48 PM, Lucky TGO said:

Hi 1980,

I was luck today the weather was not good at all, off and on rain all day. I came in early this morning with the Rowboat.

I wish I could stay out on the Rowboat until this virus is over. We like to cruise with Princess because all our friends do and they’re just too many of us for the Rowboat. My wife likes being waited on also 😁 LOL. 

Love Ya All,

Tony

9EBB6944-DA54-405B-A1ED-BD5FAD423E02.jpeg

Lucky,

I'm on Ruby on 3-3-21.  Any chance you'll be on that one (barring Covid changes)?

44 minutes ago, 1980dory said:

Lucky,

I'm on Ruby on 3-3-21.  Any chance you'll be on that one (barring Covid changes)?

Hi 1980 dory,

I haven’t been looking at any cruises. I just can’t see being on a cruise ship wearing a mask all day long. So for now I will be doing all my cruising on the Rowboat. I know I’m going to miss watching the Super Bowl on the MUTS screen. I booked a cruise every year just to be on the ship at that time. I hope they come up with a cure for this Virus. So we all can get back to Cruising. 
BTW it was not too bad of a day in Boston today. For all the Patriots fans this one is for you. See Photo 😁

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

0EC3ADFD-34FB-482E-B4CF-E5FB6CD3D48F.jpeg

• Like 1

Well, things are GREAT here in

beautiful Central Florida on a somewhat overcast, and still way too hot and dry day !

NEGATIVE ... NEGATIVE !! - from  Covid-19 tests taken on Monday for both of us - yep, only 2 day turnaround ( still haven't gotten any

results taken from a drive thru test last Wednesday , now that doesn't matter anyway )

the NC beach house trip IS A GO - be nice to see the kids and just chill with multiple adult and kid-friendly beverages

wooo-hoooo

sorry, no Jeep pictures to go with this or a hero-worship picture of .....

stay safe

peace out

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

I just can’t see being on a cruise ship wearing a mask all day long.

Sounds horrible to me. As much as I love to cruise I can't imagine wearing a mask all the time. I don't wear one in my own home. I understand they are important but I freaking hate the things. (I don't go out much.)

Congrats to voljeep!

Call us crazy, but somehow we have 4 cruises booked for next year.

Two were already booked long ago in 2019. Then, my sister wanted to go

on an itinerary and so we booked too. Then, a neighbor wanted us to join them

and two other couples in the Transpacific from Sydney to Seattle. We were already booked

on the same ship for a New Zealand cruise, so, why not?! I would rather sail home than

fly anyday! (We live in Washington).

Well, any or all may happen, but I WILL tell you one thing! I REFUSE TO WEAR A MASK

DURING A CRUISE! If that is what they direct, then we will cancel. Non self serve buffet- that is fine.

We got away for a few days in Idaho and Montana with out travel trailer. A handful of people

wore masks in the store in either state. We got gas for $1.99 at the Big Box store in Coeur D' Alene,

Idaho. How refreshing.

• Thanks 1

Lovely/windy day here, but those pesky deer came on the deck and snacked-down on the geraniums.  Fortunately they didn't nibble too much on those, probably because they had already filled up on my cherry-tomato plants.  I'll be preparing a nice frosty glass of champagne to celebrate July, and will sit on the deck (with a newly erected deer-barrier in place) and fantasize that I'm on our cabin balcony.

Thinking now that the earliest we might consider cruising is sometime in 2022.  While I'd love to plan a VRBO on Hawaii first, don't know when we'll be comfortable enough to be on a long-haul flight.  Ah well, we'll watch what comes along, and think how history might report this period in time.  The Governor has just reinstated closure of bars and night clubs for July in light of the uptick in Covid cases.  I do worry after seeing photos of various political campaign gatherings from yesterday's primaries, with people bunched together and only a handful of masks in sight. Geeze!   

• Like 1

We did actually venture out last evening. We decided that a waffle cone with 2 scoops of ice cream each would be a good dinner. Dutifully wore the masks into the venue to buy the ice cream and then at it in the car. We had to eat fairly quickly though as it was still in the 90's and the ice cream was melting. Ahhhhhhhhhh..... Schubert's ice cream. Made locally since 1938. 

The really cool thing is when we got home I discovered notice from a local radio station that I won a certificate for Schubert's so went out and picked it up this morning. Looks like we'll have to go back again. Darn! Perhaps that will be our big whoop-de-do for July 4th - out for ice cream again. 😎

Our daughter and her husband and our youngest grandchild moved out into their own place the other day after "only" 12 weeks of living with us. It's sooooooo nice and quiet here now. Of course she did just call me and said her computer won't boot and wants me to come check it out. 29 miles. Sheesh. Ah, well. Hopefully it won't be a horrible issue with the computer. I gave her the computer several years ago and she loaned it to someone else for 6 months or so and then it was in storage and has been moved several times. Could be loose RAM. No way to tell what's going on without a site visit. She can't talk on the phone with me while at the computer as she has to go to her front door to get any cell service. D'Oh!  They have  T-Mobile or Metro or something. I believe it's linked with Sprint. I have Verizon and get a 4g signal in her house. Anything to do with Sprint is terrible along the northern California corridor. (When we were in Utah we had pretty much zip for coverage. When I had nothing I noticed folks with AT&T were yakking on their phones. Of course, I didn't want to yak on the phone. I wanted a data connection. "Maybe" I could have made a call. I never tried.)

My bones, muscles and joints are still recovering from the double memorial service up in the wilds of central Idaho that took several hours to get to at the south fork of the Salmon River where my father-in-law and brother-in-law ashes were placed along with two bouquets of flowers.  No paved roads, some gravel, mostly dirt with pot holes and ruts, very narrow, sheer drop off on one side and no railing.  Painful to the old body and scary, too!

There was a pot luck in open air at the camp ground in Secesh Meadows afterwards.  Warren is a town between the place where the memorial was held outside and Secesh Meadows.

Here are some pictures of how rustic it all looks in Warren.  Will share the others on another post later.

Warren01.JPG

Warren02.JPG

Warren03.JPG