PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

On 8/14/2020 at 9:52 AM, avonlady6390 said:

I had forgotten how small it is could you imagine crossing the Atlantic in that boat.

Nope. They didn't have an IC or Vines. Heck, you couldn't even get the Premium Beverage Package. (I'm also fond of my own bathroom - restroom - washroom - poopatorium -  whatever you want to call it.) I get seasick on cruise ships if I don't have my "patch". I can't imagine being on one of those tiny, pitching, rolling, claustrophobic "ships".

• Haha 1

On 8/15/2020 at 1:40 AM, Thrak said:

However, I think I'll go to bed rather than going out to purchase liquor that I don't need. I'd just like a short whiskey to aid with going to sleep in the dang heat.

you doing OK, bro ?  your postings seems really stressed ... none of us like this BS #SO-OVER-THIS

are you close to the fires this time - hopefully not

here in beautiful central florida - 92, partly cloudy, 60% chance of rain, no problem from TS Josephine, racing the road course

at Daytona ... schools start TOMORROW in our county ... hybrid ... online, and in person ... we'll see how long that lasts

stay safe

stay hydrated

peace out

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends,

Today in Boston was terrible, could and raining at times. So I stayed home and watched Red Sox lose again to the Yankees 4 to 2 😢. BTW my two granddaughters beat me as always in catching fish the girls 7 Papa 0 😳😁. It looks like another bad day tomorrow. I’ll be staying home.

love you all 🥰

F6879799-6D56-4324-8CB4-B41B4F82C6E2.jpeg

18 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Captain, Just a word of caution, in case you didn't see this article.   Careful when you are our there fishing.....especially with your grand daughters. 

What next.....flying monkeys???? 🤪 😂

Wow!!  The poor guy got killed by a fish ( Mackerel). I’m not going to tell my granddaughters they love to go fishing. 
Tony

• Like 1

Finally had a short get-away last week....stayed within our state to avoid any travel restrictions...motel in the Essex/Gloucester area (Cape Ann in MA)....not the same as a cruise, but nice to see the coast and "another 4 walls" as my hubby said.  Getting used to dining "al fresco".

Kids here returning to school mostly with a hybrid schedule--a couple days in-school, the rest remote.

Our next cruise is now 9 months away....being cautiously optimistic that we will sail....if there is a vaccine by then, preferably.

• Like 1

Woke up to skies like that today.  A new fire which I can actually see from the front of my house has joined with 12 others in Payette National Forest.  This one is the Copeland Fire.  Cannot even stand to be outside for more than a few minutes, it is so thick.  They are hoping we can get the cool front moving in to push some of the smoke out by tomorrow.

I feel for all of you in California.  I have a friend that lives there and in addition to the fires being so numerous and getting dangerously close to homes and businesses, I understand your heat has been unbearable as well and that you are enduring rolling black outs.

Take care!

• Like 1

Smoke from some major Colorado fires making beautiful but troubling sunrises here too, and governor has implemented no-open fire restrictions for the next month since everything’s so dry and many regions are thick with beetle-kill trees.  Nothing compared to the number and impact of fires in California though.  Looking forward to the snows to help quench some of the drought, but that seems a long way away right now.

Yes. Here in SoCal, it is smoky and hot (around 110F for over a week). @LoriPhil hit the nail on the head with the beautiful but troubling sunrises remark. Our sunsets have been the same. 

We were hoping to be back on the road in the new RV a week ago, but the lab making my orthodontic bands built them wrong. I should get the new ones today, and hopefully be on our way back to Montana by Friday afternoon. It looks like there will be fires near our route, no matter which one we choose. 

I've been sewing masks the last couple of days, making some in my oldest son's new school colors. Unfortunately, the district has decided to endanger students, staff, and their families by opening school in person, despite being unable to meet the state guidelines for doing so. Hubby gave Son five N-95 masks from his woodworking supplies, one for each day of the school week. They have exhalation valves, so Son will wear cloth masks over them. I'm making the ear loops extra long and adjustable. I was able to download the school logo from the website, and I've been using my cutting machine to make iron-ons to decorate the outer mask. I'm hoping the school spirit aspect might inspire students and other staff to take safety precautions seriously. I don't hold out much hope, though. The librarian (you know, the sort of person who should take research seriously) refuses to wear his mask, despite a state mandate. The Vice Principal said, "Yeah, everyone around here is pretty much over this whole virus thing" shortly before a spike in the area. 

On the plus side, it was nice to know that I hadn't completely forgotten how to sew, despite not having done it in nearly three decades. I've enjoyed spending time with the younger two offspring, as well. The freshman started his college marching band band camp this week, and it's been great to hear him playing. The senior starts classes next week. She will be giving free online woodwind instrument lessons for her community service hours. She is supposed to start student teaching in January. I'm not sure how student teaching band and/or choir online is going to work. 

Stop rambling, MamaFej. 

Okay. 

• Like 3

The lab screwed up my bands AGAIN! They said I could have them by Tuesday or Wednesday. We were supposed to be in northern MT Monday to see our son before he had to be exposed to way-too-close students on Wednesday. 

Grrrrrr!!!!  I tried the sweet, polite, and patient, but assertive approach. Total fail. My usually extremely calm, cool, and collected husband called and channeled his inner Shelly (our sister-in-law, who is bombastic when something goes wrong, and gets people to do their jobs by being so). They are now going to rebuild them again (hopefully correctly) tomorrow morning and send them via courier, hopefully arriving tomorrow afternoon. I told the dentist’s office manager that I would be there 20 minutes after they call to say the bands had arrived. Maybe I’ll camp out in the parking lot instead. 

My daughter reminded me that, when a restaurant messes up your order, they fix it first, before starting a new order. The lab needs to do the same. I’ve got smart kids. 

I just really want to get to MT in time to hug my son before it becomes a bad idea. 

Rant over (I hope). 

It’s 3:00am and I’m going to the Rowboat right now it’s cold outside. My friends and I decided to go anyway it not supposed to be
cold today. I think they are going to try fishing 🙄 as long as they don’t catch any Mackerel 😁.

love you all,

601D15D1-FB7E-4BBE-ACCC-DB7AED5E8EC0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

It’s 3:00am and I’m going to the Rowboat right now it’s cold outside. My friends and I decided to go anyway it not supposed to be
cold today. I think they are going to try fishing 🙄 as long as they don’t catch any Mackerel 😁.

love you all,

601D15D1-FB7E-4BBE-ACCC-DB7AED5E8EC0.jpeg

Have a great time! 

• Like 1

It was a fabulous day in Boston. We were near Cape Cod today on The Rowboat and I can’t believe it I actually caught a fish.

I was told it’s a Black Sea Bass. I’m calling him unlucky 😳  I’m taking it home just to show it to my granddaughters. 

BTW I still hate fishing it’s to boring for me. 
Love Ya!! 
The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lucky TGO said:

It was a fabulous day in Boston. We were near Cape Cod today on The Rowboat and I can’t believe it I actually caught a fish.

I was told it’s a Black Sea Bass. I’m calling him unlucky 😳  I’m taking it home just to show it to my granddaughters. 

BTW I still hate fishing it’s to boring for me. 
Love Ya!! 
The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Fishing is like on of those most boring sports that exist out there. I went fishing with my grandpa once and I didnt really enjoy it but I respect those who do actively take part in this kind of "sport". You should have posted a photo of that Bass, maybe some experienced fisshers are out here for them to judge what it was 

7 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Caught or catch it doesn’t matter to me I’m taking him home.

Tony

as long as they don’t catch any Mackerel 😁.

Tony, I was trying to make a funny referring to my earlier post about the Australian that was killed by the mackerel.......I wasn't referring to grammar.   I was thinking more in sports terms of "catch", rather than being "hit by".  Sorry it was misinterpreted.

8 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi 1980dory,

I can’t stop laughing do know what I said when I caught this fish? Holy mackerel I caught a fish. All my friends were laughing at me. 
Tony

Tony, 

This whole story sounds a little 'fishy' to me!

• Haha 2

Sitting on my front porch in Raleigh, NC.  Like someone else said, I am treating it as my balcony.  Our neighborhood is very walkable and its fun to see the neighbors walking by and occasionally we engage in conversation at a safe distance.  DH and I are retired and I have been working my 25 hour per week part-time job from my living room since mid-March.  When I am not working, sometimes I will log in to laptop and look at the Port Everglades webcam as well as the princess ship webcams to see their various locations.  My favorite two today are the Caribbean and Crown Princess Ships in Curacao.  It looks so sunny and warm there.  DH is a gourmet cook and we had the Princess Flourless Chocolate Cake a few weeks ago on our wedding anniversary.  We are also big hockey fans and were sad that our Carolina Hurricanes were knocked out of the Stanley Cup playoffs last week by the Boston Bruins.  We're still enjoying watching the teams continuing on -- on tv.  We're missing the cruise life.  Last cruise for DH was panama canal last December for his birthday.  He had a great time!  I am so looking forward to when we can cruise again.  One of our favorite cruises has been trans atlantic from Southampton to NYC and  Ft. Lauderdale in the Fall of 2018 and 2019.  DH is retired and a potter.  Our NC State Fair has been cancelled for Fall 2020.  He will not be able to sell his pottery or be a paid judge in the herbs and flower competition.  He is also missing his bridge games, but he is able to play online.

At least being on the internet at home, we don't have to worry about our internet minutes and the internet speed is a little quicker than at sea.  I am wondering what cruising will be like once covid is under control.  We both like to follow the rules so we will do what it takes to get back on a cruise ship.  Take care all!  CPASam

• Like 5

Besides the Virus and the state of California burning up I am doing great!  Not just the fires the 100 degree temps every day.  Took a ride up to Eugene Oregon to pick up my grandson from school as College Football was canceled and his mom did not want him driving home to Brentwood Ca by himself.  He is a freshman and their #2 Quarterback he started at U of O in January of his Senior year of high school and had to fly home in March then they were cleared to go practice football in July and was there 4 weeks and back home.  At least he completed his first two quarters of college.  I would rather have him safe and so would his parents.  Plus his roommates all went home too.  It was very nice to get out of our area and see some beautiful green.  I would rather have it be beautiful blue sea but......  I want it to be safe when we cruise.

• Like 3