PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

With our increasing numbers and rising hospitalizations Colorado Gov implemented tighter restrictions today, with gatherings limited to 10 people from no more than two separate households.  5 counties are exempt, as their numbers put them in the best “protect our neighbors” category.  Folks in Denver must adhere to their Mayors’ more stringent requirement limiting gatherings no greater than 5 people.  Hopefully we see a turn-around fairly quickly.  

Too chilly and gray to rake today (wuss!), but tomorrow looks better.  Snow possible Sunday which hopefully can help curb some of our fire growth.  The areas currently burning have significant beetle-kill which - coupled with the winds - really fuel the growth.  Come on, snow...

On the lighter side, will purchase Halloween candy on my next shopping run.  Don’t actually expect anyone at the door, but we’ll happily snack on the leftovers.  Hello, Kitkats!

38 minutes ago, LoriPhil said:

With our increasing numbers and rising hospitalizations Colorado Gov implemented tighter restrictions today, with gatherings limited to 10 people from no more than two separate households.  5 counties are exempt, as their numbers put them in the best “protect our neighbors” category.  Folks in Denver must adhere to their Mayors’ more stringent requirement limiting gatherings no greater than 5 people.  Hopefully we see a turn-around fairly quickly.  

Too chilly and gray to rake today (wuss!), but tomorrow looks better.  Snow possible Sunday which hopefully can help curb some of our fire growth.  The areas currently burning have significant beetle-kill which - coupled with the winds - really fuel the growth.  Come on, snow...

On the lighter side, will purchase Halloween candy on my next shopping run.  Don’t actually expect anyone at the door, but we’ll happily snack on the leftovers.  Hello, Kitkats!

It was a "sub-arctic" 49°F this morning. Brrr!!!

As for candy... I almost never eat candy bars but it's hard to beat a $100,000 bar.

CC_1980s 100,000 bar wrapper | CollectingCandy.com  image.jpeg.5945a3d82422f9189551cfb47511e911.jpeg

I'm also very fond of Heath Bars.

image.png.eb61892692e5abd38a5ba2015f872899.png

Edited by Thrak

5 minutes ago, Thrak said:

It was a "sub-arctic" 49°F this morning. Brrr!!!

As for candy... I almost never eat candy bars but it's hard to beat a $100,000 bar.

CC_1980s 100,000 bar wrapper | CollectingCandy.com  image.jpeg.5945a3d82422f9189551cfb47511e911.jpeg

I'm also very fond of Heath Bars.

image.png.eb61892692e5abd38a5ba2015f872899.png

49 sounds rather balmy. It was 43 here in Portland this morning. Our high for Sunday is predicted to be 49

Got you beat.  South of McCall it was 22.

The last few days we have 34 rounds of wood split and stacked, some in the house and that first night we were already putting it to use in the wood stove.

Air conditioner is moved out of the window and into the garage to assist with keeping the heat inside.

Shared lawn mower with our neighbor is now back in the garage at the neighbor's house as they are going back home to Oregon (they summer here) today.

Snow is supposed to start tonight, estimating two or more inches by tomorrow evening before it stops.

2 hours ago, memoak said:

49 sounds rather balmy. It was 43 here in Portland this morning. Our high for Sunday is predicted to be 49

I used to live in Portland, so watch KGW on You Tube.  Did you see Rod Hill with his predictions for your winter?

💧❄️

2 hours ago, Lindaru said:

Got you beat.  South of McCall it was 22.

The last few days we have 34 rounds of wood split and stacked, some in the house and that first night we were already putting it to use in the wood stove.

Air conditioner is moved out of the window and into the garage to assist with keeping the heat inside.

Shared lawn mower with our neighbor is now back in the garage at the neighbor's house as they are going back home to Oregon (they summer here) today.

Snow is supposed to start tonight, estimating two or more inches by tomorrow evening before it stops.

I used to live in Portland, so watch KGW on You Tube.  Did you see Rod Hill with his predictions for your winter?

💧❄️

We are a KATU family for news

Here in central Florida it's still hot in the upper 80's.  No snow for us sorry if I'm rubbing it in.  Still enjoying the pool when it's not raining.  We don't have much covid restrictions here the gov. Moved us into phase 3. Most people are wearing masks so that's good.

• Like 3

Things are fine as of this point.  Princess cancelled a cruise we were to participate in but they allowed us to transfer our pre-cruise credit and we are scheduled for 2021 reverse Transatlantic from Florida, to Nova Scotia, Iceland, Orkney Islands, Ireland and Southampton, England for a return flight.  But with all that is going on here in New England, increases in the COVID in and around Europe and countries "shutting down", am wondering what is going to happen in May/June for this projected cruise.

Know that there is "supposed to be" a vaccine soon, and all the cruise lines are taking precautions, but there is a couple of things that I am wondering from about and putting this out for general comments.  First, I am not too keen on getting the first vaccine to be offered.  Would be more attuned to Version 2.0 or even 3.0.  Just to ensure that it is working and doing what it is supposed to do.

Second, when a country does shut down or not allow tourists, what is the cruise line going to do?  Just start from point A and drop you off at point B with nothing in between?  Or the ports of call you really wanted to visit are closed to us, what then?

Just wondering if anyone else has any thoughts about this.

Thanks.

My husband and I had our flu shot in early October. They are free for everyone in Ontario and available at pharmacies and doctors' offices. We just walked in and got the shot with no waiting in line. I am glad we went early as now the demand is so high most places require an appoinment and you can wait days or even weeks for a spot. 

Our covid numbers are up with the second wave well underway. We had a record high number of cases in Ontario today (978 new cases). Some restrictions (e.g. restaurants are closed) are back in place for some parts of the province. My husband had hip replacement surgery last Friday and because of covid he came home the same day he had his surgery. His recovery has been going very well but he received a notification Wednesday night via the covid app on his phone that he had been exposed to a person who now tested positive for covid. So I went online and booked appoinments for us to get tested the next morning at a testing site close to our home. They were well organized at the site. It took no more than 10 minutes for us to get tested. No line-ups and no waiting. And we got our results online a little less than 24 hours later - both negative. So we are relieved.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ringers0815 said:

My husband and I had our flu shot in early October. They are free for everyone in Ontario and available at pharmacies and doctors' offices. We just walked in and got the shot with no waiting in line. I am glad we went early as now the demand is so high most places require an appoinment and you can wait days or even weeks for a spot. 

Our covid numbers are up with the second wave well underway. We had a record high number of cases in Ontario today (978 new cases). Some restrictions (e.g. restaurants are closed) are back in place for some parts of the province. My husband had hip replacement surgery last Friday and because of covid he came home the same day he had his surgery. His recovery has been going very well but he received a notification Wednesday night via the covid app on his phone that he had been exposed to a person who now tested positive for covid. So I went online and booked appoinments for us to get tested the next morning at a testing site close to our home. They were well organized at the site. It took no more than 10 minutes for us to get tested. No line-ups and no waiting. And we got our results online a little less than 24 hours later - both negative. So we are relieved.

Gosh well done on getting him to a test centre so near after his hip operation. Hope he recovers well and is up and about soon.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OhioDogLover said:

Another Dodger fan here.  (Raised in SoCal by a Dad from NY who taught us all about how wonderful Dem Bums were.) They need to hang on tonight.  Disappointing result last night.  

In other news, waiting for the January Princess cruise to be cancelled.

Ohiodoglover

That ending! Ouch! My daughter isn't even much of a fan, and even she was screaming at the TV.

7 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

That ending! Ouch! My daughter isn't even much of a fan, and even she was screaming at the TV.

i fell asleep during the game ( imagine that ) - woke up, saw a score of 7-6 LA and thought that was the final and the Rays down 3 games to 1 ... WOW, when I went online this morning - GO RAYS

Vols got an a** whipping by a much better team yesterday, as expected ... for the last 14 years now

some sunshine, blue skies - still waiting on a decent "cold front" to move thru - maybe next week now

Thanksgiving cruise was cancelled , of course - still hoping our 4/2021 is a go 🥃 , if not, then 12/21 - but that's on Discovery, so who knows about that either

still planning on a couple of days at Disney with the kids in December ... 🤑

stay safe 😷

stay hydrated 🧊

• Like 1

Wowsers - cold for a few days with lows around 7 and highs around 15.  Did the shopping yesterday, just put a meatloaf in the oven and will happily stay put.

We have a 12 day Alaska cruise booked on the Coral (our favorite ship) for May but will be canceling, and rebook when the 2023 itineraries are available.  Love Alaska cruising out of Vancouver, which will be the first place we return to when we resume cruising.  

31 minutes ago, LoriPhil said:

Wowsers - cold for a few days with lows around 7 and highs around 15.  Did the shopping yesterday, just put a meatloaf in the oven and will happily stay put.

We have a 12 day Alaska cruise booked on the Coral (our favorite ship) for May but will be canceling, and rebook when the 2023 itineraries are available.  Love Alaska cruising out of Vancouver, which will be the first place we return to when we resume cruising.  

I imagine that cooler weather is making the firefighters happy. A few days ago, one of the CO fires was burning through an area 1/4 the size of my city every hour! 

Enjoy your meatloaf!

Well, the Dodger FINALLY did it! They've won a World Series, 32 years after the previous one!

It's about bleeping time!!!!!!!!!

At least they're not like the Cubs or the Red Sox, waiting for EVER  between WS  wins!

Still, this was a LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG time!!!!

Also, I hope Justin Turner remains symptom-free, and recovers  quickly!!!!!

28 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Well, the Dodger FINALLY did it! They've won a World Series, 32 years after the previous one!

It's about bleeping time!!!!!!!!!

At least they're not like the Cubs or the Red Sox, waiting for EVER  between WS  wins!

Still, this was a LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG time!!!!

Also, I hope Justin Turner remains symptom-free, and recovers  quickly!!!!!

Only because they had the help from my Red Sox, Dave Roberts and Mookie Betts. 😁

Congratulations nice win. 👍
Tony

96B24B66-81DF-4852-B4FA-5DAD20893E91.jpeg

73935314-84E5-4923-9286-CAB4CA70410E.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO

7 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Only because they had the help from my Red Sox, Dave Roberts and Mookie Betts. 😁

Tony

7 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Tony

Sad to say I no longer watch Pro sports. 

Edited by Reader0108598

Tony, we LOVE Mookie! Roberts, too!

Also, after I went to bed, I realized that my post could be interpreted as rude to Red Sox or Cubs fans. That was absolutely not my intention. I had only meant to say that I was glad we Dodgers fans did not have to wait as long as those fans did between championships. I apologize to anyone who might have perceived rudeness.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MamaFej said:

Tony, we LOVE Mookie! Roberts, too!

Also, after I went to bed, I realized that my post could be interpreted as rude to Red Sox or Cubs fans. That was absolutely not my intention. I had only meant to say that I was glad we Dodgers fans did not have to wait as long as those fans did between championships. I apologize to anyone who might have perceived rudeness.

Hi MamaFej,

I never thought you were being rude. I was just kidding you about Dave & Mookie. The Dodgers have a great team!! And deserve to be called champions. Congratulations 👍

Tony

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi MamaFej,

I never thought you were being rude. I was just kidding you about Dave & Mookie. The Dodgers have a great team!! And deserve to be called champions. Congratulations 👍

Tony

I didn't feel called out or anything, I had just realized on my own that my comment could be easily misinterpreted, but didn't feel like getting out of be to address it last night.

I absolutely believe that both Roberts and Betts were huge contributing factors. The Dodgers also have an incredibly deep bench, with versatile players, the hottest hitter in baseball (Seager) and a heck of a bull pen. They've been so much fun to watch this year, when fun is desperately needed. I'm really glad that the best AL and best NL team played in the World Series, that isn't always the case.

I look forward to getting back to a full schedule with travel, and fans filling the stands. My TA and his wife went to games 3&4. He's also a very dear friend. I made special masks for them to wear. 

IMG_2547.jpg

1 hour ago, MamaFej said:

I didn't feel called out or anything, I had just realized on my own that my comment could be easily misinterpreted, but didn't feel like getting out of be to address it last night.

I absolutely believe that both Roberts and Betts were huge contributing factors. The Dodgers also have an incredibly deep bench, with versatile players, the hottest hitter in baseball (Seager) and a heck of a bull pen. They've been so much fun to watch this year, when fun is desperately needed. I'm really glad that the best AL and best NL team played in the World Series, that isn't always the case.

I look forward to getting back to a full schedule with travel, and fans filling the stands. My TA and his wife went to games 3&4. He's also a very dear friend. I made special masks for them to wear. 

IMG_2547.jpg

I  made special masks for you to wear the next time you go to a Dodgers game. 😁😁

BTW it’s still raining in Boston and we might ever get some Snow 😳

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

6A4285F5-074A-429F-834E-5FEB91820AB6.jpeg

• Haha 1

Don't think the Dodgers would have done it without Betts.  He was awesome.  There is an ongoing family argument here about Roberts - although i personally like him and think he did a good job.

Really enjoyed the game i attended at Fenway, years ago now.  It was a lot of fun.  

Maybe next year we can get back to attending ball games.

Ohiodoglover

• Like 1

I've seen Fenway in person a couple of times, but haven't had the opportunity to attend a game there yet. I look forward to doing so. My parents and little brother went to a game there when I was in Spain on a foreign exchange summer program when I was 16. They spent two weeks driving me to the airport in NY, bopped around the east coast of the US and Canada for 4 weeks, then picked me up, and we spent two weeks driving home. The family went to games at Yankee Stadium and whatever the Mets stadium was called in 1983, as well.

I got to go to games in the Astrodome, Soldier Field, Three Rivers Stadium, Tiger Stadium (actually a rain-out), Wrigley, (Old) Comiskey (same day as Wrigley) and a few others with my parents on RV trips. We went to a number of minor league games and parks, as well. On one of our cross country RV trips with our kids, we saw the Cards beat my Dodgers in Busch Stadium. It is beautiful! The fans and staff are the friendliest we've met anywhere. However, we were disappointed that we could not get an actually cold beer. At. Busch. Stadium. One would think that cold beer would be a no brainer for those folks!

We've been to lots of minor league games in SoCal as well as Dodger, Angel, and Padre games. The high school marching band my younger two kids were in over the last 7 years (and for which I was on the booster board most of that time) gets about a third of our funding from working the concessions stands at a minor league park. That's about $80k/year. They got none of that this year, of course, but still have to pay staff. Fortunately, we left them with a healthy emergency reserve fund, built up over the years. Also, since the band isn't actually going to tournaments, nor making the huge Championships trip, expenses are way down. 

I'm babbling. Time to hit Submit Reply.