PRINCESS CRUISERS: HOW ARE THINGS WHERE YOU ARE?!

Host CJSKIDS

11 hours ago, Keksie said:

Have you looked on your county's website.  My county has a number people with transportation issues can call  and they will help.  

Keksie all set my son is coming . I just hate to bug him he works so much and has a family but getting two things done at once TY 🙂

• Like 4

Congrats on getting your shot scheduled!  Though your son juggles many responsibilities, he will certainly be relieved to have you safely vaccinated - and how nice that you can share that experience.  Yay!

Edited by LoriPhil
  • Like 5

On 5/3/2021 at 5:06 PM, Reader0108598 said:

Great mean while I can't get a vaccine  with my one good eye and my walker sorry can't find the eye roll lol I am up at 3am my time nothing available. Glad India gets help though.

Sorry about where you live, vaccine is pretty much available to anyone over 15 in many states and localities.

• Like 1

Broadway opens in September at 100% capacity!!!! Not my city but still ~~~

Added: cruises returning hot topic on local news 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Reader0108598 said:

Got an appointment for tomorrow TY 🙂

Thats fantastic news for whichever one it is: Moderna, Pfizer, or J&J. Did you get one for your DH too?

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

Sorry about where you live, vaccine is pretty much available to anyone over 15 in many states and localities.

Just came from Walmart where they were announcing free vaccines offered in the pharmacy.  More vaccines available than there are takers.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ombud said:

Thats fantastic news for whichever one it is: Moderna, Pfizer, or J&J. Did you get one for your DH too?

Yes I would not do it without him Just wish me luck nervous going out these day vision really down in one eye and have been very sick this year will be so happy when today is done! I got this!🙂

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

SF: Live theater & museums open today 

Clayton: (my town) We went inside the local library for the 1st time in a year. Grandkids picked out over a dz books. We had been using 'FRONT DOOR SERVICE' where they browsed on the phone, reserved, and then the librarian handed the books to us outside but this is much better. Amari (homeschooled) learned to read during the pandemic and has read over 100 books!! She only gets 1 at a time now that she's 'graduated' to juvenile readers. Grandson (zoom school) is stuck in early readers. I don't know what I would do without our unsung heroines (Librarian Katie and her coworkers)

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 7

28 minutes ago, Ombud said:

She only gets 1 at a time now that she's 'graduated' to juvenile readers. Grandson (zoom school) is stuck in early readers.

He's a yr older .... zoom schooling doesn't work. Just ask my other grandson who's a teacher in SF 

@Reader0108598feeling okay after your shot?? 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Reader0108598 said:

Yes I would not do it without him Just wish me luck nervous going out these day vision really down in one eye and have been very sick this year will be so happy when today is done! I got this!🙂

Since I have been droning on about my issues Doctor approved me for cataract surgery and we got our first covid shot so happy to be home without falling I wanted to kiss  my living room floor but I would never get back up  lol Got to keep laughing!

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

Australia TL: DNR ... we are still actively hiding from the rest of the world allowing minimal passengers in or out of the country. Anyone coming in has to self-fund a 14-day hotel quarantine. Vaccine progress is slow, AZ for over 50s, Pfizer to be rolled out for under 50s (no choice).

Personally I would like something that is more effective against B1.1351 (i.e. Pfizer) but I don't get to choose. Not rushing to get vaccinated in case we get a choice later, and they won't let us travel for ages yet anyway...

Edited by BulldustHHH

4 hours ago, BulldustHHH said:

Not rushing to get vaccinated in case we get a choice later, and they won't let us travel for ages yet anyway...

And while ever you and others hold off getting vaccinated while you wait for a choice, it just slows our vacs rate down and the opening of our borders.

Just a reminder, we have had 1.7 million doses of the AZ vaccine done (including me) and have had 11 blood clot cases, probably a few of these with medical issues. I'll let you work out the odds.

• Like 3

On 4/28/2021 at 7:12 PM, Doug R. said:

Today Marj and I celebrated our 20th anniversary with a trip to Longwood Gardens near Philadelphia followed by dinner. We had hoped to do something on a grander scale such as a cruise to celebrate this landmark anniversary but it is what it is. We have our makeup for Sucky Covid Anniversaries, Birthdays and Holidays scheduled on the Enchanted Princess in March.

Everyone have a great rest of the week!

Chuck and I had a Caribbean cruise planned for our 46th Anniversary in June....of course it was cancelled.  So instead we are going to the beach and staying at a "retro 50's" motel. Every time we passed by it for the last few years, Chuck has pointed it out and said he wanted to stay there one day.  So I booked it for a few days around our anniversary!  The Magic Beach Motel....blast from the past!
https://www.magicbeachmotel.com/

• Like 4

On 4/28/2021 at 7:12 PM, Doug R. said:

Today Marj and I celebrated our 20th anniversary with a trip to Longwood Gardens near Philadelphia followed by dinner. We had hoped to do something on a grander scale such as a cruise to celebrate this landmark anniversary but it is what it is. We have our makeup for Sucky Covid Anniversaries, Birthdays and Holidays scheduled on the Enchanted Princess in March.

Everyone have a great rest of the week!

Congrats!

Rough couple of weeks/months.....been to NY twice to spend time with my 92 year old mom.  My dear mom passed away last week...I'm so very sad but know she is at peace.
NY is still at 25-50% occupancy in many cases.  We were limited on how many we could have at the funeral home at one time and how many could actually be at the burial.  Sure made a sad and stressful time even more so.
Glad to back home in Florida.

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 2