Is it smart to buy a cruise now?

Valentina84

15 hours ago, beerman2 said:

The president has already said the cruise lines WILL get a bailout. Just this afternoon/early evening as a matter of fact.

Is that the same pres who tells porkie pies on an hourly basis, and then denies he did so....resulting in more lies? 🤣

41 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Curious your opinion on how the "leadership"in Florida handled rhe spring break situation. 

They were certainly in it for the 💰💰 , with total lack of regard to Covid-19. They were about a week behind most states.

I thought it was appalling. Those beaches should have been shut down 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately the public got a lot of misinformation from the very top levels of our government about how COVID19 is just a "hoax" and how it's really no worse than the flu.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

I thought it was appalling. Those beaches should have been shut down 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately the public got a lot of misinformation from the very top levels of our government about how COVID19 is just a "hoax" and how it's really no worse than the flu.

Leave politics off this board.  We get the fact you hate Trump.    

12 minutes ago, JimR24 said:

Leave politics off this board.  We get the fact you hate Trump.    

Politics and the cruise industry we're all here because of our interest in are indelibly linked, my friend. It's nearly impossible to separate them when discussing this ongoing national crisis. 

I'd be critical of any president that ignored scientists and other public health professionals, regardless of party affiliation. So should any other American that cares about the safety and well being of our fellow citizens, and getting back to cruising as soon as is safely possible. 

12 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

..and NCL and pretty much everything.

"Pretty much everything" - What a remarkably broad generalization to draw from posts entirely limited to the subject of isolated topics related to a single cruise line.

6 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

Politics and the cruise industry we're all here because of our interest in are indelibly linked, my friend. It's nearly impossible to separate them when discussing this ongoing national crisis. 

I'd be critical of any president that ignored scientists and other public health professionals, regardless of party affiliation. So should any other American that cares about the safety and well being of our fellow citizens, and getting back to cruising as soon as is safely possible. 

You sound like an absolutely miserable person.  Someone who will look to blame rather than help.  I will not get into a political discussion on a cruise board whether you think they are linked or not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JimR24 said:

You sound like an absolutely miserable person.  Someone who will look to blame rather than help.  I will not get into a political discussion on a cruise board whether you think they are linked or not.

Curious how you have any idea to what degree I am or am not "helping?" 

Someone asked about the situation in Florida, I pointed out the plain fact that horribly irresponsible and non-factual information from the very top that was contradictory to advice from public health officials contributed to many members of the public acting very foolishly. 

If accepting facts makes me miserable, then that's a label I'm proud to wear. 

That said, thank you for your post in a discussion you said you will not get into. Please have a blessed day. 

Edited by PortFees45

3 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

Curious how you have any idea to what degree I am or am not "helping?" 

Someone asked about the situation in Florida, I pointed out the plain fact that horribly irresponsible and non-factual information from the very top that was contradictory to advice from public health officials contributed to many members of the public acting very foolishly. 

If accepting facts makes me miserable, then that's a label I'm proud to wear. 

That said, thank you for your post in a discussion you said you will not get into. Please have a blessed day. 

Thank god this board has the "ignore user" feature.