Chocolate ships

shipgeeks

At the risk of spreading feel-bad thoughts, I am realizing that not only do I not have cruises coming up next month, I am also running out of chocolate ships.  Wouldn't it be nice if MSC could keep manufacturing them, and selling them online?

Perhaps a happier thought -- I hope the crew got to enjoy the perishable chocolates that were left when the cruises were halted.  They deserve the good stuff!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

On Meraviglia, when I returned to my stateroom one night and found that delicious surprise:  I was shocked--in a good way.  A most original cruise gift.

9 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

At the risk of spreading feel-bad thoughts, I am realising that not only do I not have cruises coming up next month, I am also running out of chocolate ships.  Wouldn't it be nice if MSC could keep manufacturing them, and selling them online?

Perhaps a happier thought -- I hope the crew got to enjoy the perishable chocolates that were left when the cruises were halted.  They deserve the good stuff!

In 2016 I did a B2B 14 night Caribbean cruise followed by a 14 night trans-Atlantic. i discovered that according to MSC HQ  my wife was booked  on the cruises as described. but that had told the ship that  I was only booked on the first cruise. I proved that I was booked on both by showing my booking forms. We were  Black card holders and booked in  to an Aurea  cabin and so had a number of benefits from both. The customer relations manager decided to treat  us as though we had booked four cruises back to back. so we had eight massages, 8 gifts, 8 complimentary speciality dinners., and you guessed correctly:----- 8 chocolate ships. T|his gave us a problem as we were given all of them on the last night so we ended up exceeding our  airlines baggage allowance.   

We managed to give away 4 of them to other guests with whom we had become very friendly and we decided to risk overweight cases. We  were fortunate that the airport weighing scales erred on the generous side and registered us as only half a kilogram over  so we wee given the benefit of the doubt.

So if we ever cruise with Shipgeeks i know who will be only too leased to accept ours as a gift.

We accept!

For whatever reason, on our B2B, overall we received six ships.  Maybe they were out of hats or tote bags; Not Complaining! We seriously considered leaving some clothing behind, to be able to pack five to take home.  We did get them home successfully, but the supply is dwindling.

I'm ashamed!  I never thought about offering the chocolate Meraviglia to another guest.  I could not keep mine.  I had 3 days in Fort Lauderdale after my cruise followed by an 11 days on the Eurodam with the chocolate sitting in my car "docked" at Port Everglades.  Just didn't want to return from that cruise with a "melted chocolate mess" in my new car.  

I re-iterate:  that gift is a truly unique one and helps to make MSC stand out from the other cruise lines.    

• Like 1

For the time being, a chocolate ship is the only way you are going to be able to get a ship model on MSC.  When we were on the Seaside a month ago, they were down to about 5 of the metal ships left because their manufacturer was from China and their exports got cut off from the virus, and they did not have any idea when the flow would restart.

We did B2B in Feb and came home with 4. 

Ate one over the course of several days about a week ago - with this stay-at-home thing going on

Want to wrap the others in saran and freeze for future use. Did some googling on how to best save high quality chocolate--and evidently moisture is a major issue... Can be stored (securely wrapped) in a fridge too.

Won' keep forever-- that said-- the chocolate is too yummy to just binge through them 

4 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

I agree, it is outstanding chocolate.  I'm afraid that when my ships are gone, the Fine European Chocolate in our grocery store will just not measure up.

Now, I regret not chopping off a piece of the bow or the stern--which ought to go first?--and eat it.

When I cruise, I consume so much more "goodies" than I do at home that eating something else, like that gift, well, I just don't have the capacity anymore.  I even bring home the chocolates that are left as a bedtime treat.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, eastoftheboston said:

I've been on two MSC cruises and never saw a chocolate ship. Is this a gift for higher-tier cruisers? I would have loved getting one! 

I believe it is a Diamond/Black Card gift.

I can't speak from experience, but if the chocolates at the Venchi spot are as good, they are well worth buying!

29 minutes ago, eastoftheboston said:

I've been on two MSC cruises and never saw a chocolate ship. Is this a gift for higher-tier cruisers? I would have loved getting one! 

Yes it is for Diamond , previously Black, membership

On 3/23/2020 at 5:40 AM, Markanddonna said:

We were given four in Feb since we did a B2B. We gave one to the family at our dinner table, one as a gift to a neighbor boy and melted the other two and made chocolate peanut clusters.

That's a great idea. Never thought about using as peanut clusters. I did take our Seaside ships and melted them down and turned into a chocolate ganache with a little Pappy Van Winkle thrown in for my husband's special birthday cake.

On 3/23/2020 at 12:29 PM, Beardface said:

For the time being, a chocolate ship is the only way you are going to be able to get a ship model on MSC.  When we were on the Seaside a month ago, they were down to about 5 of the metal ships left because their manufacturer was from China and their exports got cut off from the virus, and they did not have any idea when the flow would restart.

I wish MSC had small ship Christmas ornaments like NCL/RCL has. We have Adventure of the Seas, NCL Escape, and NCL Bliss on our tree. REALLY would like a Seaside ornament, as we were engaged aboard her, then married the next year on a Seaside cruise.

9 hours ago, AviationInScale said:

I wish MSC had small ship Christmas ornaments like NCL/RCL has. We have Adventure of the Seas, NCL Escape, and NCL Bliss on our tree. REALLY would like a Seaside ornament, as we were engaged aboard her, then married the next year on a Seaside cruise.

An excellent suggestion.  If anyone in Fort Lauderdale's MSC office monitors this site, they could provide your suggestion to MSC's Marketing Department.  

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, phissy said:

Wondering if those who have received chocolate ships can report back.

Some reporting that ships are now poor quality chocolate?
Thanks

On Virtuosa, precisely as previous i.e. supplied by the onboard Jean Phillipe franchise!