Carnival Mardi Gras January 2021-Is it cancelled?

Allure2020

5 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I don't thnk any ship will sail at full capacity, maybe half. This is how they hope to lessen the chance of a virus spreading on the ships.

Maybe initially but certainly not sustainable.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I don't thnk any ship will sail at full capacity, maybe half. This is how they hope to lessen the chance of a virus spreading on the ships.

44 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Maybe initially but certainly not sustainable.  

It's going to be a lot longer than you think until the cruise industry is back to sailing at full capacity. According to CBRE's forecast which uses a lot of forecasting data from Smith Travel, it may be 16 months before the US hotel occupancy returns to approximately 60% of rooms occupied. Smith Travel compiles the STR reports that nearly every hotel utilizes to benchmark its market penetration and how it compares against its top competitors.

PS- Mods, Smith Travel is NOT a travel agency. It is a global data and analytics company that provides insight and benchmarking data. They report data regarding hotel ADR, RevPAR, Total Revenue and Occupancy Figures. 

6e543bc406a048d5dcfc9e06f484d83c.thumb.jpg.667f444dfaf18fd641268cb061964ebf.jpg

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

It's going to be a lot longer than you think until the cruise industry is back to sailing at full capacity. According to CBRE's forecast which uses a lot of forecasting data from Smith Travel, it may be 16 months before the US hotel occupancy returns to approximately 60% of rooms occupied. Smith Travel compiles the STR reports that nearly every hotel utilizes to benchmark its market penetration and how it compares against its top competitors.

PS- Mods, Smith Travel is NOT a travel agency. It is a global data and analytics company that provides insight and benchmarking data. They report data regarding hotel ADR, RevPAR, Total Revenue and Occupancy Figures. 

6e543bc406a048d5dcfc9e06f484d83c.thumb.jpg.667f444dfaf18fd641268cb061964ebf.jpg

Interesting data for sure.  I would love to see the same for the cruise industry, but doubt they can produce it.  Saw a webinar last week by Peter Greenberg the travel editor from the Times (I think).  He Gave. A gloomy picture for the industry, with the best case for the airlines (with bailouts), the hotel industry and the potential consolidation (Marriott properties going from 37 properties under their umbrella down to potentially single digits) and lastly the cruise industry (no bailouts, at least in their current configuration).  All that said, there are still way to many variables to clarify much from where we currently are.

4 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Interesting data for sure.  I would love to see the same for the cruise industry, but doubt they can produce it.  Saw a webinar last week by Peter Greenberg the travel editor from the Times (I think).  He Gave. A gloomy picture for the industry, with the best case for the airlines (with bailouts), the hotel industry and the potential consolidation (Marriott properties going from 37 properties under their umbrella down to potentially single digits) and lastly the cruise industry (no bailouts, at least in their current configuration).  All that said, there are still way to many variables to clarify much from where we currently are.

I'm very much a glass-half-full kind of guy. The downturn on hotels, I believe, will come in large part from business travelers who are getting used to using Microsoft Teams and Zoom for virtual meetings.  They are finding out that they don't need to make that flight/hotel to make the deal.   I think this thing alone will soften airlines and hotels for years.   For cruise lines, it's different, I think they will lose some of the lucrative elderly, and new cruisers will be more gun shy.  There should be a bit of pent up demand, provided enough of the public still has jobs.   

I've been negative on CCL stock, but I think it's looking more viable now.   It may take four years to recover.  If they go for another round of dilution of shares, it will be that much longer.   I could see the stock easily at 20 a share in 202

• Like 1