For Amsterdam WC passengers getting off/getting home and beyond

cruzingnut

1 minute ago, Captain Ricky said:

Hi again, 

When I tried to poen the pictures from the ship that I bought from the photography department the files were corrupted and woiuld not open, I tried several different programs with, essentially the same message.  I called HAL and they referred me to their photo company.  I called and they told me they would call back, which is better than waiting on hold.  Anyone else have this problem? I am wondering if it was a system problem or something on my drive was corrupted.

Thanks,

Rich McClear

One of the USB sticks they gave me was corrupted but they switched it out onboard.  Check your email.....I think I have a workaround

22 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

I just got on a few seconds ago.

https://book2.hollandamerica.com/cp/

Try this link

Are you sure that is for our cruise. I believe that is for cruises that were cancelled recently. The letter we received onboard the 125% credit is for the missed days. Same applies for the 50% cash and 50% cruise credit. It is for the missed days only.

• Like 1

The credit for missed days was for people who booked segements...

This link is for everyone.   They said that our letter is controlling, not what the website said.  

Here is the section from our letter....nothing about proration for full cruisers

image.thumb.png.b155842adc9d4a05025e6b3f90c9faef.png

Edited by The-Inside-Cabin

25 minutes ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

The credit for missed days was for people who booked segements...

This link is for everyone.   They said that our letter is controlling, not what the website said.  

Here is the section from our letter....nothing about proration for full cruisers

image.thumb.png.b155842adc9d4a05025e6b3f90c9faef.png

Thanks Pete, if this is true, why are people complaining. The Pacific Princess passengers were offered 125 % of the missed days or 50% cash and 50% FCC for the missed days at least according to what is being said on the Princess board. Plus, they had to take all their luggage and will be reimbursed $200 of extra luggage.

5 minutes ago, Storylady said:

Thanks Pete, if this is true, why are people complaining. The Pacific Princess passengers were offered 125 % of the missed days or 50% cash and 50% FCC for the missed days at least according to what is being said on the Princess board. Plus, they had to take all their luggage and will be reimbursed $200 of extra luggage.

This post appears to have more current info about the princess offers.   Not sure why people are complaining about the offer.   I think it is very generous.

1 hour ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

One of the USB sticks they gave me was corrupted but they switched it out onboard.  Check your email.....I think I have a workaround

I had the same problem but luckily checked them out before we left the ship. They copied the files to a USB stick that we had and that worked fine so I made a 2nd copy onto my laptop. They gave us a blank USB to replace the bad one We later found that one of the USBs with their Video Package was also bad so they replaced that too. They must have got a bad batch of USB sticks. 

I'd really appreciate knowing exactly what "base cruise fare" means.  Minus taxes?  If so, as the HAL website always shows (fare + "taxes, fees and port expenses")?  Someone mentioned TA commission is also deducted. 

Edited by SilvertoGold

We also got the USB pics but never thought about checking them out before we left and they are packed in the suitcases that are being shipped hopefully in May. One more thing to add to my list of To Do.  

Anyone having trouble getting on the website to apply for the options for FCC? I have tried Safari and Google Chrome with no success.  message is “Internal Server Error. please Try again”. Call HAL and they said to try Crome instead of Safari.  Neither one works. Any suggestions? 

37 minutes ago, Hygge! said:

Anyone having trouble getting on the website to apply for the options for FCC? I have tried Safari and Google Chrome with no success.  message is “Internal Server Error. please Try again”. Call HAL and they said to try Crome instead of Safari.  Neither one works. Any suggestions? 

This link worked for me a few minutes ago

https://book2.hollandamerica.com/cp/

21 hours ago, Storylady said:

Thanks for being a Good Samaritan! Goes to show you the value of rumors: not much.  I suspect, the young violinist accompanied her to the Perth Airport or just walked out with her to the bus. We know of several other Good Samaritans! Glad to know that we traveled with such caring passengers. Couldn’t help anyone on our last leg as we were almost the only Americans onboard since we flew to Tokyo and then LAX.

Oh No,   We were on the flights with Dolly and the young man as they went from Perth to Sydney, from Sydney to Honolulu and from Honolulu to Portland, OR where we got our car and they continued on.  He said he would be with her all the way and then continue on to Arizona.  He took excellent care of her and of course all flight attendants fell in love with Dolly.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Retired Librarian said:

Oh No,   We were on the flights with Dolly and the young man as they went from Perth to Sydney, from Sydney to Honolulu and from Honolulu to Portland, OR where we got our car and they continued on.  He said he would be with her all the way and then continue on to Arizona.  He took excellent care of her and of course all flight attendants fell in love with Dolly.

Sorry, we misunderstood your original message. Thought you had helped Dolly. So the Adagio Violinist from the ship did helped Dolly. So nice of him and so good of HAL to arrange it!❤️❤️❤️❤️

P.S. He and his pianist friend were excellent. We just loved their music!

• Like 3

On 3/31/2020 at 1:43 PM, Scrapnana said:

Did anyone get a charge of $1.00 labeled “Amsterdam” on their credit card used with HAL.  I think it might be a fraudulent charge because I expect it would say “Holland America “ not the name of the ship.  Watch your card.

Make sure you check your card charges. We got a Fraud warning from our card the other day asking about a change to ETSY.com tried at midnight (while we were sleeping). They told me there was another charge right before for $0 from GW2 which they found both being consistent for the fraud charges on other cards. (I too thought maybe HAL was testing card GW2). I've shut my card down and they are sending a new one. I was told it won't affect any credits coming back on the old card. Fingers crossed.

On 3/29/2020 at 7:42 PM, The-Inside-Cabin said:

Here are the options as downloaded from the website a few minutes ago:

The key question is what is the definition of "use"

I figure once we get the same answer from 5 or 6 different HAL reps and/or Travel Agents it will probably be correct.    I sent an email to guest relations - we'll see what and when I get an answer.   

Please select your choice:

Option #1, POSTPONE (higher value)

Defer your refund and receive a future cruise credit for 125% of the base cruise fare paid plus an onboard credit of $250 USD/per person, which can be applied toward any future cruise through December 31, 2021. Non-cruise fare purchases through Holland America Line will be refunded via the method of payment used to purchase the services.

Option #2, Cancel (lower value)
If you do not choose the 125% future cruise credit plus $250 USD/per person onboard credit, a 100% refund of all monies paid will be reimbursed to the original form of payment. This includes Holland America Line’s Flight Ease air, Cancellation Protection Plan, Holland America Line pre- or post-cruise hotel packages or transfers, prepaid shore excursions and amenities purchased through Holland America Line, and taxes, fees, and port expenses back to the original form of payment.

This is a clarification regarding the Option 1 Future Cruise Credit ("FCC"). If a guest elects Option 1 and does not use his/her FCC and wants a refund thereafter of the original base cruise fare paid, between June 1, 2020 and December 31, 2021, the guest can request Holland America Line to exchange the FCC for a refund of their base cruise fare paid. Refund will be issued within approximately 60 days from request date. Requests accepted via email to guestrelations@hollandamerica.com. In no situation shall a guest be entitled to a refund greater than the base cruise fare paid. Guests selecting Option 1 and requesting a refund as set forth herein will not be entitled to any other compensation/credit. Guests selecting Option 2 shall not be entitled to any additional refund (other than the initial refund as set forth in Option 2) at any time. All FCC’s expire on December 31, 2021 and are subject to published terms, conditions, and restrictions. Offer and its terms are subject to change.

Are there any CC'ers that are Bankruptcy attorneys that care to opine on what happens if HAL (or Carnival) files BK? I assume a cash credit would be tied up and diminished but what about FCC? 

There are no hard and fast rules.     AMERICAN airlines BK in 2011 did not wipe out the value of all the equity shareholders.    Unusual.  

Most anything is possible during a Chap 11 reorg.     The company puts together a reorganization plan and the judge must approve.  

chap 7, liquidation, is different.   Everything gets sold.    Someone could conceivably buy the FCC and use it to entice customers to their line.   

I was hazard to guess that any refunds might be converted to FCC during BK.  But that is for the company to suggest and the judge to approve.  

I wouldn't base my FCC/refund decision on trying to anticipate what might happen. In BK.   

Airline frequent flyer miles, probably the closest approximation to FCC have always survived airline BK. 

Requesting FCC instead of cash back shows confidence in the company and may help them weather the storm.    

no one can ever predict how a Bk will turn out.  Best to avoid.  

• Like 1

Chapter 11 reorganization would be the most likely.  Customers with deposits and FCC would be unsecured (I.e. at the bank of the line).  The line was made longer with yesterday’s debt issuance as it is secured by CCL assets (ships).  Most likely you would get pennies on the dollar.

3 hours ago, REOVA said:

Make sure you check your card charges. We got a Fraud warning from our card the other day asking about a change to ETSY.com tried at midnight (while we were sleeping). They told me there was another charge right before for $0 from GW2 which they found both being consistent for the fraud charges on other cards. (I too thought maybe HAL was testing card GW2). I've shut my card down and they are sending a new one. I was told it won't affect any credits coming back on the old card. Fingers crossed.

After calling my credit card company and HAL, I found that my $1 pending charge was legit.  It disappeared from my card the next day.

2 hours ago, The-Inside-Cabin said:

There are no hard and fast rules.     AMERICAN airlines BK in 2011 did not wipe out the value of all the equity shareholders.    Unusual. 

Most anything is possible during a Chap 11 reorg.     The company puts together a reorganization plan and the judge must approve. 

chap 7, liquidation, is different.   Everything gets sold.    Someone could conceivably buy the FCC and use it to entice customers to their line.  

I was hazard to guess that any refunds might be converted to FCC during BK.  But that is for the company to suggest and the judge to approve. 

I wouldn't base my FCC/refund decision on trying to anticipate what might happen. In BK.  

Airline frequent flyer miles, probably the closest approximation to FCC have always survived airline BK.

Requesting FCC instead of cash back shows confidence in the company and may help them weather the storm.   

no one can ever predict how a Bk will turn out.  Best to avoid.  

Carnival Corporation & plc are paired companies, operating as a single entity.  Carnival Corp. is incorporated in Panama, and Carnival plc is incorporated in UK.   Would that mean that a reorg might occur elsewhere, not under US laws?

5 minutes ago, Captain Ricky said:

3 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I can't read unless I subscribe.  Too bad.

I think it is an article about the Saudis buying 8% of CCL stock at their last offering.  If so you can read it in other places like here:

https://www.streetinsider.com/13Gs/Public+Investment+Fund+of+Saudi+Arabia+reports+8.2%+stake+in+Carnival+Corp.+(CCL)/16712941.html