For Amsterdam WC passengers getting off/getting home and beyond

cruzingnut

2 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

It might have to do with the 3%  we got our"s  as well today 

Great you got yours!  You may be right on the 3%, I had not thought of that.

Edited by KirkNC

7 minutes ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

It might have to do with the 3%  we got our"s  as well today 

Your right, its within a few cents when I deduct he 3% from the invoice amount, good job!

On 5/20/2020 at 9:51 AM, mrtrthompson said:

The survey we received was not a survey of your recent cruise experience, but what are you thinking about going forward.  Are you willing to air travel to get to a port for a cruise? Are ports on this list you would not take a cruise from? They did give a space (2000 key strokes) for comments and that's where I addressed the current unknowns (where's my luggage) that will guide my decisions.  My main response was the need for transparency and more communication vs silence.  

Hmm.... given those questions,  any chance the survey went only to those who don’t  have to fly to Fort Lauderdale? We have to fly there from Vancouver, and Captain Ricky flies in from Alaska, so those particular questions are answered before they’re even asked.

1 hour ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Hmm.... given those questions,  any chance the survey went only to those who don’t  have to fly to Fort Lauderdale? We have to fly there from Vancouver, and Captain Ricky flies in from Alaska, so those particular questions are answered before they’re even asked.

That's not the survey i got from HAL.  Mine was a generic how did you like your cruise,  I would love to get a chance to answer some of those questions.  I would love to have some input to the planning of the 2022 GWV, where to, even where from (leaving from both coasts?)  Was the survey on line with a link?  

4 hours ago, Captain Ricky said:

I would love to have some input to the planning of the 2022 GWV, where to, even where from (leaving from both coasts?)

We all had the opportunity to complete a 2022 GWV survey while onboard this year's world cruise. It included four possible itineraries, and several questions related to preferred ports, etc.

9 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Nope.  We didn't get one and we've never flown to a cruise in all our years of cruising with HAL.

4 hours ago, TJR_0323 said:

We all had the opportunity to complete a 2022 GWV survey while onboard this year's world cruise. It included four possible itineraries, and several questions related to preferred ports, etc.

I filled out that survey but things have changed since then.   I think, for instance, a world cruise that picks up on both coasts may be an innovation they want to consider., or add on cruises that can carry us to and from the west coast on both ends. 

Also, with several ports I wanted to visit canceled I have a different wish list for 2020 that I had when I filled in the survey and assumed I would see places and things that we missed.  So, yeah, I want the new survey.

My guess is they will cnx the 2021 world cruise and run the current 2021 itinerary in 2022.

I am pretty optimistic but I think any cruise over 14 days will be considered high risk for a while.

I suspect they will run more round trip "bubble" cruises in 2021 rather than long point to points.

Probably nothing longer than 14 days. They need to think how they can better firewall their ships if there is another flare up.

Might even restrict sailings to citizens of the departure port for a while. That way it would be harder for FLL to refuse entry if ship is 100pct US citizens. Or med cruises are nothing but EU citizens.

Already hearing that Australia and NZ are building a travel bubble.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On 5/22/2020 at 3:14 AM, TJR_0323 said:

I filled out that survey but things have changed since then.   I think, for instance, a world cruise that picks up on both coasts may be an innovation they want to consider., or add on cruises that can carry us to and from the west coast on both ends. 

Also, with several ports I wanted to visit canceled I have a different wish list for 2020 that I had when I filled in the survey and assumed I would see places and things that we missed.  So, yeah, I want the new survey.

On 5/22/2020 at 12:52 AM, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

We flew to FLL from Atlanta, so it might be possible that it was for "flying" passengers, but we could drive just as easily.  I tried to look at the survey again, but was denied access. It did not have anything to do with our cruise.

image.png.ddaeb15dc6382ba3378cfe6a1f06af93.png

On 5/23/2020 at 12:30 PM, Captain Ricky said:

The credit for our refund appeared in our credit card account today.  Holland America was good at it's word, within 60 days.

Did you get an email from HAL that it was posted, or did you find out when you looked at your CC balance?  I was informed by my bank (BOA) when asked about a big credit balance being posted soon, they said do NOT attempt to move it to your back account because it would generate a trigger for a cash advance. Just what I was told, may not be the case for others.

2 minutes ago, mrtrthompson said:

Did you get an email from HAL that it was posted, or did you find out when you looked at your CC balance?  I was informed by my bank (BOA) when asked about a big credit balance being posted soon, they said do NOT attempt to move it to your back account because it would generate a trigger for a cash advance. Just what I was told, may not be the case for others.

I think the CC will send a refund check if it's a large amount (not a cash advance) but best to check.

1 minute ago, kahtrav said:

I think the CC will send a refund check if it's a large amount (not a cash advance) but best to check.

That would be nice, but I think they (BOA) want me to give back all of the points I got for booking the cruise on my credit card.  Big bonus for us if we get a check...!!

2 hours ago, mrtrthompson said:

That would be nice, but I think they (BOA) want me to give back all of the points I got for booking the cruise on my credit card.  Big bonus for us if we get a check...!!

I hadn’t thought of that.

2 hours ago, kahtrav said:

I actually inquired BEFORE the cruise, in case I had to cancel for some reason.  USAA told me that a refund check would be issued for the credit balance.  A friend had the same answer from AMEX.

4 hours ago, mrtrthompson said:

Nothing from HAL, we were checking our AMEX account and found we had a huge positive balance.

We flew to FLL from Atlanta, so it might be possible that it was for "flying" passengers, but we could drive just as easily.  I tried to look at the survey again, but was denied access. It did not have anything to do with our cruise.

I  tried the link and it didn't work.  Probably expired.  Thanks for trying.