Zaandam and Rotterdam Situation (merged topics starting March 22, 2020)

bouhunter

Just now, Max2003 said:

Copper 

This somehow sounds ominous.  Are you reading the tea leaves?

I don't think they've made a decision as of yet. The Broward County Sheriff is referring to it in his comments. Btw, he's is running out of collar space for his rank insignia/amount of stars

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, KirkWN737 said:

They don’t seem too happy about getting blindsided by the Princess ship today. 

Are they speaking of the Coral Princess that is coming their way with now reported virus possible passengers?  ETA Estimated arrival of Coral Princess is April 4.

Edited by FlorenceItaly
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, KirkWN737 said:

They don’t seem too happy about getting blindsided by the Princess ship today. 

They got blindsided by Meraviglia recently as well so they are concerned.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, sansterre said:

NO!  To do so would be both inappropriate and against the Florida Sunshine Law.  

If two or more commissioners were together for lunch, our county lawyer would usually hang with them to be sure no current issues were discussed.

Yes, you are correct regarding state Sunshine laws and the commissioners, but there is nothing preventing the feds, such as the USCG Capt of the Port, discussing certain logistics with Carnival Corp, CBP, the CDC, etc.  The USCG's operational procedures, like HAL's security procedures, are not for public discussions and are therefore exempt from Sunshine laws.  They fall under Trade Secret protection, and preservation of law enforcement safety. 

In fact, the Sheriff just made reference to conversations with CBP.  That, as well, is exempt from Sunshine laws due to it being LE procedures. 

Edited by Aquahound
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Are they speaking of the Coral Princess that is coming their way with now reported virus possible passengers?

No  

Edited by Nymich
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Are they speaking of the Coral Princess that is coming their way with now reported virus possible passengers?

They don’t seem happy about the Crown Princess arriving today to Port Everglades with sick crew members. There was no reference to what kind of sickness. 

Also finding out today that the Coral Princess is arriving on Saturday. Although, correct me if I’m wrong, I didn’t hear there were sick people on the Coral Princess. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Are they speaking of the Coral Princess that is coming their way with now reported virus possible passengers?  ETA Estimated arrival of Coral Princess is April 4.

They're referring to the Crown Princess, currently in Port Everglades as we speak. Broward County Sheriff (Fire) Department had to respond there upon the ship's arrival this morning to treat a crew member with a high fever and flu-like symptoms

• Like 1

Just now, KirkWN737 said:

They don’t seem happy about the Crown Princess arriving today to Port Everglades with sick crew members. There was no reference to what kind of sickness. 

Also finding out today that the Coral Princess is arriving on Saturday. Although, correct me if I’m wrong, I didn’t hear there were sick people on the Coral Princess. 

You could be right I was multi tasking and got my C ships mixed up.

Celebrity Eclipse arrived in San Diego yesterday with an ill patient on board.  Ship had been in daily contact with San Diego Medical authorities regarding health of those onboard and confirmed all were healthy.   Woman had been ill for 5 days,

taken by ambulance to hospital on arrival with confirmed case.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KirkWN737 said:

Unfortunately, Coral Princess is having issues too.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, VermeulT said:

Bravo Commissioner Barbara Sharief!

She makes good points and I mostly agree with her, but she also said FLL is where the ship was supposed to end it's cruise.  I think she might have been misinformed in that regard. 

Moot point though.  I like what she's saying. 

Edited by Aquahound

I believe they are going to see more crew coming off of ships; the rate of medevac has increased in the last few days; initially the cruise lines acted as if this was a well deserved R&R break for crew and let them use guest recreation areas, restaurants, gyms, etc.  Now that a handfull are coming down ill we are likely to see more of this. The commissioner who raised the issue was rightly agitated that the ships had not properly informed the port. 

• Like 4