Zaandam and Rotterdam Situation (merged topics starting March 22, 2020)

bouhunter

The Dr. made an impassioned plea and when it came to the plan she took her foot off the gas and said she guesses Carnival can handle it.  Appreciate her perspective and nice speech from the heart but no substance. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aquahound said:

She makes good points and I mostly agree with her, but she also said FLL is where the ship was supposed to end it's cruise.  I think she might have been misinformed in that regard. 

If you're referring to Zaandam, she actually did, on 07 Apr. Unless I misunderstood you

Zaandam 3/6/2020 Fri BUENOS AIRES
Zaandam 3/7/2020 Sat BUENOS AIRES
Zaandam 3/8/2020 Sun Buenos Aires
Zaandam 3/9/2020 Mon Montevideo
Zaandam 3/10/2020 Tue At Sea (South Atlantic Ocean)
Zaandam 3/11/2020 Wed At Sea
Zaandam 3/12/2020 Thu Port Stanley
Zaandam 3/13/2020 Fri Scenic cruising Strait of Magellan
Zaandam 3/14/2020 Sat Punta Arenas
Zaandam 3/15/2020 Sun Ushuaia
Zaandam 3/16/2020 Mon Scenic cruising Cape Horn 
Zaandam 3/17/2020 Tue Scenic cruising Sarmiento Channel
Zaandam 3/18/2020 Wed Scenic cruising Chilean Fjords
Zaandam 3/19/2020 Thu Puerto Montt
Zaandam 3/20/2020 Fri At Sea (South Pacific Ocean)
Zaandam 3/21/2020 Sat SAN ANTONIO (SANTIAGO)
Zaandam 3/22/2020 Sun Coquimbo (La Serena)
Zaandam 3/23/2020 Mon At Sea (Pacific Ocean)
Zaandam 3/24/2020 Tue At Sea
Zaandam 3/25/2020 Wed Callao (Lima)
Zaandam 3/26/2020 Thu Callao (Lima)
Zaandam 3/27/2020 Fri Salaverry (Trujillo)
Zaandam 3/28/2020 Sat At Sea (Pacific Ocean)
Zaandam 3/29/2020 Sun Manta (Quito)
Zaandam 3/30/2020 Mon At Sea (Pacific Ocean)
Zaandam 3/31/2020 Tue Fuerte Amador (Panama City)
Zaandam 4/1/2020 Wed Fuerte Amador (Panama City)
Zaandam 4/2/2020 Thu At Sea (Caribbean Sea)
Zaandam 4/3/2020 Fri Oranjestad
Zaandam 4/4/2020 Sat At Sea (Caribbean Sea)
Zaandam 4/5/2020 Sun At Sea
Zaandam 4/6/2020 Mon Half Moon Cay
Zaandam 4/7/2020 Tue FORT LAUDERDALE, FL
  • Like 5

Earlier the Carnival Rep did say he did not have a complete plan because he needed the results of this meeting to finish the plan.  Maybe now he can go back now finish the plan and get these people off.

• Like 1

Just now, Nymich said:

Earlier the Carnival Rep did say he did not have a complete plan because he needed the results of this meeting to finish the plan.  Maybe now he can go back now finish the plan and get these people off.

The cruise line has to submit the plan that meets the requirements as published yesterday and addresses questions of today.  

Just now, Nymich said:

Agreed.  Nobody wants anymore people stranded at Sea we all have enough to deal with on land.

And he was saying that all the ships "parked" at sea need to come in to re-provision and refuel.  Which is a very valid point.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

My apologies, Copper10-8.  I didn't know it was supposed to end in FL.  Was that itinerary all 1 cruise, or inclusive of multiple segments?  For some reason, I though it was supposed to conclude in Chili. 

Please, no apologies required! 

It included a total of two itineraries/segments

• Like 2

Port Director Wiltshire caught blindsided by Crown Princess; as was CDC and US Coast Guard.  Ship ordered out of port.  Violation of Federal Law.  Carnival Rep "My phone is out of juice"; trying to justify the actions by saying the ships haven't left US territorial waters and so did not need to provide an update. 

LOOK - WE ALL want the same thing; people to get home, safely.  CREW INCLUDED.  The plan has to come from Carnival Corp and that is what is lacking.  

Create plan

Make it actionable 

EXECUTE 

Edited by LMaxwell
  • Like 3

Commissioners Sherief and Commissioner Rich, two smart women saying all the passengers want to do is go home.  Yes!  Unless they live in Broward/Dade area, they want to get away from that center of Covid-19 activity.

I will campaign for them if they run for re-elecitons!

It really isn't that complicated, is it?  Crown Princess - isn't that the one that is due April 4?  Did it just leave this morning?  I hope that doesn't negatively affect the HAL ships.

Edited by sansterre
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

I don't think they've made a decision as of yet. The Broward County Sheriff is referring to it in his comments. Btw, he's is running out of collar space for his rank insignia/amount of stars

I get the impression that they expect a salute.  Fortunately, I am always uncovered and can't.  When they get to 6 stars the military will have to up their game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LMaxwell said:

Port Director Wiltshire caught blindsided by Crown Princess; as was CDC and US Coast Guard.  Ship ordered out of port.  Violation of Federal Law.  Carnival Rep "My phone is out of juice"; trying to justify the actions by saying the ships haven't left US territorial waters and so did not need to provide an update. 

LOOK - WE ALL want the same thing; people to get home, safely.  CREW INCLUDED.  The plan has to come from Carnival Corp and that is what is lacking.  

Create plan

Make it actionable 

EXECUTE 

Yes, a full plan is needed.  I do not believe, however, that we all want the same thing...

• Like 1