How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

37 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

A local alterations shop is making masks and offering them free to over 65's or selling then to others. We stopped in and bought some. They are very good, made of tightly woven cotton and lined (which apparently is effective against 70-80% of germs) and are washable. They are good enough to wear while doing the shopping. There has been quite a lot of discussion about places like Singapore, Hong Kong, and Taiwan, where mask-wearing is quite common, and how the number of cases in those places it lower than expected. I'm beginning to doubt the "masks aren't effective" edict, but wouldn't want to take hospital-grade masks away from those people who really need them. So if home-made masks are 70-80% effective then why not use them in places like supermarkets where many people seem to be either ignoring social distancing or having difficultly maintaining it.

On the Princess section of the forum, there was a photo of a mask made by one of the regular members. She used one of the blue Princess tote bags. Strong fabric and washable.

Someone else made the comment that she cruises so often she could make them for everyone in her state.🙂

40 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

It’s Official folks .....Easter Bunny has been declared an essential worker and can visit as many homes as required .  

Here's our official one for WA 🐇 s

image.png.acc0720353e4134711da49542e874047.png

Edited by dizzy1948
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

It’s Official folks .....Easter Bunny has been declared an essential worker and can visit as many homes as required .🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇

Same here.  Our Premier made the announcement!

Was amazed at local shops last week when, at both of the big supermarkets, they had two checkouts side by side open while all the remainder were not being used. If a shopper was going through each checkout at the same time there was no way they could be the required distance apart. Will be interesting this week to see if they have realised their mistake.

Online news this morning said a South Australian man has hoarded 4,500 roll of toilet paper and has been refused permission to sell them online, apparently he is stuck with them and is trying to flog them off to small independent grocers. I hope the rats get into the hoard.

13 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

Online news this morning said a South Australian man has hoarded 4,500 roll of toilet paper and has been refused permission to sell them online, apparently he is stuck with them and is trying to flog them off to small independent grocers. I hope the rats get into the hoard.

maybe he thought he was on a roll.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

It’s Official folks .....Easter Bunny has been declared an essential worker and can visit as many homes as required .🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇

Doe Santa Claus get the same exemption? This could still be going at Christmas.

Just now, NSWP said:

I am sure the old boy will but he may have to leave the reindeer at home . The pixies and the elves will just have to work harder to compensate .🦌🦌🎅

1 minute ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

I am sure the old boy will but he may have to leave the reindeer at home . The pixies and the elves will just have to work harder to compensate .🦌🦌🎅

But if they are over 70 years of age they are not allowed out.   We had to 'retire all our meals on wheels deliverer's who are over 70, to reduce human contact.  We have plan B in operation now, like Woollies home delivery, 'drop and run.'   I am still working with the service a couple of days a week but not delivering, doing packing and freezer work mainly.  We have 200 folk just in the Eurobodalla Shire  who might starve if they don't get a feed.

Santa is only 69 is he not? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

But if they are over 70 years of age they are not allowed out.   We had to 'retire all our meals on wheels deliverer's who are over 70, to reduce human contact.  We have plan B in operation now, like Woollies home delivery, 'drop and run.'   I am still working with the service a couple of days a week but not delivering, doing packing and freezer work mainly.  We have 200 folk just in the Eurobodalla Shire  who might starve if they don't get a feed.

Santa is only 69 is he not? 

Good on you Les for working and co-ordinating your local Meals on Wheels. 👍😁💘

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Could be.  Just caught a grab re making contingency plans for no audience at Aust Open next year.  My poor Melbourne plans - no International Garden Show, now no Aust Open with fans (me) unthinkable!  Maybe it wasn't the Aust tennis Open. 

Edited by MMDown Under

15 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Could be.  Just caught a grab re making contingency plans for no audience at Aust Open next year.  My poor Melbourne plans - no International Garden Show, now no Aust Open with fans (me) unthinkable!  Maybe it wasn't the Aust tennis Open. 

Unfortunately it was the OZ Open.

"CEO Craig Tiley said they were preparing for the possibility that international players will have to undergo quarantine, or for the tournament to go ahead without fans in the stadiums."

1 minute ago, By The Bay said:

"CEO Craig Tiley said they were preparing for the possibility that international players will have to undergo quarantine, or for the tournament to go ahead without fans in the stadiums."

Better put in my ballot for Wimbledon 2021 then!

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Covid-19 is winning so far, no sports, no arts, only thing left is politics and religion.

Politics and Religion - And I'm using masking tape after today's decision.  No more TV today!

45 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Has anyone thought about organisations like Aust Open making contingency plans for late January, 2021, when we are talking about cruises mid year.  Do you think we've been given the whole picture? 

It really annoys me looking at the virus and its impact and these stupid sports Presidents/CEO's all they worry about is that their precious sport might have to be postponed or cancelled.  There are more important priorities at the moment you galahs. 

They need to get a real job - snowflakes or as Uncle Donald T would say - 'Sweety Pies.'🤣

And don't get me started on the various sports 'stars' and football teams carrying on like big tarts because they might have to take a pay cut.' Go and live on $1500 a fortnight that the government will give you.  You might have to sell your waterfront mansion and your BMW.

Had my rant, feel better now.  Have to nip down to Dan Murphy's on an essential mission to pick up some more medication.

11 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Has anyone thought about organisations like Aust Open making contingency plans for late January, 2021, when we are talking about cruises mid year.  Do you think we've been given the whole picture? 

Personally I doubt there will be any cruising in 2020, apart from an expedition cruise on Sydney Harbour Ferries to Manly or Watsons Bay, not to Taronga Zoo, it is closed.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Covid-19 is winning so far, no sports, no arts, only thing left is politics and religion and I am not a fan of either of those..

Not sure religion is winning, even in America where religion usually gets whatever it wants the protests of church ministers to keep congregating is being met with a resounding hell no 😂. Iran, France, Germany and South Korea all trace their infections back to religious congregations. I think they have as many PR problems as cruises right now. 

5 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

Not sure religion is winning, even in America where religion usually gets whatever it wants the protests of church ministers to keep congregating is being met with a resounding hell no 😂. Iran, France, Germany and South Korea all trace their infections back to religious congregations. I think they have as many PR problems as cruises right now. 

I didn't mean Religion was winning, I meant that Covid 19 was winning so the only thing left to talk about was religion and politics as all other subjects (especially cruising) has ceased.